Thronebreaker Leaders Update is live!

+

New update for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game is now available for PC, PS4 and Xbox One! With this update, we’ve added five new Leaders to the game (check out their Spotlights here!), as well as introduced some quality of life changes, tweaks, and bug fixes.

Full list of changes:
  • Added an option on consoles to enable the simultaneous animation of all premium cards present on the screen. Current players must manually activate this feature in settings. For new players, this feature is enabled by default.
  • The game-start "handshake" screen showing premium cards now runs smoother on PC.
  • End-of-game animations now correctly display at the end of the game.
  • After a player ends the turn or passes the round, there is no longer a delay for the action to switch to the other player while the Leaders finish their animations.
  • Round-end animations are now more streamlined, with Summoned and Doomed units clearing from the board simultaneously.
  • Players now draw cards simultaneously.

New Features
  • New Monsters Leader: Gernichora
  • New Nilfgaard Leader: Ardal aep Dahy
  • New Northern Realms Leader: Queen Meve
  • New Scoia'tael Leader: Eldain
  • New Skellige Leader: Arnjolf the Patricide
  • New page in the Reward Book for new Leader Trees and Year Tree
  • New controls have been added for gamepads (Xbox One / PS4):
  • LB,RB / L1,R1: Jump to the leftmost or rightmost side of a row.
  • LT / L2: Switch between opponent and player graveyards.
  • X / Square: Select your Leader.
  • Using a gamepad, the targeting cursor no longer resets each time after using an ability if the ability can be used more than once. It will now remain on the same card on which it was last used.

Neutral
  • Zoltan: Scoundrel's power changed from 2 to 1.
  • Xavier Lemmens' provision cost changed from 10 to 8.
  • Regis: Higher Vampire's Deploy ability changed to an Order ability.
  • Regis: Higher Vampire's power changed from 1 to 4.
  • Geralt: Yrden's power changed from 4 to 2.
  • Vigo's Muzzle now specifies that it Locks the target unit before Seizing it.
  • Eskel: Pathfinder's power changed from 6 to 4.
  • Eskel: Pathfinder's provision cost changed from 10 to 9.
  • Skellige Storm's provision cost changed from 9 to 8.
  • Aguara's power changed from 6 to 5.
  • Unicorn will now double its boost value if the player controls Chironex on the battlefield.
  • Chironex will now double its damage value if the player controls Unicorn on the battlefield.
  • Avallac'h's power changed from 6 to 5.
  • Avallac'h's Order ability can now only be used on the ranged row.
  • Dorregaray of Vole's power changed from 6 to 5.
  • Impenetrable Fog's provision cost changed from 8 to 7.
  • Biting Frost's provision cost changed from 8 to 7.
  • Torrential Rain's provision cost changed from 8 to 7.
  • Artefact Compression's provision cost changed from 7 to 6.
  • Summoning Circle will now begin with 1 Charge.
  • Wyvern Scale Shield will now refresh its ability only whenever you play a unit.
  • Mastercrafted Spear will now refresh its ability only whenever you play a unit.
  • White Frost's provision cost changed from 7 to 6.
  • Phoenix's power changed from 5 to 4.
  • Phoenix's provision cost changed from 14 to 13.
  • Angoulême's ability changed to: "Deploy: Spawn and play a random artifact from your opponent's starting deck."
  • Angoulême's power changed from 4 to 3.
  • Gimpy Gerwin's power changed from 4 to 3.
  • Removed Reach from Gimpy Gerwin's ability.
  • Bekker's Dark Mirror provision cost changed from 8 to 9.
  • Geralt: Professional's power changed from 4 to 3.

Monsters
  • Unseen Elder's provision bonus changed from 14 to 15.
  • Arachas Queen's provision bonus changed from 12 to 15.
  • Abaya's Thrive ability will now show "dark magic" VFX rather than "boost" VFX when triggered.
  • Ozzrel's power changed from 2 to 1
  • Adda: Striga's provision cost changed from 9 to 8.
  • Arachas Nest's tooltip no longer specifies that the Arachas Drones are "1-power."

Skellige
  • Bran Tuirseach's provision bonus changed from 13 to 16.
  • Harald the Cripple's provision bonus changed from 14 to 13.
  • Morkvarg's provision cost changed from 8 to 9.
  • Derran's power changed from 4 to 2.
  • Restore's provision cost changed from 7 to 6.
  • Jutta an Dimun's provision cost changed from 7 to 8.
  • Yoana's Heal value changed from 1 to 2.
  • Removed Reach from Skjall's ability.
  • Coral's passive ability will not trigger when the opponent Discards your cards.
  • Bran Tuirseach's passive ability will not trigger when the opponent Discards your cards.

Northern Realms
  • Vandergrift's Blade provision cost changed from 9 to 8.
  • Vandergrift's provision cost changed from 9 to 8.
  • Field Medic's power changed from 2 to 1.
  • Field Medic's provision cost changed from 6 to 5.
  • Trebuchet's Order ability will now damage 3 adjacent units by 1.

Scoia'tael
  • Schirrú will now destroy himself and all other units with the same power.
  • Schirrú's provision cost changed from 11 to 9.
  • Paulie Dahlberg's boost value changed from 4 to 3.
  • Paulie Dahlberg's provision cost changed from 10 to 8.
  • Zoltan Chivay's provision cost changed from 9 to 8.
  • Zoltan Chivay's ability will not count himself.
  • Barclay Els' ability will not count himself.
  • Incinerating Trap's provision cost changed from 6 to 5.
  • Iorveth's Gambit provision cost changed from 14 to 13.
  • Mahakam Horn's provision cost changed from 9 to 8.
  • Crushing Trap's timer changed from 3 to 2 turns.

Nilfgaard
  • Emhyr var Emreis' provision bonus changed from 14 to 12.
  • Letho of Gulet's power changed from 9 to 5.
  • Letho of Gulet's provision cost changed from 11 to 9.
  • Letho of Gulet's ability changed to: "Deploy, Melee: Lock a unit. Deploy, Ranged: Gain 1 additional redraw."
  • Nilfgaardian Knight no longer destroys self if there are no enemy units for it to boost.
  • Impera Enforcers' power changed from 4 to 3.
  • Infiltrator's provision cost changed from 5 to 4.
  • Spotter's provision cost changed from 4 to 5.
  • Rot Tosser's provision cost changed from 5 to 7.
  • Magne Division's power changed from 3 to 2.
  • False Ciri's power changed from 4 to 5.
  • The VFX when Vanhemar destroys a unit has been changed to a fire effect.
  • Cynthia's provision cost changed from 10 to 9.
  • Traheaern var Vdyffir's provision cost changed from 6 to 7.

Game Fixes
  • Fixed an issue on consoles whereby the player was forced to use all of Morvran Voorhis's Charges at once.
  • Tooltips that stated "on every turn" or had turn counters (e.g. "For 4 turns") now clarify whether they trigger only on allied or enemy turns.
  • Fixed an issue whereby cards that had been previously Revealed in the player's deck would appear duplicated when viewing the deck.
  • Fixed an issue whereby letting the turn timer expire after selecting certain cards in hand would result in their effects incorrectly triggering and pulling cards from an incorrect location.
  • Fixed an issue on consoles whereby a graphical corruption issue in the Change Game Board screen would occur when switching between boards after exiting the Shop without a purchase.
  • Fixed an issue whereby cards opened from kegs would not count towards collection-related contracts (Pitch Perfect, Strange Stew, Wild Hunt, The Usual Suspects, Contract Killer, Hour of Magic). Players who experienced this issue have had the contracts completed retroactively.
  • Botchling's tooltip has been corrected by removing "without changing power."
  • Lubberkin's tooltip has been corrected by removing "without changing power."
  • Wild Hunt Warrior's tooltip now correctly states that it can only damage enemy units.
  • Bloody Flail's tooltip now correctly states that it can damage any unit, not only enemy units.
  • Fixed an issue whereby Shupe's Day Off could be played even if duplicates of Starter Set cards were present in the deck.
  • Blur has been enhanced to improve both performance and visuals (especially on consoles).
  • Fixed an issue whereby Leader animations were not visible at the start of the game.
  • Fixed an issue whereby winning a match in the tutorial would sometimes not unlock the next match.
  • Fixed an issue whereby the order of cards in hand would not match the order of cards in the redraw screen.
  • Fixed an issue whereby the game board would briefly display before the game-start “handshake” screen.
  • Fixed an issue whereby Cahir Dyffryn boosted himself after a unit in the opponent's hand received a boost.
  • Fixed an issue whereby Ronvid the Incessant would get Summoned when the opponent played a Soldier unit from the player's graveyard via Hanmarvyn's Blue Dream.
  • Fixed an issue whereby Locked units would remain Locked after being shuffled into the deck.
  • Fixed an issue whereby manually discarded cards appeared flipped over in the match history window and clicking on them displayed placeholder text for a card with the name Dagon.
  • Fixed an issue whereby Trap cards Spawned via Morana Runestone appeared as blank white cards.
  • Numerous fixes for unlocking Xbox achievements, PlayStation trophies, and GWENT contracts.
  • Numerous localization fixes for Xbox achievements, PlayStation trophies, and GWENT contracts.
  • Numerous tooltip fixes and improvements.
  • Typo fixes in the Reward Book.
  • Numerous other localization fixes.

Happy to see the game evolving, but as NR player have to express disappointment about keeping the weakest fraction in its sorry state..

As a Ps4 player i wish to thank you very very much ! Keep up the good work, for us, console players ! Thanks again.
Kind regards !

Best part of update:
"Fixed an issue whereby cards that had been previously Revealed in the player's deck would appear duplicated when viewing the deck."

I was wondering why when I looked at my deck in a couple games I had so many cards duplicated. I couldn't tell what I had left for my gold card to draw. Was confusing. Now I know. Agreed, great fix.

Is this update only for thronebreaker or Gwent? I play on PC and game did not update and I don't see new leaders,

Gernichora & Aep Dahy seem the strongest of the new Leaders.

Also, how come there's no animation on Eldains converted traps? :(

:cautious: too many 2 and 1 power cards, I knew it was going to be a problem when you put the power bar so low

Hows that ?

Neutral cards were nerfed. If you are playing against NG, well you have got mahakam ale which is 4 points for 5 prov. And since NG doesent run many hard removal, you are set.
- I Take it back, slave drivers + Spermen are a bit of concern. I have not played NG or NR so I am not sure how problematic these cards are to deal with. Try out Meve ? lol

I like most of the changes but couldn't help but notice that NG/SK seem slightly nerfed while MO is untouched, or rather some MO counters seem slightly nerfed(like Yrden and Regis which both deserved a nerf). Which is kinda dissapointing.

Aw man, why was Rot Tosser nerfed? ): It always gets countered for me.

Good changes overall. A small but well needed update. Can't wait for the March update.

gwent beta had an indicator on how many points you where behind, why they removed? it i don't know
The indicator is still there, however you still need to consider the special abilities of your units such as thrive, deathwish, or buffs etc.
Post automatically merged:

Aw man, why was Rot Tosser nerfed? ): It always gets countered for me.

Countered ? Try card advantage with Isbel ;)

Top Bottom