GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Any chances Lambert and White frost get a second ability? White Frost has the ability to destroys all enemy artifacts but if your opponent does not play them you have a useless card in your hand. As for Lambert he destroys a ''resilient'' unit, considering that there are not that many cards that have ''resilient'' ability he is not included in any decks so any chance of giving him a second ability if he's played on a different row like for example Ida has 2 abilities (if you play her on ranged she boosts a unit while if you play her on melee she destroys an artifact).2
2. When can we expect a Roadmap?

Hello developers

I was forced to buy the Thronebreaker on GOG, because it was said that it would be GOG exclusive.
Only a month has passed and now I saw trailer about Steam realese:
There is no way to say how upset I am because I always wanted to have this game in my Steam library and I would wait if I knew that there would be such a possibility.
Is it possible to transfer my license key to Steam library by any chance?
I can not buy the Thronebreaker a second time

Dear Burza (and Vattier?!),

The overall generosity of CDPR seems to been reduced (no rewards for Rank Up and very very underwhelming Season End rewards and even in daily rewards for the same amount of games played). So, my questions are:

1) Will Rank Up rewards come back? (what would happen when next time we rank up? We will get the same avatar?)
2) Is it possible that Season End reward points will be revisited?
3) Is it possible that some of the rewards for the achievements be changed?

Thanks!

So I played Thronebreaker, loved it, for most part. I would change a few things, or to be more precise do a few things diffrentlly, but in general a really great game.

So my question is will there be another "Witcher Tale" game? Any INFO about that? I heard somewhere that they are planing to do one for each faction.So NR, Skellige,NG,even monsters.

I would like to ask game designer, if he can explain decisions behind RNG mechanics (on cards) in the game. We have seen major turn towards RNG at mid-winter update and homecoming didnt reverse this trend. So my questions are mainly:
  • What is the reason behind introducing (unnecessary) RNG (cards) into the game (like reveal, Shupe, create - mainly if its from wide pool, Gascon…)?
  • If the reasons are mainly viewer "fun" and casual audience or arena, isnt it too big of a sacrifice for the whole game?
  • What is your guideline when considering if RNG effect is still "healthy" RNG or if its too much?
  • What is your approach on this topic for the future? Is there a chance to revert to before mid-winter level of RNG?

I feel like you are trying to compete with other games with RNG to gather more people into the game instead of going your own route. But I think in the long term it would be better to play into your own strength as a skill game. Also other games have card texts that essentially "break" the rules to make those "fun" effects, something that is not so easily possible in Gwent.
I know you guys are busy, but I would really appreciate a bit more in-depth analysis from responsible person (if you can catch up with someone in the office, it would be great). I asked similar question before, but it was on stream where there is no time for deeper answers (I get answer that "RNG is not that bad"). So I would like to take this opportunity to know more about your reasoning (now and in the future).

Thank you very much

Last edited:
It would be cool to add a feature that shows how many players are currently in game (like what steam does) ,

Is there a plan to add it in the future ?

Hello,

1. When is the season on the PS4 ending?
2. Will a new feature be added to the PS4 so that we can see how many hours we have played?
3. Is there a plan/consideration on releasing physical Gwent cards (preferably with sort of an Open Beta vibe)?
4. Is a new faction being added in December? What is the plan for the release of new content? Each month, every 2 months?
5. Is there a plan to again bring abilities that correlate to the Witcher characters they represent or has that idea been completely scrapped? (Like now having Johnny attack, mages without spells, etc.)

Thanks

Hi,

I would like to know something about roadmap for gwent or similar thing like letter announcing project homecoming. Do you plan to share with it for 2019 or what can we expect next ingame? I mean in longterm development, not exact date. I know, there was mentioned you don't want to share too much with things that aren't ready or didn't started yet, but this form of communication would be nice.

Hi,
after HC launched burza said something about Redania/new content coming to gwent very soon. I'm not gonna lie - current card pool is limited and feels kinda bad. Can we get at least some timeframe when we can expect some content drop? this month? Before xmas? 2019?

Cheers

Hi! Just want to ask: are keg events, like Premium Keg Week, still a thing in Homecoming? Waiting for a nice event to buy some kegs. :)

Yennefer's Invocation - is it inteded that the card that gets placed back at the top of the owners deck and which might be drawn again, that this card is visible for the other player?

Card.JPG

Avatars like brann and a few of the ones that were exclusive for the high rankers, are they going to be available to us in this homecoming patch? :c

Will it be possible to view the composition of the opponent’s starting deck during /before the match?

The resource system allows you to play several completely different finishers within the same archetype. For example, in one deck it can be Regis, in the other lies Igni, in the third Kambi, or Sigil. From each card you have to play in their own way. If earlier we simply played it off automatically from scorch and igni, then now it is impossible to win back from everything.

Hello developers

I was forced to buy the Thronebreaker on GOG, because it was said that it would be GOG exclusive.
Only a month has passed and now I saw trailer about Steam realese:
There is no way to say how upset I am because I always wanted to have this game in my Steam library and I would wait if I knew that there would be such a possibility.
Is it possible to transfer my license key to Steam library by any chance?
I can not buy the Thronebreaker a second time

Hi, unfortunately you cannot transfer the game from one library onto the other.

Dear Burza (and Vattier?!),

The overall generosity of CDPR seems to been reduced (no rewards for Rank Up and very very underwhelming Season End rewards and even in daily rewards for the same amount of games played). So, my questions are:

1) Will Rank Up rewards come back? (what would happen when next time we rank up? We will get the same avatar?)
2) Is it possible that Season End reward points will be revisited?
3) Is it possible that some of the rewards for the achievements be changed?

Thanks!

Season end rewards will return for sure and the season tress will be unlocked once they are ready to be implemented into the game.

So I played Thronebreaker, loved it, for most part. I would change a few things, or to be more precise do a few things diffrentlly, but in general a really great game.

So my question is will there be another "Witcher Tale" game? Any INFO about that? I heard somewhere that they are planing to do one for each faction.So NR, Skellige,NG,even monsters.

If Thronebreaker does well we plan to have other tales coming in the future :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom