What is your biggest fear regarding CP2077

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
My worst fear is that CDPR spends so much time and effort learning to make a shooter that they forget to make what everyone's actually looking forward to. If the story/characters are lacking just to have halfway decent gunplay, we've already got a dozen games for just that. Like most people have said, I don't actually think 2077 will disappoint. But hey we were asked for worst fears.

sara.jpg

I'd like to feel what she does. My fear is that the game won't provide enough tension to do so.

My biggest fear is I have to buy new cpu, motherboard, memory etc. to play this game with better than low settings.

oh my friend that is almost guaranteed. but why dont u do yourself a favor and just buy the next xbox or ps5 its both cheaper and u get the best bang for the buck experience. and also u get so sit on a comfy sofa and game.

For the record I am not expecting this, but my worst fear is that the net isn't put together with any complexity and is mostly just relegated to opening some doors and getting an additional dialogue option here and there. We have seen so little and they especially made a point of restating the work in progress bit when touching on that part which feels a bit like they are giving room to simplify it if they can't put together a big idea in time.

For the record I am not expecting this, but my worst fear is that the net isn't put together with any complexity and is mostly just relegated to opening some doors and getting an additional dialogue option here and there. We have seen so little and they especially made a point of restating the work in progress bit when touching on that part which feels a bit like they are giving room to simplify it if they can't put together a big idea in time.

my suggestion years back was script kiddie lite stuff but i was shot down. but i think the net should not just be combat in cyberspace. but something harder and if u can't do it there is always combat. it just adds another layer of awesomeness doing it this way. and "leet" cp77 players can finish the game fully in net.

my suggestion years back was script kiddie lite stuff but i was shot down. but i think the net should not just be combat in cyberspace. but something harder and if u can't do it there is always combat. it just adds another layer of awesomeness doing it this way. and "leet" cp77 players can finish the game fully in net.
I don't need super complex, I am fine with what they implied/sort of showed in the gameplay reveal, there was a whole network for that gang that theoretically could be explored and utilized more than what was actively shown and even what they showed goes beyond what most games do. My fear is more that it will be simpler than what was demonstrated because it felt like they were buffering expectations by saying "something like this, but not necessarily this."

EDIT: I guess my definition of "complexity" is mostly, are there actual networks with stuff in them or is it just like most games where there are some doors, cameras, and email accounts but each is essentially an independent thing. Cyberpunk is a world with all sorts of devices communicating with each other, yet few if any cyberpunk (genre) games have any sort of network.

arzer

Forum regular
What are your system specs if you don't mind me asking?
fx-8300 @3.8ghz, 12 gb ram, gtx 1060 6gb. I can play pretty much any game I have at high/very high settings with this setup, but old cpu is still the bottleneck.
oh my friend that is almost guaranteed. but why dont u do yourself a favor and just buy the next xbox or ps5 its both cheaper and u get the best bang for the buck experience. and also u get so sit on a comfy sofa and game.
Yeah, consoles are great but I can't do any programming or pixel art with them so that's a no from me.

Guest 4310777

My biggest fear is I have to buy new cpu, motherboard, memory etc. to play this game with better than low settings.

I just built a new comp. All set for hardware now, will just have to upgrade the graphics card eventually.. wonder if cyberpunk will be supporting any of the new raytracing tech

My fear is that there isn't really as much choice in the story as everyone has been claiming. I mean I've read articles about how the team is working really hard to implement a lot of choice, but I truly think it will be difficult. So far I have only played 1 game that has a lot of choices it takes into account, and that's Detroit Become Human. The web of choices after each chapter was ridiculous. Detroit was a linear game for the most part. Cyberpunk is an open world game where the Devs want side quest to affect the main quest in some way. I don't see it happening; just like no loading screens, I don't see that happening as well. They claimed witcher 3 would have no loading screens. I know the game will be a great game no matter what. But like with most games, it'll fall short of the hype.

My biggest fear is Bullet Sponginess. Since it is a RPG, this tend to happen =(
Weapon stats vs enemy health and resistance etc can result in immersion breakin experience.

It's similar to borderland at this point
Post automatically merged:

I'm curious about how RPG will be Cyberpunk.

Is it more like The Witcher where we play a defined personality (with some light difference) or more like a The Elder Scroll-like with a high RP possibility (+ big main story because heh it's CD Projekt)

Last edited:
Nothing for the game but as for the series, they remain too underground, dont get me wrong I like underground IPs like the next guy but this kind of game is in risk of dying too if they fall too far into it, so with this kind of IP they should aim at Hollywood etc. Yeah, theres thin line to walk, they gotta be on both sides, if you know what I mean, they need to counter the "underground" feel, you see. This series isnt going to as easy as Witcher I bet, Wticher series was easy as Fantasy is strong in game industry. Interesting to see what kind of welcoming party this IP gets so to speak.

Last edited:
I do not think this game will really be underground, from what I have seen, it is generally expected to sell better than The Witcher 3. It seems to offer much of what made GTA V successful, while still being unique with the cyberpunk setting and lore.

I do not think this game will really be underground, from what I have seen, it is generally expected to sell better than The Witcher 3. It seems to offer much of what made GTA V successful, while still being unique with the cyberpunk setting and lore.

Well. Deux Ex didnt exactly take off, and it came from Square Enix, not most famous or hated more like neutral company like CD Projekt Red. This game needs another "kick".

Nothing for the game but as for the series, they remain too underground, dont get me wrong I like underground IPs like the next guy but this kind of game is in risk of dying too if they fall too far into it, so with this kind of IP they should aim at Hollywood etc. Yeah, theres thin line to walk, they gotta be on both sides, if you know what I mean, they need to counter the "underground" feel, you see. This series isnt going to as easy as Witcher I bet, Wticher series was easy as Fantasy is strong in game industry. Interesting to see what kind of welcoming party this IP gets so to speak.
after TW3 being game of the year in 2015 and blood and wine a possible contender in 2016, there's no risk about this as shown by this award:

On the contrary the real risk is too much hype being disappointed, now people demand a GOTY contender and sometimes are asking too much (look at some unrealistic requests in this forum as well).
Post automatically merged:

Square Enix, not most famous or hated more like neutral company like CD Projekt Red.
I don't know, they were loved for old FF, now people are starting to hate it, the only good thing they made recently is the tomb raider reboot series and hitman (and sold io interactive, so no more hitman from them). Deus Ex HR is a great game, MD is not that good (and runs like shit on consoles because they didn't optimize it at all).

Last edited:
Well. Deux Ex didnt exactly take off, and it came from Square Enix, not most famous or hated more like neutral company like CD Projekt Red. This game needs another "kick".

The difference is that CP2077 does not only rely on it being "cyberpunk" to be successful, and in terms of gameplay, it is a fairly mainstream genre (open world action RPG), rather than a stealth focused/immersive sim type of game which are relatively niche. The way I see it, The Witcher 3 was CDPR's answer to Skyrim, while Cyberpunk 2077 will be their "GTA V". But both games have their own unique flavor with Slavic fantasy and cyberpunk, and of course CDPR's quality of storytelling.

I see your points guys, but better to be sure than sorry. I would built "counter" inside the IP just in case of things start to go south and take more pop culture approach if needed. Also I speak about the series, not the game only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom