Why would Geralt go to Tousaint before finding Ciri?

+
He most likely wouldn't go to Toussaint before finding Ciri, still, you don't have to go there unless you want to, it's not like the game's forcing you in any way or constantly slaps the opportunity in your face, you just get the quest and that's it.

Being required to have beaten the main story doesn't seem like a good alternative at all, imagine how many people would upset that, like having bought the addon and not being able to play it, etc.

I think it's fine the way it's handled, if you don't want to go there before finding Ciri/finishing the story, then simply don't.

Last edited:
Your example is stupid. Yet Skellige unlocks on some point and isn't available from the start of the game. There's a story that takes place here and you need to do things before in order to do others...

Stupid huh? Nice. Says the guy who's making a whole issue that is as easily solved as "do Blood and Wine after
main quest".

You need to get out more.

It is just a game so free to do what you want.
But since this game is based on the books it is completely correct to say Geralt would never go to Toussiant if he hadn't found Ciri. Just read the books for better understanding how desperate Geralt searched for her and how he did try avoid indirections to her rescue (beside unvoidable stops).
Anyhow that is just a conclusion, players can do as they like.
For me I finished all main quests already and this feels more likely to me.
But its no big deal anyhow

That and if you do it right, Geralt has NO IDEA where Ciri is so he could think she's in Touisant as well as anywhere else.

Not true Geralt has no idea about the situation of Ciri despite his "visions".You can't get out of White Orchard before finding Yennefer and when you find her she not only for the 1st time tells Geralt about Ciri's situation but she also says Ciri could be in 3 locations Velen,Novigrad or Skellige.Toussaint or any other location is not an option.

My Geralt definitely didn't, B&W should be played after the main story imho. There are some references to the main story and the ending is better if the whole thing with the Wild Hunt is completed.

No one's forcing you to do it before that, this thread is pointless

because he's supposed to go there after. And you having the ability to go to Toussaint mid game doesn't mean you must go there right away. CDPR want to give us the choices. Or do you want to be forced? You have the freedom to choose and now you're complaining about it?

Yes, he does (I started B&W right before last battle).
I didn't know that B&W is supposed to play after main quest, I though I will do B&W before main quest now, and 2nd play through after main quest.
But it looks like it makes no sense.
I guess I will finish my main quest tonight, before continuing B&W.

Read books before complaining! You can't expect game which continues books history (instead of mirroring it) to explain every single book reference and spoiling everything.
According to books:
Gerald has already been looking Ciri for a long time and at some point he just did "meh, I'll just sit in Toussaint, drink, kill and fuck random sorceress"; get some money, healing, stamina and rest. At the time he probably considered an option that Yennefer is Nilfgardian spy that used/soled Ciri from him to get good deal and political position.
Then while killing monsters in some wine cellar he overheard democratic-conspirators talking about Gerald's archenemy whereabouts and got there just few hours after Ciri was captured.
So actually, making a Toussaint break makes a lot of sense, since he probably doesn't trust Yennefer 100% (want to get second opinion from some other sorceress that might reside in Toussaint and knows a lot about elder blood?); and since Toussaint contains a lot of elven ruins and libraris that can contain books/manuscripts about Wild Hunt, Avallac'h, Elder Blood etc. The conspirators situation could repeat itself as well.

Finally, you can only go there after helping Dandelion -> after realizing that:
- Ciri is not in Novingard
- Ciri is not in Velen
- Ciri is very resourceful, can teleport and would just find him if she was decided that the moment is right
- Yennefer takes care of Skellige end.

From personal experience, geralt does blood and wine because the main game has a game breaking bug that doesn't allow me to complete blindingly obvious! So he has no choice!

So just imagine Geralt is broke, like totally. He has not even the pass to enter the first area.

Like a totally dumb playthrough.

Then he has no idea, who is Ciri, who is Dandelion, mixing them up.

Hunted by succubi and vampires and the flaming rose.

Drinking and whoring around. Not enough energy to meditate. No books to help him.

But combat wise leveled to his personal max.
Items are decent, full cat school armor.

But his two swords are missing. Got to take a club and a dagger, like in W1.

So he is in a other hideout than in the books or so.

And suddenly he thinks... Well I have to make endgame, without finishing any important quest, why? Well will be a speedrun.

And then character dies. No save left. Trial of Iron.

What should a player do to improve his skills. Meaning a playthrough of the expansioni. I never played them. And so I thought. How hard could it be. Last witcher had good armor and stuff but no money and romanced Triss, though Shani was my romance in W1. Wanted to start fresh. But the source material, books and so on are hard to get in English here. Maybe I should have read them before.

Any tips.

This issue is sadly not only present on the expansions but also all though out the game with many of the side quest and activities. It creates a lot of suspension of disbelieve.

I think it's simply too hard to make an open world game with player freedom, while at the same time having a "time sensitive" main quest.
For this reason i feal The Witcher 3 main story would have been way superior if the scope of the world was more narrow(no Skellige; Velen and Novigrad being two separate smaller maps, etc) and player freedom was a tiny bit more restrictive, like forcing us to go through each zone in a particular oder(at least until certain key story points), a little more restrictive too in regards of when some side activities unlock.
A biger quantity of the side quest should have been more connected to the main quest line too.

Had the scope of the game been a little smaller we would not have ended up with so many "smuglers caches", "treasure hunts", "bandid camps", "monsters nest" and "infested villages" that were required to fill in the gaps in the world.

As for the expansions, they should simply have been Stand Alone Stories not connected to the main game, like the ones in The Witcher 1 or in the first two books.

PS: Shani should have been included on the main game regardless of expansions or not.

Last edited:
Top Bottom