A little news (of sorts)

+
I've been to the movies lately. Spiderman: Into the Spider Verse. Awesome! At the movies in Poland you can watch the ads block before the movie (as everyhere else) Trailers and shit. But, there were two distinct ads. Ads by Polish currency exchange service Cinkciarz. pl. There wouldn't be a news whatsoever if not for two things. First: They were very "cyberpunk" in style. Second: They starred DEXTER FUCKING DESHAWN! Unfortunately, my googlefu is not advanced enough to track them in the net to link them or any part of them. And I'm not that guy who camcords shit at the movies. By the way, Polish word "cinkciarz" you sort of can translate as "fixer". But that's a coincidence, as the company is on the market longer than CP2077.

I'm guessing what you're trying to say is that some company appropriated CP2077 (illegally?) characters/font to make a flashy ad for themselves?

I'm guessing what you're trying to say is that some company appropriated CP2077 (illegally?) characters/font to make a flashy ad for themselves?
While that seems likely, surely these Polish companies would know better than to steal IP assets from CDPR?

On the contrary. That's probably a part of the promo campaign. Probably both companies are working together. They made similar ads with diffrent games, Forza Horizon 4, for example. Whatever it is it's neither unauthorized nor coincidental. It sucks I can't put a link to that ads.

By the way, Polish word "cinkciarz" you sort of can translate as "fixer". But that's a coincidence, as the company is on the market longer than CP2077.
"Cinkciarz" is a slang term (a deformation of the phrase "money exchange") that means somebody who exchanges money. At the time (during the World War 2 and the Cold War period) it meant an illegal activity. Private money exchange became legal somewhere around 1989.

"Cinkciarz" is a slang term (a deformation of the phrase "money exchange") that means somebody who exchanges money. At the time (during the World War 2 and the Cold War period) it meant an illegal activity. Private money exchange became legal somewhere around 1989.

Hence "sort of" :)

Is this the Add. I do not speak Polish but it looks Cyberpunk2077. If the link does not work it is on cinkciarz.pl official twitter page.

http://instagr.am/p/Br5FjnfgE42/

I've been to the movies lately. Spiderman: Into the Spider Verse. Awesome! At the movies in Poland you can watch the ads block before the movie (as everyhere else) Trailers and shit. But, there were two distinct ads. Ads by Polish currency exchange service Cinkciarz. pl. There wouldn't be a news whatsoever if not for two things. First: They were very "cyberpunk" in style. Second: They starred DEXTER FUCKING DESHAWN! Unfortunately, my googlefu is not advanced enough to track them in the net to link them or any part of them. And I'm not that guy who camcords shit at the movies. By the way, Polish word "cinkciarz" you sort of can translate as "fixer". But that's a coincidence, as the company is on the market longer than CP2077.

This music video has CD Projekt Red written all over it. Witcher Dude Face Scar, Chick with blackened down face etc. All kind of cyber technology stuff, eye implants etc. Flying cars.

Cyberpunk is coming, this time we will not fail! List is long, Matrix, Deus Ex etc. None of them has been capable to crack it. Dont get me wrong though Matrix was huge in movie industry but failed in game industry.

Last edited:
Is this the Add. I do not speak Polish but it looks Cyberpunk2077.
It may look CP, but there is absolutely no connection between this ad and CP77, nor does Cinkciarz.pl have any links to CDPR, save for both companies originating from Poland.

It may look CP, but there is absolutely no connection between this ad and CP77, nor does Cinkciarz.pl have any links to CDPR, save for both companies originating from Poland.

Thank you for the comment. I know that the two companies have nothing to do with each other. I just wanted to know if this was the add that atomowyturysta was refering to in their post.

Well. It's cyberpunk as fuck. The guy looks veru similar to Dexter and both companies have nothing in common except for they may work together sometimes. Let's say they can join forces to promote both a game and a company.

While I'm glad this mystery is finally solved, I'm left disappointed because it has nothing to do with CP2077 and I was foaming at the mouth for this to be some secret advertisement campaign. Alas, imagination rarely meets reality in a satisfying way. v_v

Well. It's cyberpunk as fuck. The guy looks veru similar to Dexter and both companies have nothing in common except for they may work together sometimes. Let's say they can join forces to promote both a game and a company.

You guys are so new to the media industry, they copy each other alot. When Fallout 76 was about to launch, new Mission Impossible Movie was called "Fallout", Overwatch has Soldier 76 character, there was even a song about Fallout's Jumpsuit. Thats the thing if community isnt good, like give ideas, companies will copy each other. Only way to stop them copying each other is to give ideas, shortly. Fans comes before their competitive nature, luckily, this maybe vary between different companies though, like EA is said to give a damn about their fans, marktting/competitiviness goes before fans.

Last edited:
You guys are so new to the media industry, they copy each other alot. When Fallout 76 was about to launch, new Mission Impossible Movie was called "Fallout", Overwatch has Soldier 76 character, there was even a song about Fallout's Jumpsuit. Thats the thing if community isnt good, like give ideas, companies will copy each other. Only way to stop them copying each other is to give ideas, shortly. Fans comes before their competitive nature, luckily, this maybe vary between different companies though, like EA is said to give a damn about their fans, marktting/competitiviness goes before fans.

This. Or in all those examples there's a product placement.
Either way, I found this intriguing.

Top Bottom