Golden Chest glitch and xbox achievement

+
Previously, there was a golden chest on the opening map of Thronebreaker that didn't register as being collected toward the "collect all golden chests" achievement. I've finished the game, so now that support has assured me this bug has been fixed... am I able to just replay the opening map and collect all the chests and it will open? Or do I actually have to play through the entire game again?

In a similar vein, I missed one letter during my playthrough from not getting vengeance on the nilfgaardians who triggered the avalanche in Mahakam. Can I just replay that map and collect the letter to unlock the "read all letters" achievement or do I have to start the game over?

@River-Twain and @4RM3D, any idea?

any idea?

You can reload a previous chapter, but all your progress beyond that will be lost. That means you would have to replay the game from that point onward, unless the achievement triggers retroactively.

That's like an extra 20 hours of time for a glitched achievement. I have in-game screenshots showing I got them all but the counter was glitched.

This is incredibly frustrating.
Post automatically merged:

Considering the problems and glitches with Gwent's Homecoming update and Thronebreaker's release, I think the lesson I've learned here is not to buy CDPR products when they release. Maybe wait a 6 months or until after some significant updates and a sale.
Post automatically merged:

Just slammed through the first map, got all 10, and the achievement didn't unlock. Guess I'm screwed and have to literally play the entire game again. :cautious::rolleyes:

Screenshot_20190117-012904_Xbox.jpg

Last edited:
@4RM3D - Luckily I found out you can skip battles in the Adventurer mode, so this still took hours, but it didn't take 20. I wish you would have brought this up when I raised this issue.

BUT NOW: I have unlocked all the achievements in the game except for "Living Legend" and this achievement is just flat out broken. 0.00% of players have unlocked it, and the only prerequisite is unlocking all other achievements (which I've done). Is this a known issue, and if so, is there a fix for this bug is on the way?

LivingLegendAchievementBroken.PNG

@4RM3D - Luckily I found out you can skip battles in the Adventurer mode, so this still took hours, but it didn't take 20. I wish you would have brought this up when I raised this issue.

I didn't even realize that was possible because I was playing on the hardest difficulty. Good to know, when I need to catch up on an achievement.

Is this a known issue, and if so, is there a fix for this bug is on the way?

You can directly contact support and report the bug.

I have unlocked all the achievements in the game except for "Living Legend" and this achievement is just flat out broken. 0.00% of players have unlocked it, and the only prerequisite is unlocking all other achievements (which I've done). is there a fix for this bug is on the way? I've already reported this to support but they've not given me any information.

LivingLegendAchievementBroken.png

I have experienced the sort same glitches on PS4. In Aedin I collected 9 chests, but the counter says 7 of 9.
Here is the response from support:

"We are aware of the issue and looking into it.
I am afraid that the counter bug affects the Tax Collector trophy.
I apologize for the inconvenience caused."

When I asked if there is a plan to fix this so I won't have to restart again, I got this:
"I am unable to tell you if this will be included in the next patch. All I know is that the issue is worked on and is planned to be addressed."

I really appreciate the hard work everybody does, and these bugs/glitches arn't gamebreaking... but they are really, really annoying.

Top Bottom