And GWENT is uninstalled... sadly

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
HC is so much better than old gwent was.
Yes, it has it's flaws, but overall it's so cool! Almost every single aspect is so much better than it was before.
You're complaining about tutors. You have enough of it now. It costs alot, but if you want consistency, you need to sacrifice power.
10 cards max and 3 every round is an epic idea. Gives the flexibility and at the same time, doesn't let you to drypass, unless you have best hand.
You are complaining about Sihil? It can be countered by artifact removal.
Different amount of mulligans is great, provisions is awesome.
The only big con I can find in HC is the smaller numbers when it comes to card's strength.

Old gwent was really average game - even thought I spent few hundreds of hours on it.
New gwent is great. And it will be even better after patches.
Good one, I laughed^^

I really wan to say goodbye here and somehow express my thoughts.

I have been with GWENT from server test, even from first hours of closed beta. I played 600 hours of Gwent, I spent 200€ on ingame items, I spent so much time on Youtube and Twitch watching streamers, great people like swim, MegaMogwai, crokeyz, Merchant, and more - and Iam sincerly sorry I cant name you all, but you all are great.

Bye.
You should never spend money in games like this. People that do, make the game what it is now (in respect to ppl having OP decks due to paying money to get better cards) and not enjoyable for those of us who simply refuse to spend real money for pixels. I'm not disrespecting you as a person, but you have to realise why paying real money in games is a trend we should be avoiding, not embracing

As for the game, it's far better than it was during beta. More polished, far more balanced and far more enjoyable. Even though I haven't spent any money, correction, I did buy the starter pack, but other than that nothing, anyway I can still win games just by wit alone, although I do get overpowered by pay to win decks frequently (again something that has been embraced due to people like yourself showing the devs you're willing to spend ridiculous amounts of money for in-game items). But again, it's your choice, but alas most games are going in this direction and one day we won't be able to do anything without paying to play, and I don't mean buy a game, I mean like pay to have a save file (something that's already been done). In future please avoid doing that. Though I fear that this falls on deaf ears as generally those with money to spare on micro transactions have more money than sense.

The simple fact is you don't like change, and most of us don't. But if you actually gave it a fair go, which I'm sure you didn't based on your post, you would see that the entire game is a better version than its predecessor

Last edited:
Take that away and then there is no more reason to play Gwent over something like Magic or Hearthstone, it simply is a worse game in almost every aspect
Well, thats not true. It had much more potenial for variance and depth, because of Gold/Silver/Bronzelimitation, many rows, a totally different victory condition than all other card games (no HP) und much more differnces in the details. So mono-focusing at one point ist the wrong way i think.
And thats excatly why Homecimg was teh disaster it was. If only one change had occured, ppeople would be angry, but maybe would have accepted it. But with 10+ changes everybody can find something he dont like, mostly more than one thing.

Last edited:
[...] although I do get overpowered by pay to win decks [...]

Money doesn't equal skill and decks are pretty cheap to make to begin with, especially because of the full scrap refund at the start of Homecoming. The point is, your argument isn't about pay to win, but rather about netdecks.

The simple fact is you don't like change, and most of us don't. But if you actually gave it a fair go, which I'm sure you didn't based on your post, you would see that the entire game is a better version than its predecessor.

I've always find this type of argument amusing. It always reminds me when I started going out at night with my group of friends, peer-pressuring me to try and like alcohol and tobacco. I tried once, didn't liked. Tried twice, kept disliking. Tried trice, same. What is the point of keep trying to like something that you dont like? Forcing until you like it?

We've seen that excuse being toss around everything Google or Facebook changes things. "It is WAY better now, ppl are always afraid of changes" and so on. Like all these changes are actually for the best. Most of the times, such in these cases, people just swallow it and endure it because they have no other choice. Eventually some add-in or mod fixes things back. In the case of "Gwent" people just left because we do have a choice: not playing and voicing our opinion towards what they've done with the game.

I've always find this type of argument amusing. It always reminds me when I started going out at night with my group of friends, peer-pressuring me to try and like alcohol and tobacco. I tried once, didn't liked. Tried twice, kept disliking. Tried trice, same. What is the point of keep trying to like something that you dont like? Forcing until you like it?
Oh dear, now you made me remember all the Vodka...

You should never spend money in games like this. People that do, make the game what it is now (in respect to ppl having OP decks due to paying money to get better cards) and not enjoyable for those of us who simply refuse to spend real money for pixels. I'm not disrespecting you as a person, but you have to realise why paying real money in games is a trend we should be avoiding, not embracing

As for the game, it's far better than it was during beta. More polished, far more balanced and far more enjoyable. Even though I haven't spent any money, correction, I did buy the starter pack, but other than that nothing, anyway I can still win games just by wit alone, although I do get overpowered by pay to win decks frequently (again something that has been embraced due to people like yourself showing the devs you're willing to spend ridiculous amounts of money for in-game items). But again, it's your choice, but alas most games are going in this direction and one day we won't be able to do anything without paying to play, and I don't mean buy a game, I mean like pay to have a save file (something that's already been done). In future please avoid doing that. Though I fear that this falls on deaf ears as generally those with money to spare on micro transactions have more money than sense.

The simple fact is you don't like change, and most of us don't. But if you actually gave it a fair go, which I'm sure you didn't based on your post, you would see that the entire game is a better version than its predecessor
lul, how is this abomination better, all arhetypes were removed, silvers removed, trios removed, provisions i think are very stupid and useless
yeah cdpr says poet is now high cost but it would been more easy just to nerf it by 1point in beta :mad:
more.... weather is trash, 8points low tempo, jesus..... i better play spears....

lul, how is this abomination better, all arhetypes were removed, silvers removed, trios removed, provisions i think are very stupid and useless
yeah cdpr says poet is now high cost but it would been more easy just to nerf it by 1point in beta :mad:
more.... weather is trash, 8points low tempo, jesus..... i better play spears....

Well.. I could tell you why I think it's better but it's obvious you prefer the old one, so I'd be talking to a wall right? People dislike change. That is all.

We've seen that excuse being toss around everything Google or Facebook changes things. "It is WAY better now, ppl are always afraid of changes" and so on. Like all these changes are actually for the best. Most of the times, such in these cases, people just swallow it and endure it because they have no other choice. Eventually some add-in or mod fixes things back. In the case of "Gwent" people just left because we do have a choice: not playing and voicing our opinion towards what they've done with the game.

People dislike different things, you like Lady Ga Ga, I say she's shit and I love Joe Satriani. If I tried to explain to you why, would you understand? No, you'd be too passionate and get all sensitive about it and upset.

If you don't like it that's fine. But no one is forcing you to play it. I wouldn't force it either if I didn't like it. For me it was the opposite. I disliked the old version after too many things were changed. Now I come back to the game, it's fresh and less overly convoluted and more enjoyable.

Money doesn't equal skill and decks are pretty cheap to make to begin with, especially because of the full scrap refund at the start of Homecoming. The point is, your argument isn't about pay to win, but rather about netdecks.
No, they're not actually. Yes netdecking is a problem, but so is paying to have a card advantage. It's not very easy to earn kegs etc now, compared to in the beta. Not everyone has 12 hours a day to dedicate to playing the game if they don't want to spend money. So yes, it's netdecking AND P2W.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well.. I could tell you why I think it's better but it's obvious you prefer the old one, so I'd be talking to a wall right? People dislike change. That is all.

What an intellectually vapid point. Stop using fallacious argumentation, like circular logic to substantiate your claims. This is very dishonest as it is a complete and utter miss-characterization of opposing positions.

People dislike changes because they are changes is not even vaguely appropriate for a forum discussion thread.

Saying people dislike x because of x is not inherently a point within of itself; nor is it an explanation of anything. If you want such a position to hold, you need to offer reasoning or examples for the why people dislike x - as in their needs to be an explanation of why people dislike x. This also helps people understand why people choose to have different positions and the logic they have behind these varied beliefs.

Last edited by a moderator:
A few posts have been edited or deleted. The thread is veering into a personal skirmish. So, time for a reminder to always treat others with kindness and respect, meaning do not insult others and try not to easily take offense.

Just for the record, I do not play hc76, aka tb multiplayer, and I am not sad. I am regularly pissed off with taking Gwent away from me. In addition, after the longtime time of hesitations, I bought TB five days ago and it does not work correctly on my gtx 1060. In every reinstall, I get a black screen intro or problems with starting up. I have sent them dxdiag and msinfo, and I am waiting. How much ignoring the player by cdprojekt can be tolerated?

I bought TB five days ago and it does not work correctly on my gtx 1060. In every reinstall, I get a black screen intro or problems with starting up. I have sent them dxdiag and msinfo, and I am waiting. How much ignoring the player by cdprojekt can be tolerated?

I can see how that‘s annoying. Unfortunately during release weeks support is usually working on quite a lot reports and if may take sometime or require sending the report again to make sure.

In the meantime check out this thread: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...screen-after-initial-loading-screen.10987499/

Perhaps some of the workarounds here help.

... hc76...
Pops me every time.

It's really a shame what gwent has become. So many changes of HC were completely unecessary.

The hand limit is such a terrible idea. Choosing the right time to pass has always been one of gwent's most important skills. Now passing is completely useless for several turns. Every turn in old gwent felt important; this isn't the case anymore. The tactical advantage would have been enough to reduce the number of drypasses. If the first player drypasses, the second one gets the tactical advantage in round two.

They wanted to make rows more important and adding prefered rows for some cards + the new range concept are actually pretty good ideas, but the whole implementation feels rather half-assed. In my opinion the number of cards with prefered rows is just too low, but this shouldn't be too hard to fix. The range concept on the other hand is just way too simple in its current form. They need cards, which can manipulate the range of cards. Like unit x: "adjacent units have +1 range and their inital damage is increased by 1". (Speaking of adjacent: You could just remove positioning and it wouldn't make any difference, because there are sooooo few cards with positioning related effects right now.) 2 rows in general limit your options so much. It drives me crazy that they removed a row for bigger cards (f u reddit). Playing around Igni or weather (if anyone would play it), movement effects and basically any other row related effect used to be more interesting on 3 rows. If there were still 3 rows, I'd like to have engine cards which for example have their prefered row on ranged and range of 2, so my opponent can hide some of his units on the siege row, because I can't target them except if I increase the range if my unit. They really wasted a lot of potential there.....

Speaking of range manipulation and wasted potential, weather is another mechanic, which feels like they could have done much more to make it more interesting. It has been suggested several times to add some side effects to weather. Sth. like fog: decrease range by 1; frost: increase all timers by one (or in HC: orders need an extra turn to be triggered), rain: ....

While I think the concept of orders has some potential, there is also a couple of things, which I don't like:
- it slows the game down so much (esspecially because you have to end your turn manually)
- in old gwent you always had one turn to react to your opponent. Now it's a little bit different. I can line up units using multiple order effects and then scorch it the same turn. Not a fan of this.....the game feels less interactive this way.
I think just adding more cards, which have timer based effects, would have been wiser.

Old gwent felt more like a strategy game than a card game and I've loved that. One of the biggest factors is the limited number of redraws. I knew what cards I had in hand and could think ahead this way. Card draws really ruin me games like MTG, where they have such major impact on the result of the game and I have to spend so much time hoping to draw the right card instead of thinking what my next play will be. Too cut a long story short, you redraw too many cards in HC for my liking. The old system was much better..... In general consistency is too low right now. Only 2 bronze copies, mulligan without blacklisting (or the new mulligan system in general) and yes, even too few tutors (note: in my opinion tutors should all have some sort of condition to be fullfilled and the number of tutors in the game shouldn't be as high as it was after midwinter).

In my opinion the most important sentence of the HC letter was this one:
"We want GWENT to remain a deep game, where each faction has its identity and offers distinctive gameplay archetypes."

Reading this and looking at the actual game I feel cheated. There are all these distinctive gameplay archetypes? Has there ever been less faction identity in gwent than there is right now?
Provisions are a nice system to balance cards, but I want the highly synergistic game build around archetypes back. I don't want to be limited by provisions. I want to build around synergy not cost efficiency.

They also said they want to bring back the witcher. You know what's one of the most important aspects of this? Thematic decks. Cerys used to have synergy with Queensgard, Wild Hunt units had synergy with other Wild Hunt units and frost and so forth. This is all gone.....

Btw, I want to have a nice wooden board, which adds some tavern feeling to the game. Having 3D leaders and a 3D battlefield makes sense for TB, but not for gwent. HC dissappoints me on so many levels......

And finally: What do artifacts add to the game? They are just binary and annoying.

I didn't let gwent down, gwent let me down :cry:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom