It’s the Season of Love!

+

The new ranked play season has started!

As discussed by Paweł and Jason during the pre-update developer stream, with the Season of Love we’re updating how the ranked play system will work moving forward.

Losing ranks during a season will no longer be possible, meaning that you can only gain ranks and move up the ladder. The rules for rank resets between seasons have also been updated. Players will now always drop 4 ranks when a new season starts (with the exception of players who finish the season with ranks 26-30 and the top 500 players with a Pro Rank).

The Season of Love will end February 28th, 10 AM CET. As always, all players will receive Reward Points for participating. A dedicated seasonal reward tree will not be available this month.

Losing ranks during a season will no longer be possible, meaning that you can only gain ranks and move up the ladder.

Am I reading this right? So ranks will be determined only by the amount of time you play? This means that everybody who plays a lot will eventually reach Pro Peague even with, say, 10% winrate, doesn't it?

Am I reading this right? So ranks will be determined only by the amount of time you play? This means that everybody who plays a lot will eventually reach Pro Peague even with, say, 10% winrate, doesn't it?

No, you will keep the rank only- not the mosaic pieces. So no progress with such win rate.. That is my understanding at least

Exactly, unless you prefer to not only dedicate your entire time to reach pro rank, but also have a decent win-rate at the same time in order to do so.
I cant remember exactly how many people were on the pro-ladder, but 600 is what I could remember, implying that only 100 reached rank 0 this season?

However, you still need to be in top 500 to stay in pro rank, which has some rewarding elements such as titles you can earn.
Also, less try hards in the current season will give you an option to play whatever you like in order to reach pro. Good luck.

Spending more time doesn’t matter you still have to rank up. Regardless of the time you play you still have to win.

What this mean is you can now play a new deck near the end of a season with the fear of ranking down.

No, you will keep the rank only- not the mosaic pieces. So no progress with such win rate.. That is my understanding at least

Yep, losing mosaic pieces but not rank makes more sense.

But that's the problem with CDPR's communication. Even when we get some information, we always have to guess what they meant.

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED

This is correct. Even if you lose the entire mosaic progress, you do not lose the rank :)

Please can you clarify something regarding end of season rank drop.

You say :
  • Players will now always drop 4 ranks when a new season starts
  • with the exception of players who finish the season with ranks 26-30
If you finished the season at rank 24, say, would that mean starting the new season 4 ranks lower at rank 28, or would you start at rank 26?

Can someone please explain meaning of: "finish the season with ranks 26-30..." ?

Isnt ranking now counting down like 5,4, 3,2,1 and 0 meaning PRO Rank?

Hello CDPR team,

Will there be a way to gain the new border for the season of love? It looks absolutely amazing and it would be a shame if we can't get it.

Kind regards :)

Yep, losing mosaic pieces but not rank makes more sense.

But that's the problem with CDPR's communication. Even when we get some information, we always have to guess what they meant.
Nope, it's your own problem
It was stated clear here and on stream

How come I can't play rank on xbox?
Has the season started yet?

Nevermind it works now

Last edited:
Im sooo disappointed with the new season! I’ve bee waiting for this border and now we cant get it. So im need wait for ONE YEAR!! This is sooo unfair! Its the third season for me, and until now you don’t fixed this. Pleeease let me take the most beautiful border <3

Its the third season for me, and until now you don’t fixed this.
I do not think it is about fixing at all. You can fix something, what was made and what becomes working not optimally. But you can not fix something, what was not made yet.

CDPR could release those season reward trees now, but if they would make something not right, it would cause big problems later to fix it. It would have been similar case to coming out of beta. I think, Gwent came out of beta too early. It needed more time to make everything properly. Now I am happy, they are not repeating same mistake and taking time to make seasonal reward trees properly instead of need to fix them later.

Besides, there is default reward tree and yearly reward tree with Thronebreaker reward tree. There is a lot to unlock and play with, is not it? ;-)

Top Bottom