GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there going to be any upcoming seasonal events like the Holiday of the Dead and the Mahakam Ale Fest? I thought those were a big incentive to log in and play, and were really fun as well! Good luck with the game!

Hello my gwent friends,

with Thronebreaker and Homecoming finally coming to consoles in two weeks i'd like to ask a few questions.

1.) When I purchase Thronebreaker, which of the extras for Gwent can i expect to get? ( also will we have some way to access the Artbook or comic which were part of extras on GOG?)
2.) Will Homecoming be an update for the current version or do we have to download a seperate version?
3.) Do you have a date when the servers for consoles will be shut down for transition?

Last edited:
Are we going to be able to have a two-way conversation with you guys about things which we don't like, regarding the direction Homecoming is traveling in? Or are you going to address some of those major sticking points in some sort of statement?

If enough people ask for, and are willing to pay for, a certain feature - such as bringing back the third row, or being able to play old Gwent - would you do that for your fans?

Dear Burza,
Thanks a lot for the sneak peak. Your communication/leeks in this thread is the best thing about Gwent :cool:. You mentioned that the main focus was to tweak cards provision/power. While the list you gave was awesome and exciting, I want to know (at least an Yes or No answer) about other cards (2 per faction) I thought that would get balanced.

Does any of the following card gets balanced (even if you can't give exact change, please say Yes or NO).
1) Letho of Gullet (Mulligan thief)
2) Sweers
3) Sabrina (the Dragon's Dream which triggers on the same round)
4) Draug
5) Derren (3 mulligan for 8 provision without any counter)
6) Birna (2 mulligan without any counter)
7) Adda - Striga
8) Golyat
9) Blue Mountain Elite
10) Ioverth (2 Pitfall trap guy)
11) Crow's Eye
12) Mandarake (+1 provision than AC and does the same as AC without even locking?)
13) Ciri Nova

L1) Also apart from Eithnè and Vroohis does any other leader get their ability changed or mulligan changed?

Thanks a lot in Advance!

Last edited:

Guest 4327745

Are we able to play gwent without having ps+?
Do we get that digital art book for buying thronbreaker on consoles that we would get if we would buy it on gog?

The biggest most un-fun problem ive found with HC is the amount of units that deal damage on deploy, playing against Eithne is the most revolting thing ive seen in a card game, wherein everything I put down is expected to die, not allowing me to play my deck. Which brings me to my question: Are you going to nerf the amount of bronze scoia'tael units that deal damage on deploy?

(im aware that Eithne is getting nerfed, but 3 dmg Deploy is far too strong in my opinion, at least when its on too many cards)

Last edited:
Hey team,

Technical question regarding Deploy and the order in which it triggers.

Visually it looks like you play a card onto the board and then it triggers the deploy ability:
  1. Triss: Telekinesis is played, Golden Froth is selected and then buffs Triss
  2. Wild Hunt Rider is played and then (if it the only unit on board) pulls a copy of itself from the deck
But in other cases the functionality seems to be reversed:
  1. Lippy or Assire move Roach from the graveyard to deck and then pull Roach out
  2. Caranthir copies a thrive unit and then triggers a thrive tick
  3. Maharkam Volunteers is played to the Melee Row and then doesn't pull a copy of itself from the deck
I'm just not clear about what order the triggers are intended to occur at a technical level.
Appreciate any feedback :)

What is with the season rewards for this season? Borders, title? Found just info when season start and end day.

You plan change ranked system or does it stay in the current state?

What is with the season rewards for this season? Borders, title? Found just info when season start and end day.

You plan change ranked system or does it stay in the current state?

Only rewards are reward points for PC players. As for consoles you have all the info in the rewards tab.

Dear Burza,
Thanks a lot for the sneak peak. Your communication/leeks in this thread is the best thing about Gwent :cool:. You mentioned that the main focus was to tweak cards provision/power. While the list you gave was awesome and exciting, I want to know (at least an Yes or No answer) about other cards (2 per faction) I thought that would get balanced.

Does any of the following card gets balanced (even if you can't give exact change, please say Yes or NO).
1) Letho of Gullet (Mulligan thief) - No
2) Sweers - Yes
3) Sabrina (the Dragon's Dream which triggers on the same round) - Yes
4) Draug - Yes
5) Derren (3 mulligan for 8 provision without any counter) - No
6) Birna (2 mulligan without any counter) - No
7) Adda - Striga - No
8) Golyat - No
9) Blue Mountain Elite - Yes
10) Ioverth (2 Pitfall trap guy) - No
11) Crow's Eye - No
12) Mandarake (+1 provision than AC and does the same as AC without even locking?) - No
13) Ciri Nova - No

L1) Also apart from Eithnè and Vroohis does any other leader get their ability changed or mulligan changed?

Muligan changes for:
Arachas Queen
Emhyr
Usurper
Foltest
Henselt
Filavandrel

Thanks a lot in Advance!

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Are there going to be any upcoming seasonal events like the Holiday of the Dead and the Mahakam Ale Fest? I thought those were a big incentive to log in and play, and were really fun as well! Good luck with the game!

These are on hold for now.

Hi Burza, are we going to get more info on how much kegs will us console peseants get for the wait? Will it be more than just kegs? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom