Red Dead Redemption 2 (Red Dead 3)

+
Oh man, such a beautiful, bittersweet ending to Chapter Six. As a long, long time fan of RDR1 who was seemingly forever heartbroken of the unjust death of John Marston, the epilogues pretty much, sigh, picked up the broken pieces and made my heart whole again. A big teary smile.

Took a photo of Jack by the water.
a.jpg

One thing I have noticed with RDR2 that doesn't sit well with me is the character progression. It seems as I move through the story and new guns unlock, the enemies feel like they scale at a comparable rate. I rarely feel like I am getting an upgrade as much as I feel that my current gear is getting a downgrade. To compare, early in the game you can reasonably 2 to 3 shot most people with the cattleman's revolver, by act 4 you are looking at 4+ where the volcanic pistol is now functioning as the 2 to 3 shot.

I'm not sure I could come up with a better system without making early weapons extremely weak or too rapidly making guns too powerful, but it seems strange that humans somehow become more bullet resistant as time goes on.

RDR 2 is too linear for me and what it really lacks that I love is diversity of story outcomes based on choices. That is not a Rockstar staple as they are clearly telling a singular story as intended, similar to say something like a lot of Final Fantasy games. But despite this, I get into their characters and I think they write them well enough to get the player invested into their lives and you really feel the impact of Arthur's story and John/Jack etc. I'd kill to be able to have a small possibility of changing Arthur's fate based on specific choices but I understand that is not the vision of this franchise and enjoy it for what it delivers.

I loved Witcher 3 too but a major reason I am excited for CP2077 over Witcher is being able to create your own character. For me personally, it is much easier for me to immediately feel like I am playing my own story and choosing my own ultimate destiny versus Character A's story, etc. BY FAR for me the most immersive thing of all (even over all the TPP/FPP debates) for me is the feeling that I am my own character with my own backstory/attitude in my mind, and that I have player agency to actually choose and impact my own future and that of other characters you come to love/hate/not care about/etc while you play.

yes very immersive! i am on my second playthrough and playing a bad boy arthur. Interesting is that in the random event with the lawmen and the woman in the cage i always thought that the woman is guilty but it depends. Sometimes the woman is guilty and sometimes not. Nicely done Rockstar! Two Lemoyne raiders i shot today but they were pansys. No weapons. Only big mouth, wanted to brawl. One creepy guy i shot in the hand. Maybe i will meet him a second time. One crazy woman killed herself and the whole family. I looted everything. Now i must get the nice alligator skin to Pearson. I can't wait for the second animal. Hunting is fun if you have fun and patience. I think on the hunting alone i will get my moneys worth. Details are crazy. Pollution from Saint Denis and the river was like a rainbow but i got closer and it was blood from animals, fish?

To compare, early in the game you can reasonably 2 to 3 shot most people with the cattleman's revolver, by act 4 you are looking at 4+ where the volcanic pistol is now functioning as the 2 to 3 shot.
Shotguns are your friend. You can one shot most people with them at close range and two shot them at medium.

I saved some money and bought 6 games in last 2 months (ps4 ) .

For Honor
Assasinss Creed Odyssey
Horizon zero dawn
Assasinss Creed Origins
Gwent thronebreaker
Red dead Redemption 2

And Red dead redemption 2 is only one that I completely regret bying.I can't believe I got carried away and forgot about Darksiders 3 because Darksiders is together with God of war my favorite game series because I am huge fan of those hack and slash games.

Now holidays are coming I need money for other stuffs so instead of Darksiders 3 I have this deleted trash of Red dead redemption 2.

I saved some money and bought 6 games in last 2 months (ps4 ) .

For Honor
Assasinss Creed Odyssey
Horizon zero dawn
Assasinss Creed Origins
Gwent thronebreaker
Red dead Redemption 2

And Red dead redemption 2 is only one that I completely regret bying.I can't believe I got carried away and forgot about Darksiders 3 because Darksiders is together with God of war my favorite game series because I am huge fan of those hack and slash games.

Now holidays are coming I need money for other stuffs so instead of Darksiders 3 I have this deleted trash of Red dead redemption 2.
Have you ever considered that maybe RDR2 isn't trash it just isn't in your fairly specific tastes?

Have you ever considered that maybe RDR2 isn't trash it just isn't in your fairly specific tastes?
It did not because I played first Red dead and it was great and enjoyable to play.Before that I played Call of Juares bound in blood and it was good. before even that I played Gun and it was by favorite game back then.

Rdr2 simply sucks.

The elk is a pain in the *** to hunt. In Ambarino i found only one but f* up with normal arrow instead of improved arrows. Found never another one in that area. In Van Horn there were only the good elks but without antlers. Then i finally found one in the snow area but there were only one and i got lucky. 10hours lost.

The second was a nightmare. Before i started i had a hunch this will be hard. I hunted the beaver, muskrat and fox. The beaver was okish(they liked to swim in the water -.-) but the fox was a nightmare. I searched 2 days and found only a perfect muskrat. Hunted it down with varmint rifle. No fox but i was satisfied with the muskrat. Saved. lol. The fox i searched another 8 hours and couldn't hit it. Maybe i need new glasses. Bait was sh*t and no use. Then i robbed poor b*sterds and bought with their money a new rifle scope and first try and i got a perfect fox pelt. The bull and goats were a complete joke compared to that.

So in the hunting you can learn too like I with the scope or i first searched with the binoculars like an idiot and then i used the witcher sense. I also wanted to hunt everything with the bow only or didn't know what the small arrows are. Hunting in this game is really rewarding.

🤠 Wishing For A Proper Photo Mode In RDR ll 🤠
I am hoping that DRD II will have a proper Photo Mode soon. This game is too beautiful not to have it. A sin, really.
To be honest, the ingame camera is so severely limited. A proper photo mode will be sooooooo awesome to have.
Like, you can freeze gunfights to get really cool shots!.... Dayuuuuuum! I really want it bad!....
C'mon R*!!!!! Pro Photo Mode..... pwettty pleaseeeee!....

Red Dead Redemption 2 DAWN OF A NEW CENTURY 004 SOFT FRAMED STAMPED 50%.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom