Scoia'tael Faction Week is here!

+

We call upon all elves, dwarves, dryads and gnomes – Scoia'tael Faction Week is here! Let's put those dh'oine in their place!

Until November 27th (Tuesday), 12 PM (noon) CET, you will earn 50% more XP for playing Scoia'tael in all game modes!

Additionally, for the time of the event, we've added Scoia'tael Faction Kegs to the store – each Keg costs 300 ore and contains 5 Scoia'tael cards!

This event is only available on PC.

rrc

Forum veteran

We call upon all elves, dwarves, dryads and gnomes – Scoia'tael Faction Week is here! Let's put those dh'oine in their place!

Until November 27th (Tuesday), 12 PM (noon) CET, you will earn 50% more XP for playing Scoia'tael in all game modes!

Additionally, for the time of the event, we've added Scoia'tael Faction Kegs to the store – each Keg costs 300 ore and contains 5 Scoia'tael cards!

This event is only available on PC.
Very very interesting! Thanks a lot. My Franchesca will be happy for this :)
Post automatically merged:

BTW, is this a send off for Eithnè :p [BTW, I don't play with Eithnè and I am happy she is nerfed]

I'll play the devil's advocate here. Users didn't like the faction challenges because it made the meta more stale, playing only against 2 factions. Now, it's even worse because it's only one faction and it's already a popular one.

What's the point of the Scoia'tael week? What do the devs want to achieve here? Instead of a fixed faction for everyone, the devs should look at each player individually.

Suggestion: The Underdog Week
During the underdog week, you'll gain 50% more exp when playing with the faction that has the least amount of wins (in your profile).

PS. The faction challenge rewards were another issue, but those have been addressed in the shape of achievements.

Last edited:
Of all the factions you had to pick the most broken one in this damn patch?

Bit of feedback on faction kegs; seems like an overkill to ask 300 ore when there is no benefit other then guaranteed scoiatel cards. Would be interesting to see if people buy them, but since they don't offer any added value a 150 ore price would be more appropriate.

A side question, can you get any scoiatel cards from the kegs including ones that are from Thronebreaker? or just the base set.

Last edited:
Picking Scoia'tael for this event, when players are eagerly awaiting December balance changes, sick and tired of Eithne control & artifact decks, that is just cruel... Or whoever picked the faction has no clue what is happenig with game and community.

Also 300 gold for a regular faction keg is not very good deal. Even if you are interested only in playing that particular faction, its better to just get 3 regular kegs, pick cards form the faciton you want and mill the rest.

Last edited:
Good job CDPR, way to piss off their already dwindling player base. Guess I better net deck Eithne Control too then..

[off-topic]
Not really, I net decked and found it :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Because we all want to play against Eithne, right!
This event shows how disconnected CDPR is from their community and the issues the game has right now.

Like it wasn't bad enough when faction battles where among the two most popular factions at the moment, now you have to promote the faction that is broken and already dominates both casual and ranked?

Do you want your remaining players to uninstall the game?

The event should be for the least played faction (NR, probably?).

This can mean only two things

Eithne and Scoiatael getting big nerf bat.

OR

Developers are lost in time and space.

They should give us NR or maybe Skellige week. Since all I’m seeing in ranked is Eithne, MV reveal and some versions of monsters.

Terrible decision. I don't play ranked at all now. At least with the ST Dorfs deck it was points on the board. Annoyed me that when all the NG and SK players complained about dorfs, it wasn't that terrible a deck.

This Eithne control is rather offensive.

rrc

Forum veteran
I'll play the devil's advocate here. Users didn't like the faction challenges because it made the meta more stale, playing only against 2 factions. Now, it's even worse because it's only one faction and it's already a popular one.

What's the point of the Scoia'tael week? What do the devs want to achieve here? Instead of a fixed faction for everyone, the devs should look at each player individually.

During the underdog week, you'll gain 50% more exp when playing with the faction that has the least amount of wins (in your profile).

PS. The faction challenge rewards were another issue, but those have been addressed in the shape of achievements.
Actually, The Underdog Week can be a permenant event every season! Really fantastic suggestion 4RM3D

Last edited:
Well to be fair, there was a poll recently concerning the favorite faction, and scoiatael won the wote. So i wouldnt call CDPR out for being disconnected with the player base, when the player base is sending mixed signals. Enjoy your faction week.

I also dont get why NR is still a faction. They should remove all leader cards, add Radovid, and rename the faction to Redania, making it more lore friendly ;)
All hail king Radovid!

Last edited:
Giving PC players a 50% extra XP Bonus just makes the gap even larger for when console players get to play Homecoming aswell. I don't like this at all, at least have the decency to wait with all the events until Homecoming releases for us too.

(Extremely) Early release for PC? Ok, I'll be patient, it's CDPR.
Extra events and rewards for PC players only in the meantime? Not acceptable. Sorry to be spreading even more negativity but some things have to be said.

Giving PC players a 50% extra XP Bonus just makes the gap even larger for when console players get to play Homecoming aswell. I don't like this at all, at least have the decency to wait with all the events until Homecoming releases for us too.

Extra events and rewards for PC players only in the meantime? Not acceptable. Sorry to be spreading even more negativity but some things have to be said.

This crying all over again.
PC players wait over 6 months and more for a port.

You receive additional scraps over the kegs your earned and autoscrap full mill value this much more worth as this event.

rrc

Forum veteran

While your argument is valid, you can think that it is our poor PC players' fee for suffering which contributes to the balance patch. You didn't have to face 5 Provision Artifacts and other things that get balanced/fixes. Honestly if we don't get anything for play testing for a month and polishing the game for console players (who come to a better game), it is unfair to us. Isn't it? :p

Last edited:
That is great idea. However, I would suggest 2 changes.

- It should consider number of games instead of number of wins. I generally find statistics not forcing wins to lead to more entertaining environment.

- It should consider player's profile second worst class because of how leaderboard score is calculated. There are involved only 4 out 5 factions in player's score and encouraging user to play 5th faction, which is not adding anything to his score and is probably also his the least favourite one, should not be trying to go strictly against that player preferences.

But overall, great suggetion 4RM3D!

rrc

Forum veteran
That is great idea. However, I would suggest 2 changes.

- It should consider number of games instead of number of wins. I generally find statistics not forcing wins to lead to more entertaining environment.

- It should consider player's profile second worst class because of how leaderboard score is calculated. There are involved only 4 out 5 factions in player's score and encouraging user to play 5th faction, which is not adding anything to his score and is probably also his the least favourite one, should not be trying to go strictly against that player preferences.

But overall, great suggetion 4RM3D!
Very nice points Charles!

Top Bottom