Important update regarding the UWP PC version of GWENT

+
To be clear, I did not ask about why the UWP version was terminated. I want to know what CDPR/those in charge of Gwent are doing (if anything) to help UWP players migrate their accounts, or (again) if we are just out of luck.

Not sure, you can ask your question, as you've written it above, in the Ask a Dev thread.

Let's not pretend some store policy could force CDPR to make an anti-customer decision to remove a client, cross-buy, and only announce that on the *day it would have released*. Maybe transfer restrictions, but that wouldn't be some sort of surprise on release day.

it worked sry because of german picture
8c9a02bfc9adfec0ff4ca2b49cd49c6b-png.jpg

Update: so I got an email today stating they're allowing UWP transfer regardless of Xbox use or not as they're working with Microsoft but you still can't migrate if you played the GOG version at all including even just downloading the client. I never played the GOG version as evident on the amount of hours spend in game on my account, I must of downloaded the client at some point I guess, I don't understand why you can't just wipe the progress or the game from my library?

Update: so I got an email today stating they're allowing UWP transfer regardless of Xbox use or not as they're working with Microsoft but you still can't migrate if you played the GOG version at all including even just downloading the client. I never played the GOG version as evident on the amount of hours spend in game on my account, I must of downloaded the client at some point I guess, I don't understand why you can't just wipe the progress or the game from my library?

I created a brand new account for them to transfer my account to. Hopefully they can do it, I'm still waiting to hear back from them. There are a LOT of tickets in on this issue.

Or the could have checked the box to keep Play Anywhere and avoided screwing over a (probably very small subset of) customers completely. Whatever.

i have 200 games in my old account. so i have to create a new one for gwent. i will buy only gwent games in this new account. and for the old ones i will buy part of the games again, on steam. so my solutions for that problem will be: no more buying of other games on gog.

Hey, pals! I'd been away for sometime, but have returned with a technical question.

I used to play the Microsoft Store/Xbox version of Gwent beta on PC. And hence, had been waiting till the console version release of the same. I checked on the Microsoft Store a couple days ago, and found Gwent, but it seems to be only available for Xbox.

So, my question is, will there be a PC version of Gwent released on the Microsoft Store? If not (which is fine), is there anyway for me to transfer my Xbox account to the PC GOG version? Since I don't own an Xbox and only intend to play on PC, and am a level 60 Master player on my last account, and don't want all of my time to go to waste.

I haven't installed the GOG version yet. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

@4RM3D Thanks! This is exactly what I wanted. Unfortunately, by the time I checked your response, CDPR had closed the Account Transfer (missed it by less than 30 minutes!). I've written a mail to their support, and in the meantime, I need you and everybody to keep every finger on their body crossed. :p Thanks again.

If anyone has their account successfully transferred and working on gog please post here for the rest of us. My account has been in transfer for 5 days now. Just wondering how long it takes :)

If anyone has their account successfully transferred and working on gog please post here for the rest of us. My account has been in transfer for 5 days now. Just wondering how long it takes :)
I just hit the five day mark myself, so at least you're not alone.

I would like to sync PC Gwent with XBox Gwent. Been away from Gwent for over a year...now coming back to enjoy the new version. Back then, had two accounts...one on XBox and a separate one on PC. Now would like to play one of the accounts on both XBox and PC. I have the latest update for Windows 10, have a Microsoft Account, have anXBox Live account, and have the latest version of XBox One. How do I sync Gwent so I can play a single account on both PC and XBox...and then perhaps delete the other account? (Am new to XBox Live, and don’t understand how it works.) I have uninstalled both, PC and XBox, versions of Gwent and reinstalled from the Microsoft Store. But when I open the games, each reverts to its original account. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

@4RM3D Thanks! This is exactly what I wanted. Unfortunately, by the time I checked your response, CDPR had closed the Account Transfer (missed it by less than 30 minutes!). I've written a mail to their support, and in the meantime, I need you and everybody to keep every finger on their body crossed. :p Thanks again.

I'd imagine you will get response, I went through support to get my old GOG acoount scrubbed and transferred my UWP account, just takes time.
Post automatically merged:

I have finally today the 24th, been waiting since the 18th, took many emails to get them to wipe my old GOG account and finish the UWP transfer but I'm finally set up with all my scraps and there's a lot!

Same mine is still in transfer. 9 days now. They said they are waiting for Microsoft to verify. Saying it won't be done untill January now. It's annoying that it seems to be random if it gets done or not. Immasteal did you get a email to say yours was done?

Glad to see that transfers are taking so long to go through that we are going to get screwed by the next patch and not be able to craft premiums with scraps. This is so incredibly frustrating having to wait nearly a month after the games release to be able to play the damn thing.

Top Bottom