Summoned Units do not Trigger Their Deploy Ability (e.g. Vilgefortz)

+
You're welcome, and no worries.

Although I'm not certain, I think Caranthir might be useful for creating an additional unit to be consumed from the graveyard later.
His ability is pretty great. If you combine it with Eredin's leader ability (adds 3 points and immune) you can have extremely OP combo.

His ability is pretty great. If you combine it with Eredin's leader ability (adds 3 points and immune) you can have extremely OP combo.
Glad you like it -- have fun!

(Personally, I never play Monsters. I'll just stick with my poor, struggling Dwarves.)

What's the deal with Caranthir? Why can he only spawn a useless copy of a card? I had this grand idea of playing Glustyworp twice, but all he does is spawn it and nothing then happens? Same as the stupid situation with Tibor, whereby a card is summoned but its' power is nerfed.

GJ, CDPR!

Caranthir is really great card with huge potential together with Eredin as leader. (It happens that first homecoming match I watched was with him and I saw he can't trigger deploy effect. I just wanted to confirm was it bug or does it work that way)

Monster faction now has 10 deathwish units. How about copy Ge´els giving it immune with Eredin combine it with real Ge´els and each time you play deathwish you can trigger deathwish effect 2 times per turn.

Use this combo with Imlerith sabbath and each turn you will be able to deal 4 damage.

Use it with Ciri dash and you get 2 extra cards.

A long story short, pre-HC, a summoned card was also played, and if a card was summoned for the opponent, the opponent actually drew a card to hand (to be played later). This was a very interesting mechanic as it allowed for full use of summoned cards. That's gone now and this makes Summon less exciting or even annoying when "Summon" needs to balance another card's strength (Vilgefortz, Tibor), but doesn't.

Vilgerfortz can be a great ally vs deploy decks or if you have an order card in the top of your deck, how many times Vilgerfortz has saved me of Geralt igni/forktail is not a card you can play without thought but yeah should be explained that summon doest trigger deploy abilities

DRK3

Forum veteran
Caranthir is insanely good, and not just paired with Eredin to make a valuable unit stay alive.

You can also use it on units you dont mind getting killed at 1pt: like Phoenix (one of my favourite tactics), harpy egg, or a big unit that you can restore to default power (or use mirror for max value). If the opponent killed it before you could reset? No problem, just use a ghoul.

I believe every missing action/disabled ability makes it less exciting or even unbalanced. For that reason, I find Usurper boring, just as Summon without Deploy.

Question about Golyat deathwish: Your opponent summons the lowest unit from their deck on the opposite row.
First, could someone explain to me if this deathwish should be seen as counterbalance/reward for consuming or killing big daddy Golyat? If yes, Deploy not triggering with Summon is a very crappy deal. I just got my Dudu summoned after killing my opponent's Golyat. Thanks very much!

I believe every missing action/disabled ability makes it less exciting or even unbalanced. For that reason, I find Usurper boring, just as Summon without Deploy.

Question about Golyat deathwish: Your opponent summons the lowest unit from their deck on the opposite row.
First, could someone explain to me if this deathwish should be seen as counterbalance/reward for consuming or killing big daddy Golyat? If yes, Deploy not triggering with Summon is a very crappy deal. I just got my Dudu summoned after killing my opponent's Golyat. Thanks very much!
yes , funny that most people that have golyat don't play it and just have it for Weavess or straight to the graveyard

Summon is not considered played and as such doesn't trigger the deploy ability of the summoned unit.

This is game breaking. I really disagree with most cards having this ability. Tibor is one clear example of this. Bad design.
Post automatically merged:

Guys, I hope to don't sound rude, but it's literally written in the description of the effect:
"Deploy: the ability is activated when the card is put in play"
"Summon: [...] (it's not a synonim of "put in play")"

Sorry for the poor translation of the keywords

I don't see any reason a player would know this to be the case. How does the player know what summon means exactly?

I've noticed some recent bugs.
1) When i transformed a Botchling his ability stopped its work and even if i transformed it again nothing changed. BTW, it happened to me just twice for the whole time i've been playing gwent but both of issues have happened for the last month.
2) Also sometimes Barnaba buffs only one unit instead of three as it has to be (i mean the situation where all the classes what have to be on the board are there). I just clicked, for example, on dwarf and Barnaba gave his buff immediately, without any chanse to buff an elf or a dryad.

Can't post in the other rooms. Why when you're invoking card (with placement ability) using the another card (e.g "Portal" or "Vilgefortz") its ability doesn't work?
for example when your opponent uses Vilgefortz - Tibor Eggebracht he gets 4+13=17 DISHONEST points! Is it OK?

What you are seeing here is that Tibor and Vilgefortz Summon cards to the board. When cards are summoned, their Deploy abilities do not trigger. While this may be annoying, it is technically how Summon works.

Top Bottom