Suggestion: Clarify the "battle between two armies" vision and implementation

+
Two major points:
- For a battle between two armies, I envision units fighting each other, sometimes using artifacts and spells.
- For maximum creativity, possibilities, strategic choices and overall interestingness, maximization of the amount of possible interactions is important.

Currently there are several abilities and mechanics that actually do the opposite. Some major examples:
- Artifacts: The fact that artifacts don't need units to work makes no sense, unless they're robot warriors. Their removal is binary. Very limited unit interactions.
- Immunity: No targeted damage possible - no unit interactions, no fight between units. Nothing should be immune. If it bleeds, we can kill it.
- Usurper: Removing opponent's leader abilities - Completely removing leader - unit interactions.

It's all so binary/conditional. Can we think of something better, perhaps:
- Artifacts: There are interesting suggestions for artifacts on this forum (give them armor, charge only when a unit is played next to it).
- Immunity: Instead of immunity, why not give units more interesting abilities; armor, resistance (reducing damage received) or regeneration when damaged?
Let Eredin give a unit some frost armor to protect it. Lore-friendly, less binary and more fun.
- Usurper: Change this dude's abilities into something creative instead of (literally) uncreative.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
Sure, but if you’re painting a picture, it would be good to have some more different colors paint wouldn’t it?

But there are only 3 primary colors and if you do not think of mixing those to create a new spectrum of colors then your creativity is indeed lacking.

PS. I have no idea whether I am actually agreeing or arguing here. :confused:

But there are only 3 primary colors and if you do not think of mixing those to create a new spectrum of colors then your creativity is indeed lacking.

PS. I have no idea whether I am actually agreeing or arguing here. :confused:
You have the right idea and therefore you obviously agree, because creating colors is a bit difficult if you only have black and white.

Nothing should be immune. If it bleeds, we can kill it.
Thats the point about Immunity: It doesnt bleed.

I welcome any idea of how this "two armies collide" thing should develop in the future, but i am really pessimistic about it. I dont think there should be a battlefield or to armies. It was always a fight between to factions (not armies), they use whatever benefits them. Guerilla for Scia'tell, Big Monsters or Spies for Nilfgaard are a much better way to keep the spirit of faction identity than one Army for each faction.
If you want to keep a battlefield i woud suggest 3 rows, because 2 are more like the actual frontbattle, not the hole field.

I wouldnt touch immunity, but I agree at artifact (any changes) and Ursurper.

Top Bottom