Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me put it this way: Fallout 76 resulted from the very specific, "we want more of this and less of that" complaints about Fallout 4. It solved none of the problems, but instead made all of the existing problems worse by removing all of the good points people wanted kept.

So, I'm not really seeing how giving constructive criticism on what to do to video game developers in general is actually beneficial to gaming at this point in time.

Honestly, I think you will find that the majority of Fallout fans, did not ask or wanted anything like Fallout 76, this in my opinion is Bethesda trying something new and simply failing miserably. Fallout 76 could have been fine for some people, but I think if you ask most fans, what brings them to Fallout in the first place, its because they are interested in the story, the open world and exploration, quests etc. And some would probably say that being able to do this in cooperative mode could be fun. But Fallout 76, have nothing to do with Fallout if you ask me, its a poorly executed spin off set in an illusive world based on the Fallout universe.

This, ultimately, is currently unsolvable. The problem isn't that this exists; the problem is that this is what sells.

We know what does (likely, since not all games sell like the others) sell, but we don't know what would sell. We know there are games that tanked... although, I can't off hand recall any that tried to actually "revolutionize" things... but there's no clear image why they tanked. Was it because they used a perspective wrong, did they have boring and empty worlds and stories, did they have - ugh - bad graphics, did they have overall clumsy design, was it a combined effort of a lot of little things...? What was it? Can we pinpoint that it was specific gameplay convention that was, by all intents and purposes, done well but just wasn't accepted by anyone? Is any of that in any relation to what we are talking about here, a Cyberpunk RPG, and what the suggestions and wishes here have been?

There's a lot of questions, and I don't think it'll do if there's one or two examples of some odd products from years back that might not bare any similiarity to what's going on here.

If it's all about money and what's most likely to sell the most... then it's a lost cause and we can all just shut up and wait for what know already we will have when the release comes. Which is likely, mind you, but if CDPR really is reading the forums as much as Reddit, there is an off chance that someone that matters reads something that matters to them.

The next gameplay video or a more comprehensive batch of info, when ever that comes, will in all likelyhood be the one that sets the stage for good. And then it's time to make judgement calls. But until then... There's plenty to point towards in a way hopes and wishes.

If this is a problem that affect all or almost all AAA games regardless of perspective and genre, it can't be that difficult to take a game like Fallout 4 and give some examples of what you would like to see in such game, that would remove or reduce this staleness?

I've made countless of suggestions and arguments for examples on these forums (some of which are found from the link in my sig). But I can't point at any specific game and say "do it like this", because there - to my knowledge - isn't any to point at. I have used specific games as examples before, trying to clarify that the feature I'm pointing at is a broad strokes example and combined with examples of other games, but it never leads to anywhere, other than that specific game I used being lambasted because it is from the "land before time" and clumsy and ugly and awful (misunderstanding the point of the example completely), and me being called out for wanting a time machine and a world stuck in the late 90's. :p

Last edited:
Honestly, I think you will find that the majority of Fallout fans, did not ask or wanted anything like Fallout 76, this in my opinion is Bethesda trying something new and simply failing miserably. Fallout 76 could have been fine for some people, but I think if you ask most fans, what brings them to Fallout in the first place, its because they are interested in the story, the open world and exploration, quests etc. And some would probably say that being able to do this in cooperative mode could be fun. But Fallout 76, have nothing to do with Fallout if you ask me, its a poorly executed spin off set in an illusive world based on the Fallout universe.

Developers doing the exact opposite of what people ask for is my point in not seeing it as necessarily beneficial to give constructive criticism on what to do.

Constructive criticism is a two-way street; it involves not just the giving of critiques and advice, but the other side listening to and considering those critiques and advice. If there is no listening and considering involved, then constructive criticism becomes a waste of time.

CDPR isn't like the rest of the industry, but they're also not exactly innovators in game mechanics. Which is fine; they know how to take what is and make far better from it. So, I'm not thinking of them when citing the problem, but also not necessarily considering them as an avenue for the solution either.

We know what does (likely, since not all games sell like the others) sell, but we don't know what would sell. We know there are games that tanked... although, I can't off hand recall any that tried to actually "revolutionize" things... but there's no clear image why they tanked. Was it because they used a perspective wrong, did they have boring and empty worlds and stories, did they have - ugh - bad graphics, did they have overall clumsy design, was it a combined effort of a lot of little things...? What was it? Can we pinpoint that it was specific gameplay convention that was, by all intents and purposes, done well but just wasn't accepted by anyone? Is any of that in any relation to what we are talking about here, a Cyberpunk RPG, and what the suggestions and wishes here have been?

There's a lot of questions, and I don't think it'll do if there's one or two examples of some odd products from years back that might not bare any similiarity to what's going on here.

If it's all about money and what's most likely to sell the most... then it's a lost cause and we can all just shut up and wait for what know already we will have when the release comes. Which is likely, mind you, but if CDPR really is reading the forums as much as Reddit, there is an off chance that someone that matters reads something that matters to them.

The next gameplay video or a more comprehensive batch of info, when ever that comes, will in all likelyhood be the one that sets the stage for good. And then it's time to make judgement calls. But until then... There's plenty to point towards in a way hopes and wishes.

I think this hits on the other problem: Those games that tried to do differently did all tank, but none of them tanked for the same reason. A couple of them did poorly just due to poor marketing; there was nothing else wrong with them to affect sales to that degree. It stems from the fact the industry currently seems to be trapped in the past to a degree.

I mean, take a look at the RPG category; it's purely about how closely games match the game mechanics of JRPGs and cRPGs from the 1980s and 1990s, not about roleplaying. Because at the time those games were made, a lot of what is currently standard for video games was simply impossible. And yet, that standard has such of a stranglehold on the game category that games which are clearly RPGs, like Harvest Moon and Life is Strange, end up in the simulation or action-adventure categories instead of RPG category.

So, to a degree, the fact those games failed in the past when they'd probably do well today is, in what I see, holding the industry back from trying again. We have the benefit of years of technological advancement and increased development knowledge over the last attempt; why can't we do it again and just fix what went wrong last time?

Unfortunately, the market enables this. This ongoing stagnation of innovation is what sells. CDPR may not be out to have making money as their primary objective, but they also don't want CP2077 to do poorly and thus stick to a proven convention.

That's why I'm betting on the market changing before we see any true innovation. The standard model has to start doing poorly before companies start looking over ways to do it differently just to keep from going broke.

And, well, I could be wrong about CDPR, as you point out in saying that about the next gameplay video; maybe they decided to do true innovation and they're keeping quiet about it because they want to know if it'll work before they announce what they're doing. If that's the case, then kudos to them and I know what game will get a couple of bonus points in my review and an even-more glowing recommendation.

I've made countless of suggestions and arguments for examples on these forums (some of which are found from the link in my sig). But I can't point at any specific game and say "do it like this", because there - to my knowledge - isn't any to point at. I have used specific games as examples before, trying to clarify that the feature I'm pointing at is a broad strokes example and combined with examples of other games, but it never leads to anywhere, other than that specific game I used being lambasted because it is from the "land before time" and clumsy and ugly (misunderstanding the point of the example completely), and me being called out for wanting a time machine and a world stuck in the late 90's. :p

I've made countless of suggestions and arguments for examples on these forums (some of which are found from the link in my sig). But I can't point at any specific game and say "do it like this", because there - to my knowledge - isn't any to point at. I have used specific games as examples before, trying to clarify that the feature I'm pointing at is a broad strokes example and combined with examples of other games, but it never leads to anywhere, other than that specific game I used being lambasted because it is from the "land before time" and clumsy and ugly and awful (misunderstanding the point of the example completely), and me being called out for wanting a time machine and a world stuck in the late 90's. :p

It's fair enough, I just thought that there were a more "clear" explanation behind such view. :)

For me, in regards to a dream RPG, I would like to see the ambitions of games like Elder scrolls: Arena being taken on with the technology and knowledge of game design that is in the industry today. Instead of simplifying them they should add more depth to them. Maybe see a game like Cyberpunk and CDPR challenge Bethesda for the modding community, to see how such tools could allow the community to create their own content and changes to a game like Cyberpunk. Looking at what those modders have done for games like Skyrim and Fallout and see what they could do for other games, if tools for creating content were done by a company like CDPR or any other company for that matter, simply for the challenge in this area. So allowed content creators to expand on the experience and modify it, I think that would be very cool.

Reading through a lot of comments, its obvious that there is a lot of people here with good ideas of where and what they would like to see in Cyberpunk and if such things could be made through a creating tool, it could really improve pretty much any game if done correctly.

I have a few things:
  • Short Tutorial time, optional tutorial messages, full map 'access' - hand-holding sucks, I understand some people like/need it, that's why it being optional is fine. Getting tutorial messages when you're 240hrs (hyperbole) into the game is just infuriating, they should be easily turned off very early. Finally having only a section of the map available is fucking annoying, ramp up the difficulty in other areas to dissuade people from going there, don't put stupid walls and boundaries, particularly if not explained (or explained well) in the game's context.
  • not a shit-tonne of collectables - speaks for itself
  • I would love to see good stealth in an open world game - dishonoured (2) has the best stealth system that I've played in any game, intelligent and sensible A.I. that's somewhat predictable, but not entirely, and not completely erratic on the other end of the spectrum. Most open world games have pretty simple - duck behind an object, wait for a while, jump out and attack - stealth options, things like extra routes to move in, being able to distract enemies to separate them or creative ways to take out groups of enemies at once, having to hide bodies (maybe?) or just having other enemies discover them if left out etc. etc.
  • Eye-Augmentation linked to HUD - this I VERY much want in cyberpunk, to have your HUD completely tied to your eye-augmentations, certain eyes have different quirks and gauges i.e. health gauges could look massively varied, some being circles, some bars, some discrete chunks, some continuous, some showing you how much a healing object will heal you, some not etc. different damage-number displays, environmental analyses, seeing through walls or telescopically etc. in particular I'd like one that gets rid of HUD altogether.
  • a good, fair, crime and punishment system - outside of missions to be able to commit crime and possibly be punished for it fairly (particularly not with death or losing all of your money - commonly an issue for me in The Witcher 3) it would make sense for police/military-like personnel to have the technology to disable V without killing, potentially anti-police augmentations needed to avoid this. A fair system of warning before committing crime i.e. being able to rob a store but only being able to do so once net-running has been used to disable security systems, so that intention clearly has to be there, nothing like accidentally drawing a weapon in a store initiating a robbery. disabling some kind of internal anti-crime augmentation (as simple as a button prompt followed by an 'are you sure you want to do this' message) which may alert others to your potentially bad intentions, but then means you can attempt to rob and murder civilians and get away with it, even if incredibly difficult. Maybe in getting caught some kind of prison-system, where the crimes you commit actually affect the length needed to stay in prison (up to some reasonable limit - can be explained by high prison population?) and there are missions, characters, activities etc to do in prison for the time you must stay, maybe special augmentations can be bought in the prison's black market and also there are augmentations to make you better suited to prison, such as ones that allow V to hibernate for specific amounts of time to effectively skip prison time i.e. the low-level augmentation allows V to 'hibernate' for a week, after which you must wake up, eat, drink, bathe etc. and wait for the augmentation to 'recharge' until it can be done again, to skip weeks of your prison sentence, the higher-level, more expensive/rare augmentation allows V to hibernate indefinitely.

... I got carried away...

But I like collectibles. One of my favorite things in games is to build collections.

As long as we will get equipment/weapons (practical), clothes (custom stuff) and decoration items (housing stuff), I think it would be fun that collectibles could exist in "families" like : a set of items belong to this corp, another set belong to this gang, etc.

If these were limited to a few unique items per "family" (say one weapon + one suit + one decoration = one corp, one gang, one group or whatever) I don't think that would make a big addition of work, and would add some good challenges like collecting 100% of one set... More challenge if they were one unique item (in the whole game map) per "family". They would be guarded in the biggest places, like a unique samurai armor on its stand placed in the headquarters of an asian corpo.

What do you think ?

As long as we will get equipment/weapons (practical), clothes (custom stuff) and decoration items (housing stuff), I think it would be fun that collectibles could exist in "families" like : a set of items belong to this corp, another set belong to this gang, etc.

If these were limited to a few unique items per "family" (say one weapon + one suit + one decoration = one corp, one gang, one group or whatever) I don't think that would make a big addition of work, and would add some good challenges like collecting 100% of one set... More challenge if they were one unique item (in the whole game map) per "family". They would be guarded in the biggest places, like a unique samurai armor on its stand placed in the headquarters of an asian corpo.

What do you think ?

I also want to collect body parts of important people who ticked me off in-game. I did something similar in Skyrim, where I would use soul trap to collect the souls of my enemies.

I have a few things:
  • Short Tutorial time, optional tutorial messages, full map 'access' - hand-holding sucks, I understand some people like/need it, that's why it being optional is fine. Getting tutorial messages when you're 240hrs (hyperbole) into the game is just infuriating, they should be easily turned off very early. Finally having only a section of the map available is fucking annoying, ramp up the difficulty in other areas to dissuade people from going there, don't put stupid walls and boundaries, particularly if not explained (or explained well) in the game's context.
  • not a shit-tonne of collectables - speaks for itself
  • I would love to see good stealth in an open world game - dishonoured (2) has the best stealth system that I've played in any game, intelligent and sensible A.I. that's somewhat predictable, but not entirely, and not completely erratic on the other end of the spectrum. Most open world games have pretty simple - duck behind an object, wait for a while, jump out and attack - stealth options, things like extra routes to move in, being able to distract enemies to separate them or creative ways to take out groups of enemies at once, having to hide bodies (maybe?) or just having other enemies discover them if left out etc. etc.
  • Eye-Augmentation linked to HUD - this I VERY much want in cyberpunk, to have your HUD completely tied to your eye-augmentations, certain eyes have different quirks and gauges i.e. health gauges could look massively varied, some being circles, some bars, some discrete chunks, some continuous, some showing you how much a healing object will heal you, some not etc. different damage-number displays, environmental analyses, seeing through walls or telescopically etc. in particular I'd like one that gets rid of HUD altogether.
  • a good, fair, crime and punishment system - outside of missions to be able to commit crime and possibly be punished for it fairly (particularly not with death or losing all of your money - commonly an issue for me in The Witcher 3) it would make sense for police/military-like personnel to have the technology to disable V without killing, potentially anti-police augmentations needed to avoid this. A fair system of warning before committing crime i.e. being able to rob a store but only being able to do so once net-running has been used to disable security systems, so that intention clearly has to be there, nothing like accidentally drawing a weapon in a store initiating a robbery. disabling some kind of internal anti-crime augmentation (as simple as a button prompt followed by an 'are you sure you want to do this' message) which may alert others to your potentially bad intentions, but then means you can attempt to rob and murder civilians and get away with it, even if incredibly difficult. Maybe in getting caught some kind of prison-system, where the crimes you commit actually affect the length needed to stay in prison (up to some reasonable limit - can be explained by high prison population?) and there are missions, characters, activities etc to do in prison for the time you must stay, maybe special augmentations can be bought in the prison's black market and also there are augmentations to make you better suited to prison, such as ones that allow V to hibernate for specific amounts of time to effectively skip prison time i.e. the low-level augmentation allows V to 'hibernate' for a week, after which you must wake up, eat, drink, bathe etc. and wait for the augmentation to 'recharge' until it can be done again, to skip weeks of your prison sentence, the higher-level, more expensive/rare augmentation allows V to hibernate indefinitely.

... I got carried away...

A prison system as you suggest would be quite cool and in general I would like to see open world RPGs try to take a more realistic approach to a lot of things. And a system such as in Assassins creed Odyssey, where you have high level mercenaries hunting you when you do to much crap would work well, so if they catch you, you could either try to bribe them, fight them or surrender etc. Think it would work well with a prison system and also with all the corruption and stuff going on in Cyberpunk, that there would be bounty hunters looking for some quick cash.

Another thing, which I think could work in regards to the eye augmentations, would be to get your eyes damage, through explosions, hit in melee or something, that it would be visual visible to the player, maybe small glitches, certain abilities not working, making it more difficult to aim and so forth.

In regards to AI and predictability, I would prefer them to be as unpredictable as possible. Playing through Assassins creed Odyssey at the moment, and to give you an example if you haven't tried it. You have these forts in the game with enemies patrolling them, however as you play, you quickly notice that certain spots are places where they will go and stand guard. Which mean that you can pretty much kill off the whole fort simply waiting at the given spot and kill them as they take turn going there. Had the AI been unpredictable such thing would be a lot more interesting.

What do you think ?

I hate set items in the form that they are being popular used in todays RPGs, because for the most part these items "forces" the player to use certain items or to deliberately choose to nerf themselves by not doing it, which to me take away a lot of freedom and excitement of finding and picking up loot in a game. Again its helps to simplify the item system, rather than expanding on it. Because in most games you have a color system Grey, Green, Blue, Orange etc. and as player you quickly buy into this, knowing that all items of specific color regardless of what they do are useless. I would rather have it, so fewer Items dropped with varies base benefits and stats added to them, that forced the player to compare them to see which of them would fit into their build and play style etc. You could make it so that any item had a chance of having an augmentation already applied to it, which could be removed by paying someone to do it and then applied to an item of your own choice.

To me a game where this really shines as being one of the biggest design flaws in my opinion is Diablo 3, it is so forcefully applied on your character, that it sucks all the fun out of the game, and not only does it force you to use these items, it also decide how your character should be played in terms of abilities. Diablo 3 to me is as close to a "clicker hero" game as an action RPG can be. And a feature or trend that to me seems to really flourish after World of Warcraft, which in the end caused me to stop playing it, there were no excitement in doing anything, all players (end game) used the same items and looked the same, the endless grind outside instances, where you knew that you would never find anything useful, simply made me stop playing, the game were so designed by Blizzard, that players had no real choice in how they would like to play their character. And unfortunately they applied this to a game like Diablo 3, where the driving element is to collect loot and have fun with your character.

That is why I see no reason to add set items to single player games, unless this is done in a way that they don't force the player to use certain gear.

I think Path of Exile is a good example of a game that have done the most interesting item/ability system for an action RPG, that I have tried at least. because abilities are linked to gems which to put into your gear and based on how you link these together the abilities gets varies benefit, which means that even people playing as the same class can be completely different in terms of abilities and play style. Which means that some of the most valued items are those which have the most sockets in them and this can be items of any color. And using varies orbs that you collect throughout the game on these grey items allow you to upgrade them into unique items with random stats etc.

Last edited:
I hate set items in the form that they are being popular used in todays RPGs, because for the most part these items "forces" the player to use certain items or to deliberately choose to nerf themselves by not doing it, which to me take away a lot of freedom and excitement of finding and picking up loot in a game. Again its helps to simplify the item system, rather than expanding on it. Because in most games you have a color system Grey, Green, Blue, Orange etc. and as player you quickly buy into this, knowing that all items of specific color regardless of what they do are useless. I would rather have it, so fewer Items dropped with varies base benefits and stats added to them, that forced the player to compare them to see which of them would fit into their build and play style etc. You could make it so that any item had a chance of having an augmentation already applied to it, which could be removed by paying someone to do it and then applied to an item of your own choice.
Sure thing, I intentionally didn't mention the gameplay aspect of this, as i don't know yet how it'll be in CP77. I think too that many (too many) games only try to force gameplay through equipment, instead of just consider them as they are already. I nerfed myself in The Witcher 3 : I just didn't want to wear some witcher equipments because I didn't like their look (true story : I stopped upgrading the Cat armor after seeing the changes). Or can we mention when you have two identical armors, but one is crap while the other is top (and both look like crap anyways) ? That seem to make no sense, lol (and it doesn't).

So I still believe we can get set of items (different from a set of equipment in its gameplay aspect + it includes every item : combat gears, custom items, housing, etc) ; you can put any variables and triggers in those to make the gameplay fun, but the aspect and name would tell that they're from the same item "family". It's like you can choose from two manufacturers, they both have clothes but the design is different :)

Sure thing, I intentionally didn't mention the gameplay aspect of this, as i don't know yet how it'll be in CP77. I think too that many (too many) games only try to force gameplay through equipment, instead of just consider them as they are already. I nerfed myself in The Witcher 3 : I just didn't want to wear some witcher equipments because I didn't like their look (true story : I stopped upgrading the Cat armor after seeing the changes). Or can we mention when you have two identical armors, but one is crap while the other is top (and both look like crap anyways) ? That seem to make no sense, lol (and it doesn't).

So I still believe we can get set of items (different from a set of equipment in its gameplay aspect + it includes every item : combat gears, custom items, housing, etc) ; you can put any variables and triggers in those to make the gameplay fun, but the aspect and name would tell that they're from the same item "family". It's like you can choose from two manufacturers, they both have clothes but the design is different :)

I don't think you nerfing yourself in the Witcher due to the look is unique, I did it as well :D

But I think one of the issues with set items is that its expected in pretty much all RPGs and the concept of how these works are so integrated into game concept, that almost regardless of game that implement such system, its always follows a pattern that you need X numbers of items, that being a weapon, a chest armor, boots etc. to complete the set. Once completed or partially completed you get a buff. Which means that the only competition to set items are other set items. And I truely think that is one of the Witcher biggest flaws. You had all these other weapons, like axes and so on. which were completely useless as the only thing that made sense to use were swords, if I remember correct. Now if that is the case, why bother making all the other weapons?

And regardless of how you twist and turn it, a lot of enjoyment with RPG games, some more than others obviously, is to collect gear. So when RPGs take a path of simplifying this in their game, its in direct contrast to what they should do.

Imagine how this set item concept could be expanded on or redesigned, by using some of the ideas from a game like Path of exile and apply it to a game like Cyberpunk. Remove the stupid color system and instead each item or some of them have augmentations slot, so lets say a player find a pistol with 2 augmentations slots. Which they really like, so decide to buy an armor penetration upgrade which allow the bullets to penetrate light armor or something and install it in the gun. This armor penetration upgrade could be modified even further, by applying a high velocity upgrade as well. That when used together with the armor penetration upgrade, would allow the bullets to penetrate heavy armor and maybe even certain types of walls, but if the high velocity is used alone, it might simply improve the damage slightly. So each upgrade have a basic functionality like adding extra damage, attack speed, magazine size, reload speed etc. But when used and combined together with each others unlock special abilities as you would see in set items. But wouldn't force players to use specific gear for certain bonuses.

Some items would still be better than others, like a pistol unable to shoot as fast as an automatic rifle or do as much damage. But might be more precise or whatever.

But I think such system would make it a lot more interesting to find loot and could be expanded by adding different upgrades and abilities when combined. You could even add disabilities to certain combinations, like adding a rapid fire with a high velocity upgrade could cause the weapon to overheat and jam if not being careful. I just think it would open up for so many interesting possibilities, than simply saying because you wear 5 pieces of cloth called "Fire bird" you get a bonus, its not very interesting or engaging loot system.

Last edited:
I don't think you nerfing yourself in the Witcher due to the look is unique, I did it as well :D

But I think one of the issues with set items is that its expected in pretty much all RPGs and the concept of how these works are so integrated into game concept, that almost regardless of game that implement such system, its always follows a pattern that you need X numbers of items, that being a weapon, a chest armor, boots etc. to complete the set. Once completed or partially completed you get a buff. Which means that the only competition to set items are other set items. And I truely think that is one of the Witcher biggest flaws. You had all these other weapons, like axes and so on. which were completely useless as the only thing that made sense to use were swords, if I remember correct. Now if that is the case, why bother making all the other weapons?

And regardless of how you twist and turn it, a lot of enjoyment with RPG games, some more than others obviously, is to collect gear. So when RPGs take a path of simplifying this in their game, its in direct contrast to what they should do.

Imagine how this set item concept could be expanded on or redesigned, by using some of the ideas from a game like Path of exile and apply it to a game like Cyberpunk. Remove the stupid color system and instead each item or some of them have augmentations slot, so lets say a player find a pistol with 2 augmentations slots. Which they really like, so decide to buy an armor penetration upgrade which allow the bullets to penetrate light armor or something and install it in the gun. This armor penetration upgrade could be modified even further, by applying a high velocity upgrade as well. That when used together with the armor penetration upgrade, would allow the bullets to penetrate heavy armor and maybe even certain types of walls, but if the high velocity is used alone, it might simply improve the damage slightly. So each upgrade have a basic functionality like adding extra damage, attack speed, magazine size, reload speed etc. But when used and combined together with each others unlock special abilities as you would see in set items. But wouldn't force players to use specific gear for certain bonuses.

Some items would still be better than others, like a pistol unable to shoot as fast as an automatic rifle or do as much damage. But might be more precise or whatever.

But I think such system would make it a lot more interesting to find loot and could be expanded by adding different upgrades and abilities when combined. You could even add disabilities to certain combinations, like adding a rapid fire with a high velocity upgrade could cause the weapon to overheat and jam if not being careful. I just think it would open up for so many interesting possibilities, than simply saying because you wear 5 pieces of cloth called "Fire bird" you get a bonus, its not very interesting or engaging loot system.
Perhaps I misread the comment, but yes I did try other outfits/armors and I rarely put another armor apart from the Skellig outfit and Cat armor (only in case of tougher ennemies), and this is mostly due to their look ^^

But anyway, I like what you said about the equipment system, it makes sense and I remember another user wished that there were just a close difference on early to endgame stats. Giving slots to them fulfills both custom fun and gameplay deeds.

Perhaps I misread the comment, but yes I did try other outfits/armors and I rarely put another armor apart from the Skellig outfit and Cat armor (only in case of tougher ennemies), and this is mostly due to their look ^^

But anyway, I like what you said about the equipment system, it makes sense and I remember another user wished that there were just a close difference on early to endgame stats. Giving slots to them fulfills both custom fun and gameplay deeds.

I don't think you misread my comment in regards to gear and the look. I think it comes down to being able to relate to the character you play and if you can't do that, you will rather nerf yourself. A good example is this guy, I believe he is the first trader you meet in the game.

Tw3_bram.png

Now imagine that you as Geralt had hair like this while trying to go around being a badass Witcher killing all sorts of monsters. I personally think I would have stopped playing if that were the case, as I wouldn't have been able to relate to him looking like that and to me its the same with outfits.

A dream RPG would be one that doesnt become repetitive. One that you can play months and months and keep seeing new content without the need of restarting a new save.

If you can make mission generators that dont bore us to death by the fourth-fifth usage (Bring me x10 of this, etc), you will have your dream RPG.

I think the game shouldn't use any type of RNG or percentage chance, or at least keep to the minimum. The main reason for that is the game turns into save-load-save-load routine, like the classic games Fallout and Baldur's Gate. I want to know exactly what I do and what the outcome of that action will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom