Reveal needs complete overhaul

+
Tibor can pull Jutta, Imperial Golem or the opponent's Tibor just as well, cause RNG. Which makes it 0-2 points gold.

The main issue here is not even RNG but the fact that, unlike in the beta, Tibor doesn't provide card advantage for the opponent.

Oh, and btw, Monsters also have 13 points card which is even better than Tibor (except for provision cost). Also a great target for ghouls, making that bronze card a 14 points play.

Sure, but if I have a ST deck and click "play game", then get NG reveal.....I can't then magically conjure up a ghoul or Jutta or Golem. I don't quite understand the mentality of "if you have SK, and Jutta, and the oppo has TIbor, and draws Jutta, it's only a couple of points" - the point is Tibor, against the VAST majority of cards, is a huge power swing. That's it, there's no response needed!

the point is Tibor, against the VAST majority of cards, is a huge power swing. That's it, there's no response needed!

The balance in this new Gwent is horrible, no arguing that. Reveal, artifacts, ale row stacking abuse, strong graveyard based plays (bearmasters, ghouls, Pavetta -> blue stripes), some leader's abilities (namely, immunity from Eredin) are game winning unless you have an exact answer. And you can't have all of them or be able to draw the card you need consistently (Xavier to counter graveyard, White Frost against artifacts, damage/lock against engines, scorch against Eredin, epidemic against row stacking cows, power reset against hugely buffed units, etc.).

But the point is this: stop complaining about a single card (when a lot of cards are broken) and adapt to the meta.

The balance in this new Gwent is horrible, no arguing that. Reveal, artifacts, ale row stacking abuse, strong graveyard based plays (bearmasters, ghouls, Pavetta -> blue stripes), some leader's abilities (namely, immunity from Eredin) are game winning unless you have an exact answer. And you can't have all of them or be able to draw the card you need consistently (Xavier to counter graveyard, White Frost against artifacts, damage/lock against engines, scorch against Eredin, epidemic against row stacking cows, power reset against hugely buffed units, etc.).

But the point is this: stop complaining about a single card (when a lot of cards are broken) and adapt to the meta.

Yep, good point - I'm trying to look beyond it to see what can be done. The difficulty goes back to pre-deal - I genuinely think you should be able to choose whether you proceed into 'battle' or not, without penalty. As soon as the matchmaking is done you should be able to see the opponents faction and leader, then have one more yes/no choice. That way, say you want to run White Frost in an artefact removal deck, when you then see, say, Monsters/Arachnid consume deck you can make the choice. You might think "ah, Frightener might turn up, so I'm happy to run the nerf" or you might think not. But instead you build a deck based on a recent experience which then lines up against decks where it's worthless.

So I'm running a deck that's trying to cover off every option, but is leaning towards artefact removal because I kept hitting it. As I said in my example, I then kept drawing oppo's without a single artefact - so how's that fair or skillful? It's then compounded by bad deals sealing the fate of the game. In effect, it's not just losing on the deal - it's winning/losing even before a single card is dealt because the meta-counters are far too specific.

it's winning/losing even before a single card is dealt because the meta-counters are far too specific.

That's what I was talking about: you can't have an answer to every broken card in Gwent right now.

Even in boring Greatswords meta you could run a deck that countered GS, but was pretty effective against many other decks. Sadly, not anymore.

That's what I was talking about: you can't have an answer to every broken card in Gwent right now.

Even in boring Greatswords meta you could run a deck that countered GS, but was pretty effective against many other decks. Sadly, not anymore.

Understood, and agreed. GS was always amusing - SC removal probably most effective. You could always see the 'pause' when the netdecker played the first GS then the panther killed it. Same with Foltest and that mangonel - which is the point, that SC deck could play against both, plus remove NR boosting dudes.

I truly don't understand people running what's basically a script....

"R1, turn 1. Play GS. Check. R1, turn 2, play ship. Erm. Hey, wait - where's my GS gone?? Wtf do I do now?!"

Understood, and agreed. GS was always amusing - SC removal probably most effective. You could always see the 'pause' when the netdecker played the first GS then the panther killed it. Same with Foltest and that mangonel - which is the point, that SC deck could play against both, plus remove NR boosting dudes.

I truly don't understand people running what's basically a script....

"R1, turn 1. Play GS. Check. R1, turn 2, play ship. Erm. Hey, wait - where's my GS gone?? Wtf do I do now?!"

Yes. I played cursed SK self-wounding deck (ships + marauders as the core) during coinflip abuse Broover Hoog reign and had 90% winrate against that crap (basically, I lost only because of very unlucky draws when going 1st). It was always funny to watch when they played Yaevinn and then passed with +2 CA. The easiest rank 21 I ever had in Gwent.

rrc

Forum veteran
Just to cheer you guys up:

I am playing Usurper and have the 11 Points Golem which reveals an enemy and damages self. I was playing against Vroohis Reveal. I had the Golem in hand and in R3, I mulliganed it so that when the opponent plays reveal-yours-and-see-others-and-take-action cards, my Golem can prevent some points.

The opponent played his/her Golem and guess what? It revealed my Golem and it got killed. Such a great satisfaction!

[I am waiting for the hotfix to play with my lovely Franchesca with the lovely Green dress I bought her. Until then, Usurper FTW!]

I am playing Usurper and have the 11 Points Golem which reveals an enemy and damages self. I was playing against Vroohis Reveal. I had the Golem in hand and in R3, I mulliganed it so that when the opponent plays reveal-yours-and-see-others-and-take-action cards, my Golem can prevent some points.

The problem isn't that reveal can't be beaten. The problem is that it all comes down to stupid rng.

another RNG issue i'd like to point out is when I'm playing reveal stating, "x card will boost by the highest RANDOM card" yet three times in a row it will "randomly" select the same card, sometimes on both decks, even though there are plenty of cards left.

another RNG issue i'd like to point out is when I'm playing reveal stating, "x card will boost by the highest RANDOM card" yet three times in a row it will "randomly" select the same card, sometimes on both decks, even though there are plenty of cards left.

I agree.

I like reveal the way it is. The only issue I have is that the randomness of the revealed cards seems to not be very random (revealing the same card many times in a row despite the low probability of that happening), I suspect there's something wrong with the algorithm behind drawing and placing cards from/in the deck.

I'm not revealing to give hints or ideas about each of our decks.
This pretty much describes how the game went wrong since Midwinter.
Back in the old days, knowing what cards were left in your opponent's hand was worth gold. Then it mostly didn't matter. Now it doesn't matter much either.

I like reveal the way it is. The only issue I have is that the randomness of the revealed cards seems to not be very random (revealing the same card many times in a row despite the low probability of that happening), I suspect there's something wrong with the algorithm behind drawing and placing cards from/in the deck.

yup this. has cost me several matches bc it continuously "randomly" selecting cards yet it pulls out the same cards from both decks. I don't have the patience or the interest to build a new faction deck. I'm just moving on

Another top move today - vs. NR deck, transforms a stack of cards in cursed knights, but lowest unit on my side is 4. Result? Plays spy prince, which draws "RANDOM" Gold card.....which just happened to be Silvig. Cue vast amounts of respawning. It's just a joke, I claim this game is, on some level, fixed. There are FAR TOO MANY coincidences.

I mean, the single gold the oppo wants is the precise card they get??? For fuggs sake, whut? Meantime my NG prison deck, carrying about 8 lock cards, draws precisely one of these cards for all three rounds, plus vicavaro, plus mulligan. Why does the medic draw the TOP card, it doesn't say that in the description. Basically, I'm looking at R3 and of the 8 cards left in the deck, every single one is a lock card!!

Ok, this is beyond ridiculous - the NG reveal is so broken it's astonishing any of this got out. Just played an oppo (felt more like a computer bot, as usual, with "just the right cards appearing at just the right time" thing going on, but anywho....) who had Tibor, Golem, and other 'reveal' units.

Fine, you think. Makes sense, you say. However, I had no units left. So what, I hear you cry. Well.....TIBOR SUMMONED NOTHING, GOLEM WASNT DAMAGED, ALL UNITS BOOSTED!!!!!!

Seriously, guys, how did we go from a masterpiece of modern gaming in Witcher 3 to this level of ineptitude? It's getting to the point where people just won't be able to play it unless you play the same two or three factions as everyone else. The user community is already on their knees, but why did they not have any fore-thought for cards like Tibor if the stupid deal mechanic leaves no units?

Also, I'm still awaiting for feedback on why its fixed - why would the above NG hand have a Dimetrium Bomb, then not play it when I had two master spears instead waiting for Sihil? That is not a usual card in a MO deck, by the way, I've NEVER played against it.

If you had no units and he had Tibor and Golem in reserve that's got to be the stars aligning to screw you over. You were just unlucky. Don't sweat it.

Also, I'm still awaiting for feedback on why its fixed - why would the above NG hand have a Dimetrium Bomb, then not play it when I had two master spears instead waiting for Sihil? That is not a usual card in a MO deck, by the way, I've NEVER played against it.
Cause some people, and this may astonish you, have a brain.

Ok, this is beyond ridiculous - the NG reveal is so broken it's astonishing any of this got out. Just played an oppo (felt more like a computer bot, as usual, with "just the right cards appearing at just the right time" thing going on, but anywho....) who had Tibor, Golem, and other 'reveal' units.

Fine, you think. Makes sense, you say. However, I had no units left. So what, I hear you cry. Well.....TIBOR SUMMONED NOTHING, GOLEM WASNT DAMAGED, ALL UNITS BOOSTED!!!!!!

Seriously, guys, how did we go from a masterpiece of modern gaming in Witcher 3 to this level of ineptitude? It's getting to the point where people just won't be able to play it unless you play the same two or three factions as everyone else. The user community is already on their knees, but why did they not have any fore-thought for cards like Tibor if the stupid deal mechanic leaves no units?

Did You play Woodland as a leader? Since Aretuza Snapshot #4 everybody expects Sihil in a Woodland deck.

Top Bottom