GWENT: Ask a Dev Discussion Thread

+
Hello! I was considering coin flip balance in current gwent and it seems good but there are many cards that can easily deal with tactical advantage (cleaver, geralt, etc.). Maybe it would be better to give tactical advantage 5 charges, boost for one each. Just a food for thoughts.

Hey team,

Technical question regarding Deploy and the order in which it triggers.

Visually it looks like you play a card onto the board and then it triggers the deploy ability:
  1. Triss: Telekinesis is played, Golden Froth is selected and then buffs Triss
  2. Wild Hunt Rider is played and then (if it the only unit on board) pulls a copy of itself from the deck
But in other cases the functionality seems to be reversed:
  1. Lippy or Assire move Roach from the graveyard to deck and then pull Roach out
  2. Caranthir copies a thrive unit and then triggers a thrive tick
  3. Maharkam Volunteers is played to the Melee Row and then doesn't pull a copy of itself from the deck
I'm just not clear about what order the triggers are intended to occur at a technical level.
Appreciate any feedback :)

The order is : Deploy--> anything that has to do with the unit coming into play

The wild Hunt rider pulls himself because, if neither of you have any unit on the board, the highest unit is 0, and you technically have that unit, because it works in a draw situation.

With triss the deploy is to discover the card, and then you play it

What is with the season rewards for this season? Borders, title? Found just info when season start and end day.

The season no longer offers direct rewards. Instead, you can spend reward points in the reward book on the seasonal tree. This tree will be unlocked in the next season, meaning the current one doesn't offer any rewards besides the one-time achievements. One final note, every season will have its own tree.

The season no longer offers direct rewards. Instead, you can spend reward points in the reward book on the seasonal tree. This tree will be unlocked in the next season, meaning the current one doesn't offer any rewards besides the one-time achievements. One final note, every season will have its own tree.
Yeah, but how many points and what is with top 100 players for example they receive the same? It's kinda lame rank up for nothing.

Yeah, but how many points and what is with top 100 players for example they receive the same? It's kinda lame rank up for nothing.

No rewards are given this season because the console players are still on the old ranking system which would be unfair to them. But who knows, maybe CDPR will give a small reward to the top ranked.

A word on the seasonal tree?
Are they coming with December patch?

The tree should be unlocked coming next season year.

(Post moved to the discussion thread because the question has already been asked and answered)

Last edited:
Hello! In the previous update, the number of ranks was changed from 21 to 30. But at the same time, the length of the season remained the same. Do you plan to increase the duration of the season?

Hello! In the previous update, the number of ranks was changed from 21 to 30. But at the same time, the length of the season remained the same. Do you plan to increase the duration of the season?

Your assumption is that because 30 > 21, it must take longer to reach the top rank. The whole ranking system has been redesigned and you can still get to the top rank in the same amount of time. The season length will remain one month.

Hello, I'm feeling ignored by CDPR since I don't like HC and anything about it.
Is there any step for bringing the old game back somehow (like second Gwent game to play or maybe even Gwent beta style or smth...) or is it endless and hopeless waiting for me?

There are no such plans, at the moment.
I'd like my question to be answered by Burza, who I asked.

So I'm asking again;

Hello, I'm feeling ignored by CDPR since I don't like HC and anything about it.
Is there any step for bringing the old game back somehow (like second Gwent game to play or maybe even Gwent beta style or smth...) or is it endless and hopeless waiting for me?

Thank you.

I'd like my question to be answered by Burza, who I asked

It was already answered by another CDPR representative in another thread. I am trying to find the post as we speak.

EDIT: Cannot find the exact post, but I did find an indirect answer by Burza; not the one I was searching for, though. Maybe it was on the non-English forums.

Last edited:
I hope devs reconsider and launch season-trees this december.

After playing for a month, I gathered more than 400 points, so it should be doable for console players. I dont understand the repercussion.

Top Bottom