GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy birthday, again, @Burza46 !

I finally have a little question for the Devs: How are Scoia'tael Dwarf cards performing in ranked and casual, from your perspective?

There are a few I never really see in play, and thus am curious about their inclusion rates and use. In particular, I'm thinking of Zoltan Chivay, Xavier Moran, Barclay Els, Yarpen Zigrin, and Mahakam Guard. These chaps seem not to get much exercise, at least in my experience as an infrequent player at rank 15. How are the lads faring?

Well they do see play in the Filavandrel buff deck.

Hello @Burza46

- Will the Bald Stripes Commando ever get changed to the Masked Stripes Commando?

- What is your opinion on damage in the game at the moment? Too much, too little or good enough? Personally I believe it is a bit too much/too accessible.

- Are NR buffs coming this patch?

- I believe cards like Hubert Rejk and Glutsy have an "wow" factor and make the player happy/excited when playing them, a lot is very grounded in Gwent at the moment, do you feel the same? Like we should have more viable "wow" effect cards in the game.

Awesome stream yesterday, awesome leader reveal and awesome game, good work. The developers seem very competent, quick to see problems and clever fixes, I am happy for the future of Gwent. My only wish is we get a more of army building through smart play and synergy Gwent than remove everything Gwent. Kill everything is not what Gwent is, not its soul, core or essence and it is way too frequent now, there is no skill in removing all cards your opponent plays, it doesn't provoke any thinking or skill expression and it should matter to the creators of the game. No smart plays and no strategy in that. Thanks to everyone there for creating Gwent standalone, loved it since Witcher 3 and I will always support it, the devs listen to feedback and know what to do, only good and clever changes every patch since HC hit.

1) not planned
2) We feel it's quite good ATM
3) Nope
4) More wow is needed for sure, but we'll slowly getting there :)

1) Is the Wild Boar title a reward from a node or a reward for completing the entire tree?

2) Can the Thronebreaker leaders also be crafted? If yes, do they cost scraps only or scraps and powder?

3) Will Gwent be supported by the PSN name change feature that is coming soon?

Great stream Burza and Jason, appreciate the leeks. Awesome changes to the game and amazing ability for Arnjolf, the devs did an outstanding job.

1) Node
2) They can be crafted like any leader
3) We'll have to confirm, cause I don't know ;)

Burza is there any known reason that arena mode would crash way more often than ranked / casual? I always felt like that was the case and just today it crashed while trying to pick which arena mode I wanted (my first crash in probably over a month but also the first time I've played arena in a while) and then crashed again while trying to load into my first game.

Is it more RAM intensive or something? I will say crashing right after building a deck to go 0-1 feels really bad.

That's weird, pls contact support and send your logs!

[Not questions.]

3.Can you give a rough estimation about how many reward points needed for yearly reward book & season reward book to complete them, or at least achieving some unique reward slot in them? I'm hoarding 100+ reward points too afraid to spend them because I don't want to miss out special and time limited rewards, and I feel like that is not good for Gwent if everyone just saving reward points and not spending

Here's how you can unlock the boar board, that's 50 reward points.

Przechwytywanie.JPG

Hi Burza,

1. Will we be able to turn our base set kegs into expansion kegs when it hits? With a full collection it seems like the best way to use them.
2. Can you give an estimation of how many scraps will be required to craft all cards in the expansion (normal/premium)?
3. Would it be possible to show winrates based on day/season/ever and deck/leader in the player profile? I know it's more motivating for players to see how much they won but I think seeing their winrates would be very interesting for a lot of people (maybe only show them when you reached a certain milestone).

1. Nope
2. Too early for that
3. I'll pass on the idea to the team

Weren't we supposed to have the 4th leader revealed today (or yesterday, since its past midnight where i am)?

Only 4 days left in January, how are you guys gonna do 2 leader reveals + update launch? Is the last leader, Gernichora, being revealed in the same day as the update?

(Sorry for putting the pressure guys, but you said you were gonna be more transparent about your process moving forward)

We still have time before the patch, so no worries ;)

Paweł, you wrote in another post that there are no buffs for NR in upcoming patch. May I ask why? I think most people would agree that NR as a whole is underperforming right now. It seems to be the least played faction in all modes, it took last place in faction challenge and even pro players are avoiding this faction like fire. If you look at top of pro ladder, nobody in top 10 even finished they placement matches with NR... That says a lot. So why no love for Northern Realms?

Last edited:
Hello dear Burza, are you guys planning on bringing the wild hunt+frost archetype back at some point? I've seen so many people that want them back and im one of them. They were so cool and lore friendly. Biting frost is useless without those big guys :)

GWENT : the witcher card game

do you plan to make GWENT ... seperated from witcher universe in someday (as a way to add characters from other CDproject's games) - no portals -
or it will be always, GWENT : the witcher card game?

Are there any plans to make tokens premium after resolving premium problem on consoles? I would love some premium cows or at least those elves from Eldain.

Hi Burza.

Can you and the team change the Schirrú card name to Half-elf Schirrú?

It would be more accurate because he is an half-elf and in the books he is revealed in that way.

Will we have an option for Witcher 3 Gwent or Beta Gwent Soundtrack in the Options menu?

Last edited:
Hello, Pawel!
I hope your day is going well.
I am worried about some things in Gwent balance. In my opinion, a lot of important Northern Realms cards (like Dandelion, Priscilla, Roche: Mercyless, Vysogota of Corvo, reinforced ballista, etc.) can't stand on the desk in the cause of small value. I understand, that high-protected ballista or Foltest's Pride can destroy all enemy units, so my opponent must be able to remove this cards. But almost every control card could remove these NR cards in one hit in the current meta. Survival chances of typical NR card are equals to zero at this moment. NR is the weakest faction and, in my opinion, deserves more attention from the Gwent developers.
1) Is team of developers working on increase "survivability" of NR cards now?
2) How will developers fix this problem? (decrease of damage of control cards, addition of armor or units, assuming a damage)
Thank you for your attention and good luck!

Paweł, you wrote in another post that there are no buffs for NR in upcoming patch. May I ask why? I think most people would agree that NR as a whole is underperforming right now. It seems to be the least played faction in all modes, it took last place in faction challenge and even pro players are avoiding this faction like fire. If you look at top of pro ladder, nobody in top 10 even finished they placement matches with NR... That says a lot. So why no love for Northern Realms?

We'll see if they'll be under-performing after the changes in this patch.

Hello dear Burza, are you guys planning on bringing the wild hunt+frost archetype back at some point? I've seen so many people that want them back and im one of them. They were so cool and lore friendly. Biting frost is useless without those big guys :)

Not for now, but we'll see what happens in the future!

GWENT : the witcher card game

do you plan to make GWENT ... seperated from witcher universe in someday (as a way to add characters from other CDproject's games) - no portals -
or it will be always, GWENT : the witcher card game?

For now we're sticking to The Witcher universe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom