Do we want a CP77 prologue?

+
A prologue much like the prologue we got for MGS5. a 20-15 buck "demo" with just one missions in a set area with lots of different outcomes just to give the players a taste of what is there to come, just to get our beaks wet, something close to the fallout 1 demo. It would be a nice way for CDPR to collect cash and also give the fans what we want while we wait, and give them further funding. I think its an idea that can be discussed im not saying its a good idea. But one worth exploring.

Last edited:
Doubtful, I do not remember demos being released for the Witcher games, and especially not for money. CDPR would probably not want to sell a fraction of the game early for $15, it is an important part of their PR to avoid practices that are perceived as "greedy".

A prologue much like the prologue we got for MGS5. a 20-15 buck "demo" with just one missions in a set area with lots of different outcomes just to give the players a taste of what is there to come, just to get our beaks wet, something close to the fallout 1 demo. It would be a nice way for CDPR to collect cash and also give the fans what we want while we wait, and give them further funding. I think its an idea that can be discussed im not saying its a good idea. But one worth exploring.
Goddamn NO. We love CDP because they respect us and don't sell cut content as DLC. They have great games, GOG and investors to collect cash, don't turn them in the usual shitty ubisoft/bethesda/EA-type company.

If they want to create a prologue, then it should be part of the game.

On the contrary, I'd like to have some kind of reward for day 1 copies like we had for TW3 (OST, that magnificent letter). But no in-game pre-order bonuses. That's disgusting. I've already pre-ordered the game (had a temporary discount on amazon I had to use) which is something I usually don't do, but I don't want any in-game bonus. Players are all the same and none should be treated better only because they paid more (exclusive content for special editions and stuff like that). I believe CDP will stay the good company we are used to know, we need more of them, not EA/ubisoft/bethesda.

P.S. Plus, if they waste time on a prologue, then the game itself will be further delayed. Better post-launch proper expansions like heatrs of stones (my favourite) and blood and wine.

Last edited:
It's not a bad idea, anyone who played Ground Zeros knows what you mean, it was a vertical slice of what TPP will eventually be, you had night missions, daytime mission, assassinations and hostage rescue mission, and a whole bunch of easter eggs.
They fucked up in marketing it as a full game which I blame it exclusively on Konami executives because they don't know how to run their business.

But yeah, a demo will be nice while we wait.

Making a demo cost money, assets and resources that can be put into the game itself. Asking for a demo is like asking for less polished, less finished and overall inferior end product just to spend an hour or two with another less polished, less finished and overall inferior product. And asking for a paid demo is, I don't know... asking CDPR to stop being a good company that respects their customers and turn into another EA or Bethesda?

It's not a bad idea, anyone who played Ground Zeros knows what you mean, it was a vertical slice of what TPP will eventually be, you had night missions, daytime mission, assassinations and hostage rescue mission, and a whole bunch of easter eggs.
They fucked up in marketing it as a full game which I blame it exclusively on Konami executives because they don't know how to run their business.

But yeah, a demo will be nice while we wait.

i suspect a demo will be released 12-6months after launch, where u start at the beginning of the game making your own character and after the first mission when things start to get interesting the demo ends and if u want to continue you need to buy the game. good way to get people into it.

It would be a nice way for CDPR to collect cash and also give the fans what we want while we wait, and give them further funding. I think its an idea that can be discussed im not saying its a good idea. But one worth exploring.
The idea to pay for a demo is atrocious in and of itself. CDPR would only hit themselves in the foot, PR-wise, and they aren't exactly in the need of money to make such a questionable move.

There is a reason why demos are a thing of the past and at this point they don't even need a demo, because both the CDPR brand and Cyberpunk 2077 are relatively well known by now. Hype management by getting continued media coverage and gameplay videos (like the one we saw already) is how they "give the players a taste of what is there to come".

It was common in the past (maybe 15 years or more ago, but definitely in the 1990's) to release the first chapter(s) of a game as a free demo. However, it is unusual nowadays for AAA titles, perhaps companies are worried that people just play the demo and then not buy the game. I can also imagine the possibility of a free to play multiplayer mode that is released as a separate game, that would then serve as a demo for the (paid) single player campaign, even if it is obviously not the primary purpose.

It was common in the past (maybe 15 years or more ago, but definitely in the 1990's) to release the first chapter(s) of a game as a free demo. However, it is unusual nowadays for AAA titles, perhaps companies are worried that people just play the demo and then not buy the game. I can also imagine the possibility of a free to play multiplayer mode that is released as a separate game, that would then serve as a demo for the (paid) single player campaign, even if it is obviously not the primary purpose.
I've seen recent demos only for games that didn't sell right, like DOOM and watch dogs 2. Other games had pre-order demos and come from shitty companies (anthem and FFXV episode duscae which ridiculously wasbetter than the final release, stupid squarenix). I don't think CDPR will have this problems, they earned a well-deserved thrust from consumers and don't want to lose it with shitty moves.

I do not see anything "shitty" about free demos that let you try the first few hours of a game before deciding to buy it or not (I am not referring to pre-order exclusive early access, that is a different thing).

Brutal Legend demo made me buy the game and the game was the biggest pile of shit i have ever player. I genuinely feel bamboozled by tim schafer. Demos are definitely a double edge sword. But I think CP77 will deliver cause it is an amazing game. The reason for the demo is to get people that usually dont buy RPGs to try it out and maybe through the demo we can convert them.

I do not see anything "shitty" about free demos that let you try the first few hours of a game before deciding to buy it or not (I am not referring to pre-order exclusive early access, that is a different thing).
Never said anything like that o_O

Brutal Legend demo made me buy the game and the game was the biggest pile of shit i have ever player. I genuinely feel bamboozled by tim schafer. Demos are definitely a double edge sword.

To be fair, deceptive marketing can happen regardless of whether a demo is released. It is a valid concern that a developer might put much of the good content in the demo, and then the complete game is a disappointment. Although doing that is also a double edged sword towards the companies, once the word spreads that buying the game is not worth it, many people will only play the demo and sales decrease. In the end, it is best to make a good game in the first place.

I'm not opposed to a prologue, but I'm not paying for it and I can assure you it won't happen. Sv laid out the reasons why already. Demos can actually hurt sales rather than help them, especially if its 15-20 hours and paid content.

I certainly don't. While I'm guilty of buying GZ (and actually liked it more than TPP), I don't want to play DLC/expansions prior to the main game.

They clearly said there wouldn't be neither a demo of any sort nor open beta. Nowadays games don't usually have demos. You don't need one. There's internet. Back in the days people may have needed demos to preview the game, see it's worth it. Even then the demo came after the launch. Now, you go to YT and check gameplays and review, and you know.
As for prologue. It will be in a game. CDPR acts on iron rules of storytelling: A prologue, Acts 1-3 and an epilogue. Why another? Depending on the story, there may be a DLC with some prequel stuff. Let's say what happened to Johnny Silverhand in 2076 or something. We'll see. But that's after the game is released. Not the other way round.

Detroit Become Human also had a free DLC mission . As others have said i don`t think CDPR would charge us for one .

Top Bottom