Monsters Faction Week begins!

+

Come, sisters, no point in dawdling. The table's set, the cauldron bubbles…

...and the Monsters Faction Week is about to begin!

Until December 21st (Friday), 12 PM (noon) CET, you will be able to play Law of the Jungle – Special Arena mode in which you create your decks with Monsters cards only.

Additionally, Monsters Faction Kegs have been temporarily added to the store – each Keg costs 300 ore and contains 5 Monsters cards!

300 gold for a faction Keg is too much. That price doesn't make sense. Even if somebody is interested solely in that particular faction cards, its still more efficient to just buy 3 regular kegs.

On average 3 regular kegs should give you around 4-5 cards from the faction you want(since you can choose last card in each keg), plus a bunch of other factions cards that you can always scrap and craft cards of your choice. In other words you are simply loosing value if you buy a faction keg instead of 3 regular kegs.

Last edited:
CDPR. CDPR never changes.

Wasn't Eithne faction week a lesson to you? Don't we see enough monsters already?

I guess it's time to finally uninstall Gwent.

I think I'll give the Arena event a try. Could create some pretty sweet decks with that, I imagine.
An army of Crones, hehe. :p

CDPR. CDPR never changes.

Wasn't Eithne faction week a lesson to you? Don't we see enough monsters already?

I guess it's time to finally uninstall Gwent.
I think they are pairing the faction weeks depending on the season name. Mahakam was ST, wild hunt is MO...It's really bad luck that the broken factions correspond to their season name.

I think they are pairing the faction weeks depending on the season name. Mahakam was ST, wild hunt is MO...It's really bad luck that the broken factions correspond to their season name.

Bad luck, really? That's what you call it? I remind you, this game is developed by CDPR, operated by CDPR and marketed by CDPR (and it's child company GOG). You can call this anything but bad luck. Incompetence. Inability to listen and/or react. Making bad choices. And so on.

I don't even ask why they won't make balance changes during a season (like ALL other companies do, and nobody ever complained about that). But I ask why they constantly promote the faction (or factions) that's already everywhere?

I am not only talking about monsters and ST, they did the same with faction battles, choosing two of the most popular factions. Do you remember when everyone was playing coinflip abuse Brouver, and CDPR started faction battles event including ST? I actually easily got rank 21 that season by playing anti-Brouver Skellige deck, but it still wasn't fun to see ST as an opponent 90% of the time.

Ok, enough ranting. I had a little hope after their last stream, but now I see they never learn.

Last edited:

rrc

Forum veteran

now I see they never learn.
Last time they gave 50% more experience for playing ST which kind of forced the players to play ST. This time it is not the case. Just the 300 ore Keg (which is optional) and an Arena mode (again optional). So, it is not going to increase any new MO opponent you are going to face. I would say they learnt from their mistakes and didn't repeat it this time.

How is this the same thing?

I guess he thinks decks like big Woodlands are super good or something. Know when they aren't? When literally everyone starts stuffing resets, large removals and direct counters to big units all over their deck.

It's similar to what the deal was with Eithne. ST gets a few decent builds for once. Other factions could compete just fine but noooo. Can't have it. Gotta nerf the elven horde. Gotta turn Eithne into a Brouver.

It's similar to what the deal was with Eithne. ST gets a few decent builds for once.

Lolwut? ST always had very competitive decks. Back in the CBT ST had the strongest faction ability. And in the OBT they won tons of games thanks to Wardancer alone. Even after it was nerfed (bringing down coinflip Brouver – one of the most ridiculous decks in the history of Gwent), ST stayed highly competitive.

In fact, I think only at the start of the OBT (when they lost their faction ability and gained nothing back) ST had some issues.

I would say they learnt from their mistakes and didn't repeat it this time.
I do not know if it was mistake. I do not have any insider info, but I can guess, they could hav been doing that 50% experience bonus for Scoia'tael really on purpose to motivate players play mostly this faction. Reason for that could have been getting big amount of data for ongoing patch, where they wanted to focus on adjusting Scoia'tael. When you check December patch overview, you will see, that Scoia'tale really got the highest amount of changes from all factions. There is probably no such reason for Monsters, so there may be no particular reason for extra motivation to play Monsters. But this all is just my opinon on level of speculation. :)

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Tried monster week. Was a total mess and not in a fun kind of way.

Yiu basically either get to spam destroy the loeest enemy, spam imerlith, or spam slyzard stacking with optional weavess incantation spam to facilitate those 3 strategies.

Totally janky unfun nonsense.

Special modes should be along the lines of "bronze cards only" or "gold cards only". Not insert faction only.

Top Bottom