GWENT Roadmap overview

+

rrc

Forum veteran
The Oak Tree and the SK new cards which were showed.. are they going to come on Jan or on March? I didn't quite understand that part.

I'd guess the new SK cards will come in March as they will be part of the Svalblood Archetype.

What I wonder about is, how the thing with the new leaders will work. If the ones we get in January have synergies with the archetypes that will be introduced in March, they will be useless for 2 month, but if they have only synergies with existing archetypes, the new archetypes in March won't have a leader at all, except if we get even more leaders in March, which I doubt.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
There’s nothing wrong with new mulligans in my opinion.
Also, I welcome console patch, it’s badly needed.

I don't know, I think in the long run it's healthier for the game if certain leaders don't always have to struggle with consistency.

I love Francesca's ability, but those two mulligans make her kind of awkward to play with

Stoked for these changes! It's great to see the team respond so passionately to players' concerns, and it sounds like you have a solid plan in place. Congrats and best wishes to Mr. Slama for taking the lead. I have high hopes for the new direction, as everything he said resonated with me. I found that the changes to hand limit and draws really took away from my enjoyment of the game I fell in love with, back in Closed Beta. This new format just hasn't grabbed me yet. I hope that by the time the March expansion rolls around, I'll be a daily player once again, primed for some new cards.

We left the beta of Gwent: The Removal Card Game, but nothing changed. Not counting the classic one hotfix, it still took at least two or three months to get these small balance changes or real fixes. This. however, seems promising even if nothing will change dramatically.

Of course it was a bit optimistic to think the game would be in any real release shape. Especially considering how most card effects are insanely strong, and therefore removal is insanely strong and forced, while provision costs were not even close to making sense. Not to mention the strong focus on card design based on luck. Even that new creative way to change create never came. There's no cap or top on almost any card or mechanic, we still have so many problem cards and combos as if the design took a few steps backwards. Somehow we also have these broken cards like Kambi to name one, with no real counter-plays and zero interactivity between players. Then there are cards like Clear Skies that are completely unplayable in almost all decks. There are even cards from the beta that nobody asked for in the first place. Problems with artifacts... Yes, slightly optimistic.

I'm just gonna hop in there because I feel you're not doing the game justice with that. There are a couple of very interesting deck archetypes - Bran Beast Discard, Eist Warriors, Handbuff Dwarves, Foltest Boost/Machines, Woodland Giants, Ruehin Consume. There are a lot of different archetypes, and deckbuilding in general is very diverse. Maybe not at a Tier 1 level, but there are a multitude of decks that you can play in ranked and get decent results with.

I definitely 100% agree with you that the existing archetypes need to be fleshed out more so that deckbuilding can be more diverse and you are not locked to a few cards because you don't have a ton of options. That doesn't mean there are no cool archetypes right now that you can play around with. We need more low-provision cost cards, and more low-provision cost cards with different effects and purposes so that deckbuilding can be even more diverse and you try out more things. I sincerely hope we see more support for Movement decks, more spells and different kind of artifacts with creative and unique effects, I also hope we see an overhaul of the reveal mechanic and the spy mechanic.

But claiming that there are no complete archetypes in the game right now seems unfair to me.
There is not one single deck that is made for a single archetype, every deck is a mix of different ones, as you said yourself.
So no, there are no finsihed archetypes in the game and I don't care if you think thats unfair, doesn't change the fact that it's true

There is not one single deck that is made for a single archetype, every deck is a mix of different ones, as you said yourself.
So no, there are no finsihed archetypes in the game and I don't care if you think thats unfair, doesn't change the fact that it's true
What about NR buffing, NR charges, MO deathwish? With them you can easily create a deck from a single archetype.

What about NR buffing, NR charges, MO deathwish? With them you can easily create a deck from a single archetype.
Buffing and charges are not archetypes, they are game mechanics.
Dunno about deathwish, are there really 20+ dedicated deathiwsh cards? I don't think so. Cards like Kayran are Consume but it's used to activate deathwishes so basically you play Deathwish + Consume.

Watched the stream last night, all's fine and dandy... one problem I have is I don't feel the game anymore. Whatever they say - I don't feel like playing. I am so numb on CDPR promises, I'm so disgusted by what HC76 brought that I feel like I moved away.

... and after two years of playing this game - it hurts me inside.

rrc

Forum veteran
Buffing and charges are not archetypes, they are game mechanics.
Dunno about deathwish, are there really 20+ dedicated deathiwsh cards? I don't think so. Cards like Kayran are Consume but it's used to activate deathwishes so basically you play Deathwish + Consume.
Wasn't it always the case? Consume or Deathwish can't be an archetype on themselves, right? Consume need DW and vice versa. Isn't it? So, together, I think there are 20+ cards!

LOL so now we will be able to play Witcher Trio with Usurper, Arachas Queen and Francesca!

On a more serious note: just as i played Usurper/Leto when Eithne was meta last patch... i will keep playing Eithne Control until #$%& Woodland Spirit/Speartip/Ghouls/Consume gets fixed even if it means i wont climb, just out of spite.

That's nitpicking. You could say the same thing about the Open Beat Gwent. I'm pretty sure that the Drummond Shieldmaiden was used in a variety of decks from different archetypes. Just because different archetypes share some card doesn't mean they aren't different entities.

Also, mixing different abilities to create an archetype seems more exciting to me than just putting all cards with the same keyword into my deck and be done with it.

I see a lot of the criticism, I don't share most of it, but I can understand where people are coming from at times. but I feel like this one is kind of far fetched.

Deathwish is really a combination of consume cards and death wish cards. Really can't make either of those seperate.
Post automatically merged:

That's nitpicking. You could say the same thing about the Open Beat Gwent. I'm pretty sure that the Drummond Shieldmaiden was used in a variety of decks from different archetypes. Just because different archetypes share some card doesn't mean they aren't different entities.

Also, mixing different abilities to create an archetype seems more exciting to me than just putting all cards with the same keyword into my deck and be done with it.

I see a lot of the criticism, I don't share most of it, but I can understand where people are coming from at times. but I feel like this one is kind of far fetched.

I can see both sides a bit here. Before homecoming decks could be a lot more focused which some people miss a lot.

I think what @_Kili_ pointed out is mostly true for NG And SK discard somewhat, where most cards of that faction are "Bloodlust: Damage X by X" or having to do with damage in general. NR have got at least 2 (Machines and Cursed, though the latter admittedly needs some more support), Deathwish is rather complete as well with the options it has. Thriving feels like an archetype to be but isn't quite there, the mechanic as a whole doesn't feel so nice. Rather simplified.

ST could use some extra trap support.

The problem I see is that 100+ cards, even say 120 are basically 20 for each faction plus 20 neutrals (because with HC, we've moved on to a standard amount of cards for each faction). You can't both give each faction a new archetype AND support existing ones with that amount of cards. In Nilfgaard's case, some cards might just be reworked. But I don't know about the rest.

I watched it now and i think they have a personal grudge against me, to take out the only thing i had liked in HC.

Overall, they keep the same mistake of the past: Wanting to much. Add one more faction, while they dont have good factions right now. They think to big (or money orientated)
Patches every month=GG to all content creators that make a meta-snapshots.
Heaviely depend on the patch
Yep, improved. If anything the game now can actually release 100 cards without powercreeping the game to hell.
Yes after taking 100 cards out, after implementing 100 cards, after... i think you see the point.

Ths stream was a joke for most of the critique in this forum here.

That remains to be seen.
I'd argue that could've been done before, if only they were a little creative with new cards
They tried with midwinter, it failed. Powercreep cards that upped the bronze "requirement to be playable" (bearmaster, viper witcher, half elf, elven scout, slave driver and a few others) saw play, the rest next to none.

Now however, with provisions they can print multiple cards that aren't strictly better or worse than others. Because Homecoming have an healthy base to work with.

Maybe it's my almost 20 years experience with card games (starting with mtg) but i can't see how they could expand on old gwent. It was simply an impossible task, and they were still in beta.
I'm actually amazed other people can't see it as clearly, but whatever.

Top Bottom