Stuck on Loading Screen

+
Hi,
I'm stuck on loading screen at the very beginning of the game. To be more specific - at the image of random card.
I never saw the game menu...
I can't even read the support ID from within the game, to send it to cdpr.

Have a beautiful loading screen today.

Did you uninstall the game first and install it again? Normally, that should do the trick.

Did you uninstall the game first and install it again? Normally, that should do the trick.

No I did not. Thx.
I'm on it now...
Post automatically merged:

Well... nothing happened.
After reinstallation I have the same problem.

Last edited:
Hmm, that‘s really strange. Also make sure your connection is not slowed down too much by uploads and downloads, otherwise connecting to the game can become difficult...

I managed to start the game for the first time today.
After closing it, there is no way to reenter.
I suspect this is because of the connection speed.

Hello,
I want to report the same problem. My game progresses until the random card overview, and then it loads indefinitely. It does not freeze in the normal sense, since the hourglass in the bottom right keeps turning. I have deleted and installed it for the 4th time over the last week, and it's always the same error. There is no way my internet connection is the problem, I have zero packet loss and 19ms ping. Are there any known fixes for this? I bought kegs for money, and would really like to play now...

Best Regards

Edit: I should add that I could play for the first few days of HC launch.

I have no idea what that was, but after managing to enter Gwent few times it seems to be working now everytime I try.

Same problem, stuck on initial card after pressing x. Been happening for a few days but I restarted the PS4 and it worked, now even that doesnt work. Installed the update and everything. I dont think the internet connection is the problem.

If you have a GOG account perhaps try using the PC form and explain that it's for PS4 and that you can't really access the ID. Hopefully, they can forward it to the console support team.

I had one, gonna have to download GoG again and Gwent with it to try that I guess. Not that we have much to lose at that point, hope it'll be enough and they can figure something out.
Post automatically merged:

So, I tried something else. I connected my console with my phone (which has a better internet connection if I'm refering to the downloading speed for the Thronebreaker update), and I was able to launch the game. Decided to then go back to my box, and game got stuck on the loading screen.

I was at least able to get the Support ID from there, so I would recommend people who have the same issue to try this to get the ID, if not to play directly through their phone's Internet.

Last edited:
Just a quick update: seems like you can also enter a random number in the PS4 support form.
Just make sure to mention why you couldn't enter your real ID :)

PS4 Gwent is really annoying - after few good days the "loading screen problem" has returned and it lasts whole week now.

I reported the issue and someone from CDPR was kind enough to get back to me. They suggested this method which worked for me when I tried it yesterday. I thought it was worth sharing.

EDIT: this worked for a few days, but the problem did reoccur eventually.

Please try clearing the cache of PlayStation 4:

1. Turn off your PlayStation 4. Do not enter Rest Mode.
2. Once the indicator light on top of your PlayStation 4 is off and has stopped blinking, unplug the power cord from the back of your console.
3. Wait at least 30 seconds.
4. Plug the power cord back into your PlayStation 4 and turn it on.

Last edited:
I reported the issue and someone from CDPR was kind enough to get back to me. They suggested this method which worked for me when I tried it yesterday. I thought it was worth sharing.

Doesn't work for me, I am sadness. Might try a few times in the next couple of days, see it something changes, otherwise I guess I can only cross my fingers for the January update.

Waiting a while before pressing X to load the game (in the Geralt+Ciri screen) is doing the trick for me these days.

IKR?

Top Bottom