GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Burza! Was the vacation good?
Homecoming is amazing and I see more potential in it!
I am really looking forward to an immediate new explansion to enrich gameplay. New cards are much needed now.
Mind if I ask WHEN or WHAT the new expansion is gonna be?
Thx, Have a great day!

Hey Burza! I hope the vacation was awesome!

I finally got HC and Thronebreaker on my PS4, but like others have stated the performance is experiancing quite a lot of lag and crashes in both games.

Are there any plans to patch that? What can we expect and when?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Hey Burza! I hope the vacation was awesome!

I finally got HC and Thronebreaker on my PS4, but like others have stated the performance is experiancing quite a lot of lag and crashes in both games.

Are there any plans to patch that? What can we expect and when?

Thank you in advance!

We're working on it right now, shouldn't be long!

Given that Artifact tcg is currently bleeding in numbers, are you going to capitalize on that by eventually postponing the release of new content/major update until it is ready to challenge major competitors?
And are you considering any marketing move in order to make a broader audience aware of the new changes prior/after release in order to expand your market share in terms of player base?

Given that Artifact tcg is currently bleeding in numbers, are you going to capitalize on that by eventually postponing the release of new content/major update until it is ready to challenge major competitors?
And are you considering any marketing move in order to make a broader audience aware of the new changes prior/after release in order to expand your market share in terms of player base?

Watch tonight's stream for more info :)

Hey, thanks for the roadmap stream, really enjoyed it :)

Regarding the first expansion; are we finally going to see vampires and dryads?

Burza, can you ask Jason to look into camera more? He looks at you all the time when he talks. I also saw you don't feel comfortable with that. Jason needs to "fucking" chillax. YOU CAN'T BAN QUOTES ;DD

Got a few specific questions, after watching the stream:

1. the new faction is probably still just a few ideas, so it might be too soon to ask this, but are you planning to go start a new faction from scratch, or divide an existing faction into 2, like it was suggested in the past (ex. a complete wild hunt faction split from Monsters, or Touissant from Nilfgaard)?

2. with new content coming in like cards, leaders, factions and even "modes" (like the invading bears on season of the bear), will the contracts and reward trees remain the same or be adjusted accordingly?
(ex. the contract for getting 100 wins with all leaders of a faction, which currently means 4 leaders, will it be changed to include the soon to come 5th leader?)

Hi Burza. Are leaders' quotes coming back, pheraps when you use their ability? It was so cool to hear "onward, sons of nilfgaard!" or "there's but one punishment for traitors" when you played leaders. Now all they do when you use their ability is to grunt 😅 So, any chances leaders' quotes are coming back when you use leaders' ability?
Thank you for answering and sempre forza vale!

Since this wasn’t addressed in the road map, is there any news on when we can expect cross platform accounts and friends?

:D(y)

1 - Do the design team have their own definitions for types of decks --- categories for interesting ways of putting points on the board and taking points off and ratios of reactivity vs pro-activeness of a deck --- would be interesting as Gwent is such a unique card game that commonly used definitions don't quite apply.

2 - Has it ever been considered, for who goes first in round 3, be the one who wins his round (1 or 2) by the highest margin (discourages dry passing as the opponent has complete control of the decision).

3 - Do you take note of which matchups players do not give out gg's when they finish.

4 - How big is the team that designs gwent gameplay and would you consider a hiring competition from the fans who have now been playing for over 2 years.

5 - Was making the game play across the screen (rather than up and down) ever considered in order to use more of the screen.

6 - Would you consider having a place for players to offer feedback (similar to homecoming open ptr, a 1 week window), that the devs will read, every once in a while to get a sense of what the player base feels and a way for them to feel like they are being heard.

7 - Since jason slama was amazing on stream at giving insights into the design process could he talk about why the 3rd row (one personally painful change homecoming brought) and therefore more complex positioning strategies not being possible now.
Also locks being unfun and could at least have a timer added for how long the lock lasts to add more
dynamism, if they are to be so integral to a faction and control in general.

Absolutely loved the roadmap stream and I am really hyped about Jason being the new game director, he seems like the perfect guy for it!
Is there any plan to release a small number of cards alongside the new leaders in January?
For example a couple of core bronzes to flesh out their associated archetypes/playstyles

1. Any chance for smaller card expansions like we used to have in the past (10-20 cards) ??? I liked those small expansions a lot :)
2. When we can get Jason Slama card in Gwent ??? :)

I have not seen answers to these two questions anywhere else so would really appreciate getting them.

In regards to Gwent on consoles when can we expect to see private matches back? When will premium cards work all of the time like they did before?

Thank You in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom