Ranked-Checkpoint system

+

Should ranked gameplay have a Checkpoint system ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, since some people already posted a question whether this should be implemented, devs have not said anything specific. So I would like to raise some more awareness on the forums, such that if there are more people raising their dissatisfaction with the current system, devs could probaly react to it and implement changes in the next season.

Having reached rank 3, I encounter more and more opponents running similar decks to stay ahead in competition. I wouldn't actually argue against it, provided that the competition was healthy, however it makes less sence, since once rank 0 has been reached you have to grind to retain the rank and stay in top 500. With other words, ranking feels useless since the only reward you get is but a few extra R-points, for those dedicated enough to grind without ever changing their deck.

Checkpoint system, as others have mentioned would encourage more players to participate in ranked, since it would minimize the downside risk of losing a rank, while keeping the upside risk unchaged.
It will be easier to find matches, since players would be more evenly divided between brackets. Casual mode would loose its purpose as it should, since the game mode doesent do anything but keeping the player base divided and induce queuing time.

Last edited:
Do devs have any plans on changing current temporary system, or current system is not temporary and they initialy planned it to be permament?

I'm asking because there are no rewards for ranking up aside of a few little Reward Points, and most of those who care about being top in ladder, have 200+ of these points, not mentioning milions of scraps from Beta...

So I'd imagine that current system's been meant to be temporary, and we just don't know how will look the real one... Or maybe it was meant to look like this...

Burza has said that checkpoint is what devs currently are discussing, without being more specific than this. However I agree that reward points feel a bit weak as reward for all this grind - its bsically 12 kegs for reaching rank 0. or 7 kegs for reaching rank 7-1.

- Okay I take it back 7 or 12 kegs are quite good as rewards in comparison with Hearthstone.

Last edited:
I'd like to see better rewards and better keg contents. I've opened about 30 barrels this week and got 4 gold cards in that 150. Just went from lvl 13 to lvl 12 and got....nothing. Even some feathers would be nice! It's also very hard to build 4 decent decks with the cost of cards. I've only got one usable MO deck, so my MMR sucks!!

The mosaics just aren't rewarding.

I get my fulfillment from playing the game, however ranking could use a bit more diversification in matchups, which I belive a checkpoint system would achieve. The lack of players playing at higher ranks is particually apparent with high queuing times. Not only is it a pain the … to rank up, but actually finding a match, this is a no-go.

I'd like to see better rewards and better keg contents. I've opened about 30 barrels this week and got 4 gold cards in that 150. Just went from lvl 13 to lvl 12 and got....nothing. Even some feathers would be nice! It's also very hard to build 4 decent decks with the cost of cards. I've only got one usable MO deck, so my MMR sucks!!

The mosaics just aren't rewarding.
The problem is that if you are actually hitting up higher ranks, you probably have enough good cards and decks that you wont need the additional rewards from ranks much.

The problem is that if you are actually hitting up higher ranks, you probably have enough good cards and decks that you wont need the additional rewards from ranks much.
But reward points and also ore/scraps are currency for future. Hoarding it will give you opportunity to use the new cards immidiately after release. Such as promised leaders or rumored Seasonal trees.

Hmm, good point. My issue is i have ONE good deck! I can't create much else 'cos I spent a lot making this one good, but without at least one other I'll be stuck with a crappy MMR!! As I say, I've got to lvl 12, have no inclination (or ability) to get into a lvl 7+ but could do with a few options so I could enjoy the game more. Oh, and I don't really want to spend $100 doing it.

But reward points and also ore/scraps are currency for future. Hoarding it will give you opportunity to use the new cards immidiately after release. Such as promised leaders or rumored Seasonal trees.

Yes, but I am willing to bet that 90% of 5 and higher rank players have so much that they don`t know what to do with them.

Hmm, good point. My issue is i have ONE good deck! I can't create much else 'cos I spent a lot making this one good, but without at least one other I'll be stuck with a crappy MMR!! As I say, I've got to lvl 12, have no inclination (or ability) to get into a lvl 7+ but could do with a few options so I could enjoy the game more. Oh, and I don't really want to spend $100 doing it.

This is the problem really. If someone is competitive enough to care about ranking up, they should not really do it solely for the rewards. In pretty much all of the other games ranking up does not reward the players with anything other than a title or something. I get the reason, but from the perspective of a casual player who barely reaches ranks 20, I do not think the reward system should be so that high rank players get huge rewards that is out of the reach of people like me.
Just imagine someone at rank 5 getting 20 reward points and I get 2. I wonder who needs those rewards points the most...?
They can just give out stuff like Arena entry tickets, premium version of cards or powder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom