300 Hours In... My Review + MTX Suggestions

+
I never figured out how to multi quote on a forum so I probably put the wrong quote up lol

Repeat step 1 for each quote, then go to step 2 and you're done.

quote.jpg

Here's the problem with what you've said, mate. I'm not a casual Witcher fan. Witcher 3 is my number 2 favorite game of all time. And I own the first and second games too. And I distinctly remember that in the first game you could sleep with prostitutes and then collect a card with a nude image of them on the front. Hm! Hm! HMMMM! So it's funny you bring up women's underwear to point out what casuals would want when honestly it DOES sound EXACTLY like something you would have found in the original Witcher game. But the casual Witcher fans might not remember very much about the first game...

The irony here is that YOU SEEM TO BE TAKING WITCHER WAY TOO SERIOUSLY!!! It's not a historically accurate docudrama. It's a fantasy role playing series where you get to play as "The Most Interesting Witcher in the World". The first scene of Witcher 2 and 3 was Geralt and his current gf lounging in a bedroom. The first scene of the game is literally Geralt in a Bathtub. IT'S CANON. And maybe you don't realize it, but in one of the Soul Calibur games, Geralt made an appearence as an extra character. And during the ad campeign they showed a scene of Geralt in a Bathtub as part of their ad. So it's officially a meme. Not to mention a very important scene. It has nothing to do with a g-string. I have no idea why you'd even bring up something that isn't canon vs something that IS.

And

If you carefully read my post, you will see that I acknowledge the fact that you are no casual, given you have a few hundred hours under your belt.

However, my point is that the stuff you are asking for is likely the kind of stuff that casuals would be asking for. That is to say, cool little thingamabubs that do nothing for gameplay, but provide some sort of visual enjoyment - to the point where the self-absorbed creative team will protest that "this is against our vision". But if they didn't want these kind of requests, they should have been more careful how they design and market their game.

So, I'm a bit confused as to what exactly you are contradicting here...but anyways, pretty sure Yennefer's undies are canon.

If you carefully read my post, you will see that I acknowledge the fact that you are no casual, given you have a few hundred hours under your belt.

However, my point is that the stuff you are asking for is likely the kind of stuff that casuals would be asking for. That is to say, cool little thingamabubs that do nothing for gameplay, but provide some sort of visual enjoyment - to the point where the self-absorbed creative team will protest that "this is against our vision". But if they didn't want these kind of requests, they should have been more careful how they design and market their game.

So, I'm a bit confused as to what exactly you are contradicting here...but anyways, pretty sure Yennefer's undies are canon.

Ok, maybe you're partially right, but you must have heard of a little game called Fortnight or how about League of Legends. It turns out that little thingamabobs that do nothing for gameplay are actually quite helpful for capturing the imaginations of the playerbase as well as for further funding the development of the game in question.

Have you heard of a little game called Smash Bros? People love characters and the universes in which they exist to the point to where they enjoy seeing them being taken a little bit out of their usual context. This is a well established FACT. You can look at X-men vs Streetfighter or any crossover comic book to see this is the case. Even the fact that you have Iron Man standingn next to Spider-Man in the movies is further evidence of this REALITY that people love to take characters and their worlds a little out of context and yes I understand the whole Marvel universe thing I'm just saying you have a Marvel Universe to begin with in order to facilitate the possibility of crossovers in the first place.

So my main issue is the attitude that 'casuals' enjoy having fun with their beloved characters and games imagery. Because it has nothing to do with that. And it actually is important to confront that attitude of yours because in a smallish forum such as this everybody's attitude has a relatively large impact on the culture itself as well as on who chooses to stick around on the forum or not.

I mean I just think it would super Swaggy and thus make CDPR a bunch of $$ if Geralt was in the tub commanding his GWENT army by waving around his sword in a casual manner. Maybe the premium Geralt in a tub would even have your choice of Dryad, Yennefer, Triss, or lol Dandilion giving him a back rub at the same time. I mean its absurb, but it's canon. It's a meme. And fi you see that you would think. "That's pretty cool/ridiculous. What else do they have in the shop?"

It's all so they can hurry up and make more content for this game.

Ok, maybe you're partially right, but you must have heard of a little game called Fortnight or how about League of Legends. It turns out that little thingamabobs that do nothing for gameplay are actually quite helpful for capturing the imaginations of the playerbase as well as for further funding the development of the game in question.

Have you heard of a little game called Smash Bros? People love characters and the universes in which they exist to the point to where they enjoy seeing them being taken a little bit out of their usual context. This is a well established FACT. You can look at X-men vs Streetfighter or any crossover comic book to see this is the case. Even the fact that you have Iron Man standingn next to Spider-Man in the movies is further evidence of this REALITY that people love to take characters and their worlds a little out of context and yes I understand the whole Marvel universe thing I'm just saying you have a Marvel Universe to begin with in order to facilitate the possibility of crossovers in the first place.

So my main issue is the attitude that 'casuals' enjoy having fun with their beloved characters and games imagery. Because it has nothing to do with that. And it actually is important to confront that attitude of yours because in a smallish forum such as this everybody's attitude has a relatively large impact on the culture itself as well as on who chooses to stick around on the forum or not.

I mean I just think it would super Swaggy and thus make CDPR a bunch of $$ if Geralt was in the tub commanding his GWENT army by waving around his sword in a casual manner. Maybe the premium Geralt in a tub would even have your choice of Dryad, Yennefer, Triss, or lol Dandilion giving him a back rub at the same time. I mean its absurb, but it's canon. It's a meme. And fi you see that you would think. "That's pretty cool/ridiculous. What else do they have in the shop?"

Ok let me clarify something fam. "Casual" is not a diss, it simply means someone who is not as invested in Gwent as a core Gwent fan for instance. You could have read all the Witcher books, played all the games and expansions and still be a Gwent casual. It's all about putting in those hours.

Now I might be wrong, and you are clearly an exception, but I think that for players with hundreds of hours invested in this game, Geralt in a bathtub is pretty low on their priority list.

Personally, I have nothing against your suggestions, so I don't know why you are reading my posts as if I'm arrogant towards your suggestions - I myself would gladly have Eithne in a bathtub, as un-canon as that might be (perhaps a forest brook would be better?)

It's all so they can hurry up and make more content for this game.

Lol good luck with that yes

Personally, I have nothing against your suggestions, so I don't know why you are reading my posts as if I'm arrogant towards your suggestions - I myself would gladly have Eithne in a bathtub, as un-canon as that might be (perhaps a forest brook would be better?)

Lol good luck with that yes

My tone really wasn't directed at you but some other guy who I didn't quote. But yea, casuals are the lifeblood of online games. But again you don't get the point when you mentioned Eithne in a bathtub. The point is that you can have fun with the CANON of the series. There is no need to make things up that are irresponsible to the lore. Two Witcher games began inside of Geralts gf's bedchamber. So that's why it makes sense to have a battlefield there because they were important enough locales that 2 games started inside of them. If you want sex appeal then have some prostitutes represent the Northern Realms or something. It makes sense because often times the prostitutes in Witcher games were secretly kind of running tings behind the scenes. Whether they were secret vampires or conducting espionage. I just think, that restricting "Leaders" in GWENT to kings only was not the right call. As their are many in Witcher who pull the strings of society without being actual rulers. But that's my take.

And it's okay that we disagree I'm just putting this out there that GWENT isn't so sacred that it gets to ignreo the way that oline games in general tend to make their money. Not with characters that as you say, most casuals would not have any attachment to It's with the characters people care about that you have to put them front and center What if DragonBall FighterZ didn't have Vegeta but instead they centered their roster around Yamcha and Bulma instead? Sure many fans would applaude such boldness and bravery from the dev team. But most would look at the roster and think , "Where the f is Vegeta? He was my favorite character. Oh well. "

Why the heck isn't Geralt, Yennefer, Triss and others like them designated as the Leaders of Gwent? I just don't get it.

Why the heck isn't Geralt, Yennefer, Triss and others like them designated as the Leaders of Gwent? I just don't get it.

Geralt is a witcher and witchers do not lead, they are mercenaries for hire that solve problems. Yen and Triss are part of the Lodge of Sorcerers. None of the aforementioned characters are part of a faction. So, either Gwent needs to introduce a new faction or the game needs to implement neutral leaders that can lead any faction. Besides, even if they are important characters, that doesn't mean they should be put in charge. Not everyone is meant to lead.

I think the only reason is that, given the "battlefield" theme the devs are obsessing about, the people responsible for characters and stuff don't think it would be in-character for - example - Geralt to lead an army.

From the books you definitely know this, but from the games also you should know that Geralt would absolutely hate to be in charge of mass movements of people or to have these kinds of far-reaching responsibilities. While Triss and especially Yen are a bit more inclined to dabble in politics, they are still not characters who would enjoy commanding "armies" or groups of people or monsters or whatever. It's just not in their personality.

Maybe someone like Vesemir would make a more natural Witcher commander, someone like Philippa a leader for the Lodge, not to mention Iorveth as leader for Scoia'tael (which he actually is)...but the characters you mention aren't so enthusiastic about leading armies.

However, you are right in saying that fans sometimes like to take liberties with these things because of the love they have for these characters. And if this was still a tavern game like original Gwent was, it would make perfect sense to have Geralt facing off against Sile in some strip Gwent. But nooo, everything is so serious now...

Anyways, I wish you luck in getting the things you want, but my expectations aren't stellar from this game. It seems like reality has yet to kick in, and the devs don't yet understand the things they will have to do in order to bring this game into the mainstream like they seem to want.

Geralt is a witcher and witchers do not lead, they are mercenaries for hire that solve problems. Yen and Triss are part of the Lodge of Sorcerers. None of the aforementioned characters are part of a faction. So, either Gwent needs to introduce a new faction or the game needs to implement neutral leaders that can lead any faction. Besides, even if they are important characters, that doesn't mean they should be put in charge. Not everyone is meant to lead.

You'd be right if instead of Leaders they called them Rulers. But they didn't, they're simply Leaders. And if you can say that Geralt of Rivia isn't a leader even after the events of Wild Hunt, I don't know what to say to you. The entire game is about him leading a coalition to confront an other wordly invading army. You technically cannot do that without being a leader.

But on a side note, man, wow. You take some things way too seriously. The most important thing is to sell the game. Please remember that GWENT is a CARD GAME ABOUT A CRPG GAME filled with WEREWOLVES and spooky ghosts.. I mean listen... technically Bowser is a leader while Mario is not, but do you think if Nintendo released a card game they'd put Bowser at the head of a faction but not Mario? That is what has happened in GWENT. Cuz I could be like you and tell Shigeru Miyamoto that he's forbidden from misrepresenting Mario's character traits as being the haed of a faction because he's just a plumber Miyamoto!!

Top Bottom