top 10 favorite games

+
1 The Witcher 3
2 Dragon Age Origins
3 Fall Out 4
4 KOTOR
5 Hogs Of War ( showing my age with this one when must others wont have heard of it )

Ten. You're supposed to have ten.

If you really can't think of anything, just improvise to fill the quota. Like this:

6 The Witcher 3 -- while eating chocolate
7 Dragon Age Origins -- while enjoying some quality chocolate
8 Fall Out 4 -- with a mug of hot chocolate
9 KOTOR -- with some 80% dark chocolate
10 Hogs Of War -- man...this chocolate looks a bit old, but it's still good

EDIT: Also, you got me. I had to look up Hogs of War. I do remember the helmet / "Born to Grill" thing clearly...but I am pretty sure I've never played it. And, 2000 isn't "old"! That was basically yesterday.

Last edited:
I like the way you think.

Actually, this Hogs of War / old / we-are-not-old thing made me think. I think I need to re-evaluate my "top 10" mentality. Basically, I've got 2 categories in my head. One for "all-time most meaningful", one for "most played". Ironically, the games I play the most are not the ones that I would say are the best games. KoTOR is probably a prime example of this. Very rarely have I so completely and thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience of a game like I did with KoTOR 1. But, I could really only experience it that way once. I've played through it maybe 5 times over the years, but it's the energy that the first playthrough created that I remember. I don't feel compelled to play it again and again. Conversely, Amalur is something I play a lot. I've played through it at least 10-15 times over the years, but when someone asks me to recommend a good RPG, I'm going to gush about other games first.

So I guess, for me, the best of the best games are the ones that deliver such an impactful experience that you'll carry it with you forever. Games that are fun for longevity of play are a separate consideration, really.

1. Witcher 3
2. Assasinss creed odyssey

rest not in order
- Warcraft 3
- Bloodborne
- Darksiders
- Darksiders 2
- Gwent
- God of war 3
- God of war 2018
- God of war 2

Guest 4211861

1. Baldur's Gate II and expansion
  2. Freespace 2
  3. Sunless Sea
  4. KOTOR II
I don't have 10 favorite games. I have played over 200 titles, but I play them mostly not to go insane with all the chaos that happens all the time.

I think CP2077 will be in that list, though.

My apologies for not reading properly :giggle:

1 The Witcher 3
2 Dragon Age Origins
3 Fall Out 4
4 KOTOR
5 Hogs Of War ( showing my age with this one when must others wont have heard of it )
6 Kingdom Of Amalur ( i thought it was to cartoonie at first but changed my mind )
7 Heavy Rain
8 Until Dawn ( oh Hayden :love: )
9 Dishonored
10 Age Of Empires War Chiefs

And i didn`t find room for any Elder Scrolls or Mass Effect .

Hogs Of War had the late great Rik Mayall doing all the voices . Rik would always say funny things when you clicked on a pig or when the pig dies but at the same time it was strategically challenging . I think worms might have taken Hogs place in the game world . Alas to me hogs was far better.

Last edited:
I am surprised how Mans of you have chosen The Witcher 1 and 2, ignoring Witcher 3-Wild Hunt.

I cant Imagine how someone could find Part 3 inferiour to the first two games. Imho its The best game ever made and it needs something like RDR 2 to touch this. Sorry, just my opinion.

Here is my List: The Witcher3, Gwent, RDR2, GOW 2018, Bioshock1-3, RDR1, LA Noire, The Last of US, Persona5, Gears of War etc. etc...

I am surprised how Mans of you have chosen The Witcher 1 and 2, ignoring Witcher 3-Wild Hunt.

I cant Imagine how someone could find Part 3 inferiour to the first two games. Imho its The best game ever made and it needs something like RDR 2 to touch this. Sorry, just my opinion.

Here is my List: The Witcher3, Gwent, RDR2, GOW 2018, Bioshock1-3, RDR1, LA Noire, The Last of US, Persona5, Gears of War etc. etc...
Thread was made before Witcher 3 was released.This forum existed before Witcher 3 come out.

BTW I made same mistake as you.

1. EarthBound.

Quite likely, the universe will implode before this is replaced. I've seen many poor attempts at emulating it, including such games as Undertale, but nearly all of them have a basic misunderstanding of what made this game good to begin with. It wasn't just the quirkiness; it was the quirkiness of America as seen through a set of Japanese eyes and the resulting love poem.

2. Breath of the Wild

I am very hard to please when it comes to Zelda games, and for a long time none managed to capture me quite like Link to the Past did. I admit I didn't even give some of them a chance, but that was due to not wanting to buy a Wii U or Wii. Then came Breath of the Wild.

Plus, I hate the time travel mechanic of OoT. It irks me the way it's handled.

3. Super Mario Odyssey

Oddly, despite the fact I played a lot of Mario games, I mostly use them for vegetating. They don't really grab me that well, and for the most part this slot was filled by Diablo 2. I have to admit the combination of modern mechanics and nostalgia got this one an unusual place.

4. Final Fantasy 6

Sorry, but I've not seen any Final Fantasy after this manage quite the same epic scale of storytelling. This one even beats 7 for me.

5. Mass Effect

The sequel and third in the series never managed to capture me like this one did.

6. Witcher 3

I have to admit, I like this one. It takes everything I liked about the prior two and improves on them.

7. Ogre Battle and StarCraft 2 are equal on this slot

Originally, this slot was Warcraft 3 and the original StarCraft. Then StarCraft 2 came out and replaced StarCraft. But, lately, I've been replaying the Ogre Battle series and remembering what I liked about it. This may change with the upcoming Warcraft 3 remake.

8. Stardew Valley

I like farming games of the Harvest Moon style. They're relaxing. And this one massively improves upon the formula.

9. Endless Space 2 and Stellaris are tied here

This used to be GalCiv 2 and Civ 5, but I don't play either much anymore. GalCiv 3 isn't really capturing my heart, and Civ 6 is increasingly going from "annoying" to "are your devs on drugs?" with how badly implemented the expansion mechanics are. These two ended up filling the niche; I get my quirky, personality-filled gameplay from Endless Space 2 and my mushroom men are dominating the galaxy in Stellaris.

10. Pathfinder: Kingmaker and Pillars of Eternity 2 are tied for this spot

This used to be Baldur's Gate 2, but I like both of these games more right now. Plus, I'm irritated that DnD is floundering in the video game department while the ever-mismanaged Pathfinder is actually beginning to make some headway.

1. Grim Fandango
2. Planescape: Torment

The rest in no order:
Heroes of Might and Magic 3
Vampire:The Masquerade - Bloodlines
Warcraft 3 + Dota
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Mass Effect trilogy
Age of Empires 2
Dark Souls + Bloodborn
Alpha Centauri

I mostly love atmospheric & immersive Action / RPG games so my all time favorites are....

1] Return to castle wolfstain [ My 1st game & then I become addicted :D ]
2] Prince of Persia - warrior within
3] Mafia 1 / 2
4] Max Payne 2
5] I.G.I 2
6] STALKER Series
7] Far Cry 2 / 3
8] Witcher 1 & 2 [ 3 totally killed that atmosphere, rpg feel & impressiveness for me. It's more like a good adventure game which i am not a fan of ]
9] GTA 4 / 5
10] Mad Max

Honorable mentions - Bioshock, Sleeping Dogs, Mass Effect, Deus Ex, Metro series, Tomb Raider 2013

Deus Ex and Baldur's Gate 2 are probably my 2 all time favs

Witcher 2 ranks pretty high on the list as well as MGS 3

Guest 4342339

My favorite games :
Super Mario Odyssey
Witcher 3
Witcher 2
Fallout 4
God of war
Assassin's creed odyssey

1. witcher 3,2,1
2. red dead redemption 2
3. god of war
4. last of us
5. fallout new Vegas
6. elder scrolls ( just in general
7. fallout 3
8.Detroit become human
9. spider man
10. kingdom come deliverance

1. Witcher 3
2. NieR: Automata
3. Shadow of the Colossus
4. BioShock Infinite
5. Horizon: Zero Dawn
6. God of War
7. Final Fantasy VII
8. Batman: Arkham City
9. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
10. Kingdom Hearts 2

I feel like this changes constantly, as I tend to think the greatest modern games build on what I loved from years past.

Top Bottom