Let's play Mimic!

+

Mimic – a special arena mode in which you play with your opponent's deck instead of your own, has returned! Jump into the game and turn your opponent's strengths and weaknesses into your own advantage!

Mimic will be available until Friday, January 4th, 12PM (noon) CET.

Good luck and have fun!

How exactly am I supposed to enjoy arena when on xbox the game freezes on me and I automatically lose the game?

How exactly am I supposed to enjoy arena when on xbox the game freezes on me and I automatically lose the game?
How exactly does it freeze? On my Ps4 I encountered a bug that prevented me from playing any cards, the card I highlighted in my hand got stuck and I couldn't switch to another one. I could not even forfeit I was forced to quit the game or else I would have had to watch myself discard my hand card by card. Lost me about three ranked games.
Post automatically merged:

Now, that you can view your deck, this mode becomes even more interesting because you can at least make some informed decisions.
Will be more interesting this way for sure. I still want to get some ranked wins for the Wild Hunt Hound title but I think I'll give it atleast one go.

God this promotion is terrible, you will play some truly awful hands.

This is the mode for people who enjoy watching bad movies and trainwrecks occur, and sadly I am not one of them.

That said, always considered this a step in the right direction for Arena.

How exactly does it freeze? On my Ps4 I encountered a bug that prevented me from playing any cards, the card I highlighted in my hand got stuck and I couldn't switch to another one. I could not even forfeit I was forced to quit the game or else I would have had to watch myself discard my hand card by card. Lost me about three ranked games.
Post automatically merged:

Yes that is the one I commonly encounter. Also the annoying bug in the mulligan screen where I can't even select the cards I want to mulligan.

I just found out there's an achievement to play Shupe with his conditions met in arena.
The deck tracker really changes everything now.

I just tried it and created a really awful deck. I broke the contract after a couple of matches. This is just too boring and simple point playing, worse than the same mode in pre-HC. It's interesting to see how many low strength cards are useless because of missing synergies. So, is CDPR trying to show something with this arena mode? If they are, but also if they are not, I get it. (y)

I am not finding the mimic arena as fun in Homecoming as I did in the beta version. Seems like with so many cards having deploy abilities that can synergize with so many other cards from other factions it is increasingly hard to craft an awful deck and I am consistently getting stuck with putting a good card in the deck and that card has always been the one that looses the game for me. I thought I had a good deck going with no synergies and then the last row of draws I kept getting cards that would help them to much. Seemed in Beta you could really craft some awful decks (the whole point of mimic). However, my opponent seems to consistently give me decks that have zero synergies and half a dozen or more with zero point value and not play value at all. Odd. Guess it is just RNG at its finest.

rrc

Forum veteran
I am not finding the mimic arena as fun in Homecoming as I did in the beta version. Seems like with so many cards having deploy abilities that can synergize with so many other cards from other factions it is increasingly hard to craft an awful deck and I am consistently getting stuck with putting a good card in the deck and that card has always been the one that looses the game for me. I thought I had a good deck going with no synergies and then the last row of draws I kept getting cards that would help them to much. Seemed in Beta you could really craft some awful decks (the whole point of mimic). However, my opponent seems to consistently give me decks that have zero synergies and half a dozen or more with zero point value and not play value at all. Odd. Guess it is just RNG at its finest.
But isn't "Arena = RNG"?

But I understand what you said.. In one of my attempts, I added two Crow's Eye cards and later, I just had to add a Harpy Egg, everything else was even more deadlier. In the game game, my opponent played, guess what? Harpy Egg -> Crow's Eye -> Crow's Eye. I forfeited and Broke the Contract.

Sometimes s**t happens in arena. Either Minic or Not. But Arena is gambling. If you win more than 6 games, you get awesome rewards much much more than what you could get from Standard modes.

Heh... this is so much fun. Crappy decks vs crappy decks. :ROFLMAO:

Some pretty neat combos, too -- sometimes all four cards in a selection are decent or even good.
Decoy on Joachim got me a 1-point Joachim later when the opponent played Stregobor. :p
In another game my opponent managed to draw the only two dwarves in the deck and so got the boost from Dwarven Agitator.

Top Bottom