The Forlorn Hope: Cyberpunk Off-Topic

+
Also, if any of you have not gotten the influenza vaccines yet, please do.

The first time in my life that I got the flu vaccine (Nov. 2000) -- I had never been more ill. Started the evening I got the injection and I was still sick at New Year's. The second time was a few weeks after I landed in the UAE (Sept. 2007). I developed pneumonia within a few days.

Nothing against the vaccine, as it seems to work fine for a lot of people. But, I'll take my chances with the bloody viruses. Strain A...strain B... I'll tear them each apart! I'll take'em both together!! Today is a good day to die!!!

Media lives off of clickbait, and the journos like to make a pompous deal out of anything that can increase those clicks. I don’t know what these ”true fans” are, though. Are they the ones who’ll cheer for anything that comes out of the studio?

I don’t give a hoot about graphics, upgrades or downgrades. It’s all about gameplay mechanics and their complexity and diversity, and interactivity; and I’d rather CDPR went for a more niche audience than attempted a rivalry with Rockstar for the audience consisting of absolutely everyone but me.

If they get the gameplay part right, all else comes as icing on the cake.

And that’d be worth waiting for, not some vague promises of quality matching what ever other studio.

I'll agree with you and add story to that as well. If you have a mechanically sound game, but the story makes you want to cry or bores you to tears, it's a fruitcake. Technically a cake, but damned if it isn't the densest material known to man.

Graphical fidelity is great, but... not my main concern, either. It also looks pretty good so far, but a bit rough in some places. I think CDPR learned their lesson with Witcher 3.

I'll agree with you and add story to that as well. If you have a mechanically sound game, but the story makes you want to cry or bores you to tears, it's a fruitcake. Technically a cake, but damned if it isn't the densest material known to man.

Yeah.

I can handle bad/uninspired writing if I’m having fun playing (case in point: Might and Magic X: Legacy). But I can’t handle bad/uninspired gameplay no matter how good the story was.

I mean, I can pick off the blueberries and kiwifruit from the icing, but gutting the whole cake to get rid of them from inside... I’d rather get another cake altogether.

I can't handle bad/uninspired writing or world-building. You fuck up those and you can have the most sound gameplay ever, it's gonna feel like waste of time. If gameplay is the only thing I cared about, I would've never touched Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines to my own shame.

On the topic. Media always try to squeeze something out of nothing. Add there insane expectations people have and I'm beginning to worry about the reception. Going by this forum alone, CDPR needs to fulfill the wildest dreams of each and everyone and create the greatest game of all time...

Since we can't distribute modern gaming journos between collective farms and artels to produce goods and boost physical economy and unironically MAGA (gaming journos are not qualified for such kind of physical labor), the only good strategy is not to click on those articles.

The first time in my life that I got the flu vaccine (Nov. 2000) -- I had never been more ill. Started the evening I got the injection and I was still sick at New Year's. The second time was a few weeks after I landed in the UAE (Sept. 2007). I developed pneumonia within a few days.

Nothing against the vaccine, as it seems to work fine for a lot of people. But, I'll take my chances with the bloody viruses. Strain A...strain B... I'll tear them each apart! I'll take'em both together!! Today is a good day to die!!!

It's... extremely hard to find being done properly for civilians, but you can go with inoculation instead of vaccination. You end up with the actual, live virus instead of a weakened one but combined with an antiviral therapy that allows your immune system to fight it off without anywhere near the same level of sick you'd normally get. It's always worked great for me; I never catch the flu afterwards.

It's just not the popular method because it's both very expensive and, if your immune system is in any way weakened, quite dangerous.

Since we can't distribute modern gaming journos between collective farms and artels to produce goods and boost physical economy and unironically MAGA (gaming journos are not qualified for such kind of physical labor), the only good strategy is not to click on those articles.

The Titanic 2 is going to set sail in 2022. Maybe we can get them all tickets for the voyage and hire someone to tow an iceberg?

It's... extremely hard to find being done properly for civilians, but you can go with inoculation instead of vaccination. You end up with the actual, live virus instead of a weakened one but combined with an antiviral therapy that allows your immune system to fight it off without anywhere near the same level of sick you'd normally get. It's always worked great for me; I never catch the flu afterwards.

It's just not the popular method because it's both very expensive and, if your immune system is in any way weakened, quite dangerous.

I don't get sick either, usually. I'm sure the vaccinations are just fine. It's not that; it's me. I'm very, very sure. Probably all the years in schools, surrounded by the students and their cocktails of germs and viruses; I've built up quite a resistance. For me, throughout my entire life, getting the flu usually means running a temperature for a few hours and a week of the sniffles. If I miss work, it's maybe a day. Perhaps 2 if I'm really knocked out. Normally, it's nothing. The only medication I take is Tylenol or asprin for a fever and maybe NyQuil. The only times in my life I've ever been extremely ill with the flu is when I got the vaccine.

Okay. This [The Now Moved Bad Medias Bad Thread] is going to/is turning into a Media Hatefest.

Do Not Do That.

This is more general bar talk, because we don't like or allow hate threads here.

Merging with Forlorn Hope.

Never had a flu vaccine, and I don't intend to change that. I don't see any point in it; the last time I was sick from something more than a few hours of fever was... I don't even remember. 10+ years ago.

Besides, I don't particularly enjoy vaccinations because of the needles; the tiny sting itself isn't bad, but it's sometimes followed by a much longer-lasting pain. :(

So, I will take my chances as well.

Top Bottom