Sex, Nudity, Discussion of Same - the Whole Ball of Wax.

+

The best sex scene in game is..

• A third person sex scene like in The Witcher, Dragon Age

Votes: 136 26.9%
  • A third person sex scene with quick time event system like in Mass Effect series

Votes: 19 3.8%
  • A sex scene as a mini game

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • A first person perspective view (POV) sex scene where you see a close-up full frontal nudity

Votes: 62 12.3%
  • PG 13 romance scene only

Votes: 8 1.6%
  • Full XXX P0RN, censor nothing

Votes: 172 34.1%
  • A mix of everything, depending on the parther you chooses or the situation you are in

Votes: 71 14.1%
  • Fades to black

Votes: 24 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on that tweet and other information available so far, it will most likely be Witcher 2-3 style non-interactive (but skippable) cutscenes. Also similar levels of what can be seen.

Based on that tweet and other information available so far, it will most likely be Witcher 2-3 style non-interactive (but skippable) cutscenes. Also similar levels of what can be seen.

i think they should add a bit more than that. camera change would be nice.

does It gets too a point where it doesn't even matter anymore ? if your going too show it you may as well show every thing. but I feel that the player should have control what they want too see or not see.

The Larry games of old had a series of questions at the start up to determine how much the game showed.

That’d be neat. :D

I don't know, I just don't really see it adding anything, and when you have so much focus on something that doesn't add nearly as much as the effort it took it just seems weird. The most off putting scene from the 1973 Wicker Man movie isn't the human sacrifice or orgy scenes, it is a prolonged close up of 2 slugs mating. That scene actually serves a narrative purpose, but could have been served just as well without becoming weird by not fixating on it. It is just too much focus on something relatively trivial.

There does seem to be a double standard when it comes to video game genitalia. You can have a massive penis like in Conan Exiles but a vagina has to be covered by pubic hair. God forbid if you have a vagina on an NPC like in Watch Dogs 2 be prepared to remove it to prevent being removed from stores.

So my question is: Will Cyberpunk 2077 break the taboo and be the the first game to normalize video game vaginas by giving them to V and other female NPCs or will they be censored

In the end whats the big deal. We all have genitalia. It doesn't make sense to censor one over the other

I'm pretty sure there was full frontal nudity in the demo, and CDPR has already said full frontal nudity will be in the game. So, yeah.

It... depends.

If they want to get it past the ESRB? Probably not; Conan Exiles was pushing the envelop pretty hard with its content and probably only got away with it because it was part of Conan the Barbarian. The Witcher series only got away with it because of legacy; the first Witcher was originally censored in America because of the ESRB.

I'm pretty certain they're going to put their foot down hard on "too much" nudity. So, expect a vag to be covered by hair and any male equipment to be flaccid.

Nudity being appropriate always seems arbitrary. There's colonies of nudists and nude beaches but then everywhere else (depending on country) everyone sees it as a crime.

It should only be inappropriate when a naked person puts their butt nasties on a chair. Since this is a digital experience WHO CARES.

It should only be inappropriate when a naked person puts their butt nasties on a chair. Since this is a digital experience WHO CARES.

I know this is rhetorical, but there is a serious answer.

The ESRB, parents of certain leanings, a lot of educators, some psychologists, and so on. The list of who cares is rather extensive :p

:ROFLMAO:

LOL. I never could understand the fascination for 'bumping pixels' in a video game, yet it seems to be important to some. And that's fine by me, what ever makes you happy. On the other hand, I'm all for the nudity thing, I'm good with that. But just because there is nudity, doesn't mean there has to be sex. Or 'bumping pixels'...or what ever. :eek:

Havent been around for awhile but has the cybernetic prehensile mantis penis implant been confirmed?

Yes but the devs are worried about it getting caught up with the mantis vagina , if those two get locked up V would be stuck for hours .

What I've always wanted to see is if your player is in a relationship with a companion, that companion gets bonus abilities in combat. Like if your V is really low on health, the companion goes into full berserk mode etc

Also, I wonder if you'll be able to customize male V's doodle size like in Saints Row lol

Last edited:
Don't know if they can implement that on consoles, as it'll likely get the game an AO rating with full frontal nudity. On PC it'll be fine.

I think that it's okay to enjoy something as smutty for its own sake; that's a part of life. CD Projekt Red aims to make this a mature title about a dark future. Because sex is such a big part of life, it's fine to include it in a brutally honest way, just as we do with violence, extreme psychological states, gore, and the struggle to succeed in a dystopia.

On top of the smuttiness, take that or leave it, I think that portraying all aspects of sexuality reveals something about the characters' experiences. This gives us a better window into the cloying search for satisfaction in the characters' present and redemption from their pasts. Sex can be a powerful experience, and the simple, smutty pleasure can help to buoy someone (e.g. V) against their inner demons, giving them strength in the moment to grow. Sex is also a strong enough desire to dement a person; having sex is, in many ways, a reprieve from wanting sex, which can give someone room to change, too.

If immersion is the goal, censoring a powerful part of the experience works against that. If relating to what is happening with the character is the goal, censoring a powerful experience of theirs works against that.

I think that if the sex doesn't sacrifice any other part of the game, then it can only add, as long as it's optional and fits well into an overall tasteful experience (even if that tastefulness is used to portray something arguably ugly).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom