When the Scoia'tael is beaten to death and is on the verge of genocide..

+

rrc

Forum veteran
Schirru might see a small tweak.
Here comes the final blow. The final nail in the coffin may be. The only way an ST can even think of winning is with Shirru (who can brick in many games too) and he 'might see a small tweak'. We all know what a tweak will do to an ST Elf. Probably time to switch to some other factions as the main/beloved faction?

My question is, why does CDPR hate ST this much? :cry::cry::cry:

Schirrú requires support cards and he doesn't fit in every deck, meaning he's not an auto-include or the savior of ST. Though, I'll have to admit he can be a bit daunting sometimes. Regardless, we need more buffs and less nerfs.

Lexor

Forum veteran
"Tweak" word doesn't mean per se it will be something "negative" - it can be some positive change as well.

rrc

Forum veteran
"Tweak" word doesn't mean per se it will be something "negative" - it can be some positive change as well.
Yes. The word 'Tweak' doesn't mean 'negative'. But in the context (ST Elf) and the question for which it was answered like that, it is most definitely a 'negative' one. I can almost feel it o_O
Schirrú requires support cards and he doesn't fit in every deck, meaning he's not an auto-include or the savior of ST. Though, I'll have to admit he can be a bit daunting sometimes. Regardless, we need more buffs and less nerfs.
Yes, he doesn't fit every deck. But he is the only way an ST deck can be Tier 2 (or bordering on Tear 1.5).

Yes, he doesn't fit every deck. But he is the only way an ST deck can be Tier 2 (or bordering on Tear 1.5).

I may disagree. Since he is boring I don't play with Schirru, easy to counter as well I do expect him in any ST deck. I play a ST moverscorch deck without him that is definately stronger then a Schirru deck wants to be. So, this deck of mine must be tier 1 then? Anyway, I don't take the Tier categorisation serious at all.

The main problem with the game is most unit powers are nearly the same (3-4-5), cards like Schirru and artifacts are fine themselves, but if your all board are four base-power creatures, you let this one card gain insane value. As for spear, when one ping cancels %25 board value of a 4 power card and helps destroy most engines that have even less power, its effect on board on long rounds (which is expected with 3 card draw each round) is substantial. Devs should diversify/buff unit powers instead of trying to change each card/effect that is only a result, not the reason, of the real problem.

I may disagree. Since he is boring I don't play with Schirru, easy to counter as well I do expect him in any ST deck. I play a ST moverscorch deck without him that is definately stronger then a Schirru deck wants to be. So, this deck of mine must be tier 1 then? Anyway, I don't take the Tier categorisation serious at all.
Boring isn't the word I would have used for Schirrú. You really have to make all of your play around him, build him with hand buffs and Str manipulation ect.
In fact he's one of the most interesting card to play with (not to play against though).

Unless you were saying "boring" in the sense that he's not original and very commonly seen, which also work.

Last edited:
The only way an ST can even think of winning is with Shirru (who can brick in many games too) and he 'might see a small tweak'. We all know what a tweak will do to an ST Elf. Probably time to switch to some other factions as the main/beloved faction?

The only way is pushing it. The only reason Schirru fits ST control builds so well is because he can create large point swings. The entire meta revolves around large point swings. Without large point swing cards you probably will not win consistently. Unfortunately, ST doesn't have a ton of other cards capable of reliably creating the necessary huge swings. Usually you have to run to neutrals to get them otherwise.

Personally, I'd prefer ST get some type of over-haul. Specifically, the bronze cards and lack of any great short round cards within the faction. Most importantly, the fact half the card pool requires running a high number of similar type units.

Eh, it's probably closer to 1.5. Well, at least Brouver feels like it. Eithne feels like a weaker version of Brouver, despite the high provisions. Fran can work well depending on the build. I haven't seen or played Fila in a while so won't comment on it.

Handbuff dwarves is a cool concept, but suffers because people have an anti-Woodlands card like Higher Vamp or Yrden. These 2 cards also happen to ruin dwarves' day.

Resilience is an interesting mechanic but rarely played. Maybe it needs a buff?

I don't see the issue. time was a month back Eithne decks were unfairly sweeping every game *shrug* Time they sit back for a while

That were mostly neutral based...

It wasn't the only strong deck either. Worthy of adjustment due to the oppressiveness, absolutely. Worthy of getting nerfed into the ground over reddit tears, not so much. Thankfully the prov update helped shift it back to at least be able to run a ton of good cards.

rrc

Forum veteran
That were mostly neutral based...
Yes. Exactly. HC was never broken due to an ST card. It was due to neutral cards. But I can name at least one card from every other faction. And from one of the factions, easily more than one cards .

Yes. Exactly. HC was never broken due to an ST card. It was due to neutral cards. But I can name at least one card from every other faction. And from one of the factions, easily more than one cards .

Oddly, most decks are carrying a lot of neutrals at the moment.

rrc

Forum veteran
Oddly, most decks are carrying a lot of neutrals at the moment.
Not SKs. They have enough broken auto-include faction cards that they don't need neutral cards. Considerably less than other factions.
Post automatically merged:

I sincerely hope Eldain's ability is something like "Order: Play a trap from your deck. On round start recharge his ability". Then he will be super strong (probably the strongest in the game) and people will complaint so hard that CDPR will wield the NerfHammer and kill Eldain (Play a bronze trap from your deck once in a game). But at least let ST be strong and formidable for a few weeks.

Last edited:
Not SKs. They have enough broken auto-include faction cards that they don't need neutral cards. Considerably less than other factions.

I mean... MC Spear, Unicorn/Chiro, Blue Meme, Professional, Higher Vampire, Witchers, Bomb Heaver, Yrden, Bekker's, Gimpy.... Possibly Ifrit, Lacerate or Wolf Pack (one of the perks to being able to thin so hard... you can carry bad cards and toss them), depending on the build. All of those might not be in every deck but it's a long list of neutral cards finding their ways into every deck.

rrc

Forum veteran
ST Ambassador's Actual Words
"I am not going to play ST after next patch"
"I don't know how I would play ST after next patch"
"Its not about fitting Schirru in the deck. It is about ST having a win condition"
"RIP Schirru"
"The only chance for ST is Eldain being very good"

Well done CDPR! I know it is still early to tell without knowing fully about the changes, but Schirru killing himself (a significant nerf) is the final nail in the coffin which is already shut firmly.

Top Bottom