Crashing as soon as i open

+
I used to be able to play old gwent on my laptop but now as soon as it opens it will close itself

Does your laptop meet the minimum requirements? They changed with Homecoming.
1548348321679.png

I used to be able to play old gwent on my laptop but now as soon as it opens it will close itself

When you talk about old Gwent, that means you haven't run Homecoming successfully on your laptop yet? Then it might also be worth to do a full clean install.
  1. Be sure the game is not installed under Program Files or Program Files(x86) and set up the .EXE files of Galaxy and Gwent to "Run as administrator".
  2. Try to reinstall the game and manually remove the following folders (back up your Thronebreaker save games before that!):
    1. "C:\Users\<Your username>\AppData\Local\Temp\CDProjektRED"
    2. "C:\Users\<Your username>\AppData\LocalLow\CDProjektRED"
  3. Remove/disable all third party overlay applications (e.g. FRAPS, RivaTuner).
  4. Try a verify / repair through GOG Galaxy and ensure Galaxy itself is up to date.
  5. Install / repair redistributables that come wit the game (DirectX, Visual Studio, etc.).
  6. Disable your virus protection software / firewall.
  7. Close all background applications, especially Chrome (and other resource-consuming apps).
  8. If this doesn't fix things, run a dxdiag with the 64-bit option selected and send the results to CDPR Support along with a brief description of the issue.

Top Bottom