Usurper is broken with 2 mulligans

+
No its fair for usurper to have at least 1 mulligan. Usurper doesn't remove mulligans from leader just his ability so it would be unfair for usurper to doesn't have any mulligan.

No its fair for usurper to have at least 1 mulligan. Usurper doesn't remove mulligans from leader just his ability so it would be unfair for usurper to doesn't have any mulligan.
No, Usurper is a braindead broken card just like the Letho of Gulet and Viper Witchers with their deploy ability. Everyone and their mother moaned about these two cards in Open PTR but did they change it? No!
If you're too lazy to think about new abilities just slap Order on their ability so people at lest could counter these [nope] cards.

I agree that Usurper is a lazy card that should not exist in the game. Synergy is what makes CCG's fun.

No, Usurper is a braindead broken card just like the Letho of Gulet and Viper Witchers with their deploy ability. Everyone and their mother moaned about these two cards in Open PTR but did they change it? No!
If you're too lazy to think about new abilities just slap Order on their ability so people at lest could counter these [nope] cards.
Just because you are getting wrecked by those cards and you can't counter them, doesn't mean they are bad. Their effects are unique and good for game .

Not every card should be boost this , damage that.

Usurper breaks leader combos, while building around having no leader combos himself. He should have 0 mulligans as a downside,

If he so OP why don't you play him, play him and you will see, he is not that easy to play.
According to Team Aretuza and Team Nova Usurper is a tier 3 deck, since when tier 3 deck considered broken.
According to Team Rankstar, Usurper not even on the list.

Usurper is never a leader Gwent deserved, but In this leader abuse era Usurper is exactly the leader Gwent need the most.
Oh one more thing, when Usurper send out Letho of Gulet on round 1 - which removed 3+ mulligan then followed by 2 Viper Witchers - which happened to removed 2 of your opponent's win condition cards, the world is just perfect in every way.

2ogqqc.jpg

Last edited:
In gwent beta cdpr excluded such type of leader because it would be antifun, but in HC they went full reverse. :mad:

Ps. Vs old mill you could at least play your cards, now they remove them from your deck, wtf...

Usurper breaks leader combos, while building around having no leader combos himself. He should have 0 mulligans as a downside,

I'd argue Usurper would be fine with more mulligans, provided he had a different ability. He should have a different ability. In a game where leaders are specifically given abilities and it's intended to use said abilities blocking their usage doesn't belong. Granted, leader abilities are questionable in a number of areas IMO.

Both of those are outdated. Unless I'm missing something....

I have been playing a Usurper deck since Homecoming release, and he really is not too strong even with two mulligans. Something like big monsters easily wreck him, for example.

Try playing with Usurper yourself, and you will see he is not OP. Except probably if you run into something that absolutely HAS to have its leader available to function.

Just because you are getting wrecked by those cards and you can't counter them, doesn't mean they are bad. Their effects are unique and good for game .

Not every card should be boost this , damage that.

Wait, you think viper witchers are good for the game? Cards that can reach into your deck and remove potentially your best gold cards? Through RNG?

I'm at a loss for how cards like that are good for the game.

Oh one more thing, when Usurper send out Letho of Gulet on round 1 - which removed 3+ mulligan then followed by 2 Viper Witchers - which happened to removed 2 of your opponent's win condition cards, the world is just perfect in every way.

I hope you're being sarcastic. With "the world", you clearly mean your own personal world. This is game- and fun-breaking. Your opponent will most probably forfeit during R1 and there will be no interesting and intelligent battle. There is nothing to like about this and it is not good for Gwent at all.

Wait, you think viper witchers are good for the game? Cards that can reach into your deck and remove potentially your best gold cards? Through RNG?

I'm at a loss for how cards like that are good for the game.
1. viper witchers are not neutral but Nilfgard cards so only those decks can use them.
2. new Gwent now has only 2 bronze cards so there is chance opponent won't even have opportunity to play them.
3. they reveal random card so there is big chance they won't banish gold.
4. You can completely counter them with pitfall trap.

Don't run a deck that absolutely relies on each of its tools and you're OK against Usurper. When you see him make sure to use all your mulligans in R1 and thin your deck from possible bricks early.

If you can't win without your broken Eithné - Shirru combo you need to imrove your deck. And I assume you do because otherwise you wouldn't be here complaining about a leader that really isn't problematic at all. I can see why some people don't like him and call him antifun but I have to disagree.

He's actually neccessary to "nerf" leaders that become too powerful.

1. viper witchers are not neutral but Nilfgard cards so only those decks can use them.
2. new Gwent now has only 2 bronze cards so there is chance opponent won't even have opportunity to play them.
3. they reveal random card so there is big chance they won't banish gold.
4. You can completely counter them with pitfall trap.

I never said they weren't neutral. What difference does that make? That arguably makes it worse. A broken RNG card that only one faction can use?

That doesn't really make a difference either. Any card has a chance of not being played. That doesn't change the balancing or answer the question if it's good design.

Yeah. It's RNG like I said. That doesn't make the card any better. Do you think Gascon is a well designed card as well?

Use an artifact when people are teching against them? Not exactly a great counter.

Try playing with Usurper yourself, and you will see he is not OP. Except probably if you run into something that absolutely HAS to have its leader available to function.

He's not a very good leader. That is besides the point. Leaders were given abilities. Players expect to be able to use their leader. They build the deck with the leader in mind. Another leader neutralizing other leaders is quite simply a frustrating mechanic to deal with.

Let's try this again.... I don't have any problem handling Usurper decks. The issue isn't about balance. It's about what is good game play and what is not. Bricking leaders is not, IMO. Removing mulligans is also not. Not that anyone runs that card. Milling someone after they passed and getting free CA out of it, or forcing their cards to banish, is also not good game play. Cards almost completely based on luck, like VW and Spotter, definitely are not. Even though they're both sub-par cards due to the variance, IMO.

All of above examples exist. Someone probably labelled them as "fun" mechanics. They're welcome to this opinion. I don't share it.

Top Bottom