Weekly Poll 12/17/18 - Style!

+

What do you want from 2077 Style?

• Total voters
Yes, yes, it's first person. Just like real life!

And in Real Life (TM) we have style!

You can argue it's to impress others - true to a point and possibly relevant in-game with NPCs, big part of Cyberpunk - but also in many ways because we like to think we look cool. Right now I'm wearing black trackpants and a Spectrum T-shirt (Alan Tudyk is awesome is why).
I look down and see this and I feel nice about myself.

So, style. It matters!

List of Other Polls and links found here.

I vote for diversity. I want customize everything if possible. But i'm not quite sure about armor option, does option 5 mean that we saw in demo - jacket with armor stats? Or something like in Nioh, where you can make armor look like you want?

Nice poll btw.

I personally noticed that I don't bother too much with clothes or style. Games like GTAV allow great customization, but I doubt I used even 1% of what's available there. Doesn't mean that appearance of gadgets or armors isn't important to me, but I just don't bother wasting my time on stuff that doesn't affect my character or gameplay in general in any way beyond appearance.

As for armor and clothes being separate... I don't care about it either. It's cool to have a new outfit, even if it doesn't represent exactly what it does gameplay-wise. One of examples - VtMB. You get a new armor class, but it's just a crocodile leather trench coat. It can't provide stronger protection from bullets in real life, but it does in the game. I'm fine with that. I'd rather have developers invest time into other gameplay elements, than making the game as realistic as possible.

Anyway, people will vote "give me everything and even more", obviously.

Considering the source material I really hope CDPR give us the option to explore some of the more out there fashion accessories that are described in the ruleset and lore books, specifically the section for "exotic fashion"

1, 4, 9, 10.

I'm not all that intereted in playing dressup for the sake of it, for similiar reasons I don't really like to play doll-house-decor with a "player-home" just because I can. I don't think such serves much purpose.

I think style should have a gameplay function beyond armor ratings and "hey cool" random NPC commentary (more about that in some relelvant thread... perhaps), and with that in mind... Yeah, there should be lots of choices, and yeah, armor should be it's own thing, and yeah, NPC's should play by the same rules as the player.

I don't need to customize my clothes, I just want a decent range of styles and clothing items. DAI had a few ways you could customize armour including colours and a few possible attachments, but the player armour itself mostly looked terrible, especially compared to the cool asymmetry of some of the other main characters.

I voted 6, i would like to have the option a change things if i wish , CP is all about style over substance .

Sild

Ex-moderator
1, 3, 4, 5 and 8 with 4 probably being the most important here.

p.s. Nice poll ! (y)

Last edited:
1, 4, 8. 1 & 8 are the most important ones for me. I like the idea of armor being something in addition to clothing (i.e. you can increase a jacket's resistances and defense, but it's style and defenses are different things that are tracked separately).

1,2,6,8,& 9, though with 2 I would love some styles really geared for different roles and economic classes, but I don't want the role based styles to be mandatory or actually locked to roles. Just really good base options, but if my solo wants to dress like a techie or whatever and I can afford the clothing then I should be able to wear it.

3, 4, 8, 9 for me ; I'm a customholic in videogames, but I know making such stuff takes time.

Even though, I wish they'll be one or two homages/influences to the masters of cyberpunk style, Deckard's vest (or one close to this look) would be rad.

Clothing is common and affordable by everyone, so I assume every NPC could possibly own clothes like yours, except those that could be "unique" and affordable through hidden places, missions, special NPCs, etc. by buying, looting, or just finding.

Just a few friendly suggestions for the end :)
- Please put various shoes for females. I hate high heels honestly (kind of a anti-fetish effect on me...). Army-like boots and snickers are fine too, or anything else.
- I hope that I the "streetcred" system includes tattoos, and the fact that if you go shirtless, then people can see your tattoo so they don't focus on the absence of shirt (because showing the "awesome street-cred" tattoo was the player purpose). Or even just showing your abs, or a full-vertical cleavage. With something on top of that, of course (like a vest).

Btw, what means the word "transmog" ?

1, 4, 6, 8, 9 - Don't hold back on me CDPR!

I hope that armor in this game looks decent, which is kinda big for me. I remember playing Assassin's Creed games without buying armor because I thought it ruined the look. If I could customize it, or craft clothes into armor pieces, that would be cool.

I also voted for 9 because I have found that NPCs sometimes have clothes that aren't available to players, instead of players having what NPCs cannot. And that, I think, is more annoying to us players who want all the character customization we can eat.

What poll option would mean:
"I don't want to let the dev' decide instead of me what looks cool and what doesn't, statwise."?

So I can vote.

1, 3, 4, 6, 8, 9. Hard to just pick a couple choices this time around, since I think most of these can work together.

What I want and what I think is practical are two separate things, of course. I'm expecting nothing more than we had in the Witcher 3. Most, if not all of the equippable stuff in the game is gear, not clothing.

I didn't vote for any of them.

Because in any game that uses clothing/armor stats you're inherently limited to using what's available not what you want. Unless there's a system to transfer those stats from one item to another and then you wind up with the "Full EOD armor bikini". Besides, you're also inherently limited to the clothing/armor styles implemented in the game regardless of what you want.

1, 3, 4, 6, 8, 9. Hard to just pick a couple choices this time around, since I think most of these can work together.

What I want and what I think is practical are two separate things, of course. I'm expecting nothing more than we had in the Witcher 3. Most, if not all of the equippable stuff in the game is gear, not clothing.

Yea, it seems that way from the demo.. but i think it might be nice to be able to choose how V looks without having to trade-off stats.. like how you can wear a suit over a bullet vest..

Yea, it seems that way from the demo.. but i think it might be nice to be able to choose how V looks without having to trade-off stats.. like how you can wear a suit over a bullet vest..
Yeah, I agree, it would be a very nice touch.

For me, ideally, there isn't "X level gear." So, you don't outlevel the suit you just bought 5 minutes later. This would help with what you mention, but having both your suggestion and this at once would be perfect in my opinion.

Top Bottom