Ideas for point-burst combo cards

+
So I have been building a rather silly deck for a while.

The deck in it's core is basically a Greatsword deck / an enemy wounding deck but without any bloodthirst cards... if that makes sense.
Next to the enemy wounding thing, the deck has rather small but powerful game-swinging card combos for example:

DD + NIvellen: Rather a classic one which works really well with Greatswords in play
Jutta + Sigdrifa: Just an on-demand 12 point play
Hym + Olaf: If you manage to ping the Olaf by 1 damage then this combo is worth 21 points which not a lot of enemies will see coming (most of them just ignore Olaf since bursting through 7 HP is rather hard)
Derran + Mork + Roach: Basically the wannabe witchers trio, Derran into chosing Mork (+2 whatever cards) and that will be a 13 point play
Witchers trio: Well.... witchers....trio

Now what I'm trying to do is to find better card combos (max up to 3 cards) that generate more value than the ones I already listed.
For example I'm trying to remove the Jutta + Sigdrifa combo since it's the one performing the worst of all the others.
I also managed to make a deck which doesn't include the witchers when they eventually get nerfed.

Anyway, the leader is Harald if that helps.

So I ask you if you know any other high point burst combos for Skellige with max 3 cards any help is appreciated.

(A well aligned) Regis + Craiteswords

Regis already does a lot of damage and, on top of that, each hit triggers the Craitesword's ability.

(A well aligned) Regis + Craiteswords

Regis already does a lot of damage and, on top of that, each hit triggers the Craitesword's ability.

I thought about Regis too but more often than not I find it hard to align stuff. Since I'm playing Harald and not Crach (Also it's hard to switch them since Crach can't buff a GS up to a point where it doesn't get removed whereas Harald potentially just gives the GS 8 strength)

So I just included DD instead of Regis since it more or less does the same thing. I do run Bears and The 4 prov dude with the 1 ping dmg per discard, so it may work out somehow (Another problem is that I run Delirium... you know what I should have posted the Deck with the post, I will do that when I get home so people can see the situation better ^^)

But thx for the reply!

I am running the following deck:

craiteswords.jpg

It's basically a combo of discard and Craiteswords.

I am using Birna, Derran and Skald to discard stuff while putting points on the board and discarding less useful cards. Incidentally, I am using Bomb Heaver instead of the golden removal, so I can ress it in case I do need it.

Freya's Blessing is pretty nice to reuse Skald, if needed, or a Bomb Heaver, occasionally. Otherwise, the primary target is Craitesword.

Tremors is an underused card which usually gains good value on its own and works even better with Craiteswords.

The downside is that Craiteswords can be removed quite easily. That's why I have Thunderbolt to buff them out of most removal range. Also, having the Spear ping for one extra health is nice. In the end, the removal doesn't matter, as long as you can save Harald for last with Craiteswords. The more that are alive then, the better. Regardless, you usually only need one to stick.

I am running the following deck:

It's basically a combo of discard and Craiteswords.

I am using Birna, Derran and Skald to discard stuff while putting points on the board and discarding less useful cards. Incidentally, I am using Bomb Heaver instead of the golden removal, so I can ress it in case I do need it.

Freya's Blessing is pretty nice to reuse Skald, if needed, or a Bomb Heaver, occasionally. Otherwise, the primary target is Craitesword.

Tremors is an underused card which usually gains good value on its own and works even better with Craiteswords.

The downside is that Craiteswords can be removed quite easily. That's why I have Thunderbolt to buff them out of most removal range. Also, having the Spear ping for one extra health is nice. In the end, the removal doesn't matter, as long as you can save Harald for last with Craiteswords. The more that are alive then, the better. Regardless, you usually only need one to stick.

Seems like your deck is more on the control side of things (also you have 3 cards that you ultimately just want to discard but 7 discards in total, do you use the later 4 to remove tech cards like Heaver when you don't need them? or Thunderbolt when you know the enemy doesn't have removal?)
Or do you use the discard on the discard cards to simply sycle to your deck

Also here are my 2 Decks

The one with the Witcher Trio:

https://imgur.com/a/hYV3HGr

The one without the Trio:

https://imgur.com/a/KjDa0A1

As you see, setting up a Regis is rather hard with this Deck, thats why I went with DD

Edit: To be honest the good thing about the second deck is that it essentially can get only buffed ^^
Post automatically merged:

DD, nivellen, Sabrina, adda and Hubert, really bad, needs some luck though

Uhhh... thanks!
But uhhh... I was kind of searching for Skellige tactics ^^

Last edited:
Seems like your deck is more on the control side of things (also you have 3 cards that you ultimately just want to discard but 7 discards in total, do you use the later 4 to remove tech cards like Heaver when you don't need them? or Thunderbolt when you know the enemy doesn't have removal?)
Or do you use the discard on the discard cards to simply sycle to your deck

It depends on the match-up and how lucky I get with the draws. For example, if I haven't drawn Dagur or Delirium I might use the discard more aggressively, even discarding a Thunderbolt as, like you've said, can be done when the opponent isn't playing control or no longer has an answer. In short rounds, I could also discard a Spear or Tremors. As for the Bomb Heaver, I usually discard it. If I do happen to need it, I can just ress it. Strays of Spalla usually doesn't find much value, but can be critical in certain rare cases.

It depends on the match-up and how lucky I get with the draws. For example, if I haven't drawn Dagur or Delirium I might use the discard more aggressively, even discarding a Thunderbolt as, like you've said, can be done when the opponent isn't playing control or no longer has an answer. In short rounds, I could also discard a Spear or Tremors. As for the Bomb Heaver, I usually discard it. If I do happen to need it, I can just ress it. Strays of Spalla usually doesn't find much value, but can be critical in certain rare cases.

Out of curiosity, why don't you replace the strays with Dimun Warships?

I would have replaced them with a Dimun Warship and a Drummond Queensguard

I guess it depends on what you're looking to add.

There aren't many faction options to swap with Jutta/Sig. A Jutta/Sig switch by itself has to be 17 prov or less. You would probably cut Jutta over Sig since Sig can bring back Dagur. The trouble there is Jutta is 7 prov and there is very little room to retool the bronzes.

You could try to fit in Yen:Con and Avallac'h. Ava could work on several cards in both decks. If the opponent burns him it's less removal for Dagur, Yen and GS. You would need to retool golds or drop a Warship for a Wolf Pack or something though. Beyond that you could try to fit in some type of removal card. That probably takes points from Dagur/GS but may be worth it.

Wild Boar of the Sea, Svanrige, Houndsnout, Ulf or a damage/removal SK gold could work. Maybe a lock. Dunno.....

DRK3

Forum veteran
You say Jutta + Sig isnt providing great value like your other combos? Maybe thats because you're doing the wrong combo.

Jutta + Mirror. Assuming there's nothing 12 or above on board, which should be most of the times, except vs Tibor and Giant Woodland, it gives you a 18pt Jutta, more if she's damaged below 6 when you use the Mirror.

When facing Giant Woodland its even better, but works differently: play Jutta when the enemy already has a big (12+) unit, so your Jutta is also 12, then use Mirror on a Ghoul /Alghoul that consumed a big unit for another 10-15 pt removal.

Out of curiosity, why don't you replace the strays with Dimun Warships?

I would have replaced them with a Dimun Warship and a Drummond Queensguard

I would only be able to trigger Queensguard with a Spear. That is, if the Queensguard or the Spear isn't removed and I have both of them available to begin with. I suppose I could just throw the Queensguard on the discard pile and ress it later. Maybe worth a shot.

As for the Warships, I have thought of that. A Strays could be critical when I absolutely need to move something, but a Warship will only be pure points. It's still a decent replacement, though.

DRK3

Forum veteran
My self-damage Crach deck is doing wonders... Since the meta is Bloodthirst Crach or Lippy Froth Crach, players are busy trying to counter those while i just let my QG run rampant (got Crach ability, 1 Spear, 1 Harald, 1 bronze bear that hits 1pt on left - that is more than enough)

I also run Regis, as pratically the only control on the deck... Hadnt used it in weeks, and man, those people that said to me it isnt OP... Just had a +30pt Regis, followed by a 5-wave Regis, he really is a tide turner.

Top Bottom