GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, Pawel!
I hope your day is going well.
I am worried about some things in Gwent balance. In my opinion, a lot of important Northern Realms cards (like Dandelion, Priscilla, Roche: Mercyless, Vysogota of Corvo, reinforced ballista, etc.) can't stand on the desk in the cause of small value. I understand, that high-protected ballista or Foltest's Pride can destroy all enemy units, so my opponent must be able to remove this cards. But almost every control card could remove these NR cards in one hit in the current meta. Survival chances of typical NR card are equals to zero at this moment. NR is the weakest faction and, in my opinion, deserves more attention from the Gwent developers. I hope, this situation will change in the future and rulers of the North will take the worthy place among other leaders.
Thank you for your attention and good luck!

Will pass it on to the team, thank you! :)

since i feel like my questions have been missed...
will the year tree such as "year of the boar" tree and other 11 chinese zodiac trees accessible only in their current year or accessible regardless of time?

would it be possible to give every player:
1 free shard per month and 1 free shard per special mode to play arena?

as a new player i dont have any funds to play arena because im rather more focused on getting kegs first to get any progress

and the arena is more or less a gamble;
have bad luck or do bad: bad rewards thats hardly worth your ore
be very lucky with your deck draft and even win 9 times, you get enormous profit

currently its not a mode i (as new player) can even afford to play nor experience and probably missing out on some stuffs

basically: "your first try per month and special mode is free, want more? invest resources"

since i feel like my questions have been missed...
will the year tree such as "year of the boar" tree and other 11 chinese zodiac trees accessible only in their current year or accessible regardless of time?

would it be possible to give every player:
1 free shard per month and 1 free shard per special mode to play arena?

as a new player i dont have any funds to play arena because im rather more focused on getting kegs first to get any progress

and the arena is more or less a gamble;
have bad luck or do bad: bad rewards thats hardly worth your ore
be very lucky with your deck draft and even win 9 times, you get enormous profit

currently its not a mode i (as new player) can even afford to play nor experience and probably missing out on some stuffs

basically: "your first try per month and special mode is free, want more? invest resources"

1) Will be available for the whole year for sure, we'll see if we need to have it up for longer
2) No free shards will be given out, sorry

Seeing how the upcoming pages in Rewards Book is going to bring more expensive trees than from the base page (unless I'm wrong, in such case please correct me), and since it's not set in stone whether the year tree/pages will be time limited or not, are we going to get some Rewards Points overhaul, or contracts with more RP as reward, instead of just 1 or 2? Between base page, seasonal trees and "year page", it's going to be quite difficult if not near impossible to unlock stuff with only 2-6 RP from daily quests per day. ^^'

Last edited:
(ah I posted on the wrong topic I guess)

Hello,

After Meve ( :love: ), will there be more female leaders ? It's a bit sad that there is no female leader in Nilfgaard or Skellige (like Cerys or Annarietta).

As a female player I would really enjoy having at least one female leader in every faction, since I tend to play mostly female characters.

Nilfgaard : 5 males 0 females
Skellige : 5 males 0 females
Monsters : 2 males 1 androgynous 2 disgusting-vaguely-female-things (I won't play those but they're female so it's OK I guess :sneaky: )
Northern Realms : 3 males 2 females
Scoiatel : 3 males 2 females

I find it really annoying. I was posting in this thread so far about 4 posts already and never ever was even single of my questions answered. My last post was https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?posts/11354836/ If you do not want to reveal something, fine, but at least, please, say so instead of ignoring all my posts completely. :(

I will just repeat my last question. Is there difference between probability to get card of certain rarity from regular keg and same certain rarity from faction keg?
What I need to do to get at least the first answer for my fifth post already? I really understand, that not every question has to be answered, but for my questions, it is repeating occurrance, not just occasional accident. :(

1) Will be available for the whole year for sure, we'll see if we need to have it up for longer
2) No free shards will be given out, sorry
well my question to 1 is whether or not boar tree will still be available when the 2nd or even 3rd etc year trees are out, or are those old trees locked away forever to any new players that join 4 years later?

2: sucks... i really cant play arena

Do you plan to translate GWENT into Arabic , as it was on the Witcher 3? (texts only)

I hope if you can do that or at least give us the opportunity to help you to translate it into our language

thank you

Are we getting new leaders again with the march expansion or "just" the cards? Just curious, we already have plenty of leader choices with the new patch :)

how do you plan on adding expansions?
like will all future cards/expansions be put into the normal keg?
or will you go like: base keg, ex1 keg, etc...
if you choose the 2nd option i just hope they arent more expensive than the base keg

When are we going to start getting ability leeks for the expansion? (Maybe even just something like new keywords coming to the game)

Are you going to give content creators cards to reveal too? :D

Seeing how the upcoming pages in Rewards Book is going to bring more expensive trees than from the base page (unless I'm wrong, in such case please correct me), and since it's not set in stone whether the year tree/pages will be time limited or not, are we going to get some Rewards Points overhaul, or contracts with more RP as reward, instead of just 1 or 2? Between base page, seasonal trees and "year page", it's going to be quite difficult if not near impossible to unlock stuff with only 2-6 RP from daily quests per day. ^^'

The new page will be available all year, that should be enough time to unlock everything :)

(ah I posted on the wrong topic I guess)

Hello,

After Meve ( :love: ), will there be more female leaders ? It's a bit sad that there is no female leader in Nilfgaard or Skellige (like Cerys or Annarietta).

As a female player I would really enjoy having at least one female leader in every faction, since I tend to play mostly female characters.

Nilfgaard : 5 males 0 females
Skellige : 5 males 0 females
Monsters : 2 males 1 androgynous 2 disgusting-vaguely-female-things (I won't play those but they're female so it's OK I guess :sneaky: )
Northern Realms : 3 males 2 females
Scoiatel : 3 males 2 females

We'll see, ideally yes!

I find it really annoying. I was posting in this thread so far about 4 posts already and never ever was even single of my questions answered. My last post was https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?posts/11354836/ If you do not want to reveal something, fine, but at least, please, say so instead of ignoring all my posts completely. :(

I will just repeat my last question. Is there difference between probability to get card of certain rarity from regular keg and same certain rarity from faction keg?
What I need to do to get at least the first answer for my fifth post already? I really understand, that not every question has to be answered, but for my questions, it is repeating occurrance, not just occasional accident. :(

Sorry I missed this. Probability is the same.

well my question to 1 is whether or not boar tree will still be available when the 2nd or even 3rd etc year trees are out, or are those old trees locked away forever to any new players that join 4 years later?

2: sucks... i really cant play arena

Like I said, we don't know yet if they'll be out for longer than a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom