It’s time for some announcements!

+

Dominika

CD PROJEKT RED

We have a bunch of updates regarding GWENT Masters for you!

As we mentioned earlier this week, online Qualifiers for GWENT Open #8 will be taking place on February 9-10th – you’ll find the full ruleset for the tournament right here. Below you’ll also find a complete list of players eligible to take part in the Qualifiers – congratulations to everyone!

Speaking of GWENT Open #8, mark your calendars – the first official GWENT Masters event of 2019 will take place March 16-17th! Kolemoen, TailBot, alessio1996, kams134, wangid1, proNEO3001, and finalists of Open #8 Qualifier will compete for shares of the $25,000 prize pool, as well as Crown Points and a spot in the fifth GWENT Challenger. As always, you’ll be able to watch the entire event live on the official CD PROJEKT RED Twitch channel.

Moving on to Challenger news, we have two more online Qualifiers coming up! The first one will see 50 players with the most Crown Points accumulated towards Challenger #5 compete for a spot in the tournament — the list of eligible players can be found below. In the second Qualifier event, 50 players with the most Crown Points accumulated during the February and March seasons will compete for another spot in Challenger #5.

The winner of each Challenger #5 Qualifier event will join the tournament’s final lineup, which currently includes Damorquis (winner of Challenger #4), and Freddybabes and Adzikov (winner and runner-up of Open #7). Also joining the lineup will be the two finalists of Open #8, as well as the player with the most CP accumulated towards Challenger #5.

Dates of the both Challenger Qualifiers will be announced soon.

Players with the most Crown Points accumulated towards Open #8 (players eligible to participate in the GWENT Open #8 Qualifiers):
  • kacper322
  • Adzikov
  • IriS__
  • Green-Knight
  • GameKingAT
  • GraveshGravesh
  • BeardyBog
  • Molegion
  • 苏墨
  • TA_ML
  • zeGoblin
  • Saber97
  • Aethr3n
  • 내과
  • Halleluah McRat
  • magpie131
  • konsiu95
  • McP0yle
  • HannuQ
  • Salkin101
  • Chezzy93
  • shinmiri2
  • Spyro-_13579
  • Kudou Shinichi
  • Crozyr
  • Ekami
  • Aifbowman
  • Nik_r
  • HectorV_
  • Mr2Red
  • Fillow
  • 사시비
  • trynet123
  • Hippotompotomus
  • SirLoathing
  • Santtu2x
  • Ern16
  • Kacodo
  • M-Morpheus
  • Lorenthiel
  • EugeneKrabc
  • pzY_oO
  • tmacxuan23
  • Gravekper
  • cysington
  • lordbushwook
  • MaeComPunch
  • Meister_Lederhut
  • SemperEU
  • Kwild
  • JMJWilson23
  • Zoltan3344
  • Raudorules
  • Hiraino
  • Neutraly
  • Hannibal17389
  • molechian
  • wuhuanen
  • fts_GrayShadow
  • Scryar
  • MrCorggo
  • 君霖天下
  • Nimraphel
  • Arcansor
  • Duerund
  • Soaringhero
  • JaimeOneHand
  • Wish
  • Gwent2town
  • jonathan1006
  • plainviewh8
  • 5murf
  • RuinCity
  • BucioMan
  • Quill-and-Lance
  • drvanko
  • Somnas
  • MIKE.YEUN
  • 猛虎破柙
  • TheBastinator
  • eltroco
  • MrSweetPiggy
  • Sinonino
  • opalax
  • Keaton1001
  • fanoflight
  • P_A_L_D_I
  • 彼疲避被
  • Scilex
  • Myslav
  • 小小犹太
  • sindikkat
  • 크로코
  • LeMonsieur1

Players with the most Crown Points accumulated towards Challenger #5 (players eligible to participate in the first GWENT Challenger #5 Qualifiers):
  • TailBot
  • kams134
  • kolemoen
  • kacper322
  • GameKingAT
  • alessio1996
  • proNEO3001
  • GraveshGravesh
  • BeardyBog
  • Molegion
  • Green-Knight
  • magpie131
  • konsiu95
  • McP0yle
  • Saber97
  • Aethr3n
  • HannuQ
  • zeGoblin
  • Santtu2x
  • 苏墨
  • shinmiri2
  • aifbowman
  • TheBastinator
  • Chezzy93
  • JaimeOneHand
  • Nujwk
  • HectorV_
  • radu.andrada
  • EugeneKrabc
  • TA_ML
  • Cmel
  • wangid1
  • Synrise.
  • pzY_oO
  • Halleluah McRat
  • S7isobey
  • raikou24
  • 星条旗的小丑
  • IriS__
  • JMJWilson23
  • SadFury
  • Lorenthiel
  • OMSolenTo
  • MrSweetPiggy
  • DSImmortal
  • Fanderman
  • JTSmash95
  • Qbk_

I am missing something... or CDPR cheated on us??

According to OFFICIAL RULES and according to this link from 17 October 2018 A-glimpse-in-the-future-of-gwent-masters... to qualify to OPEN #8 you need Crown Points from 2 previous Season!!!

1.jpg

OFFICIAL RULES
2.jpg

So... if OPEN is in March.... we need points from JANUARY and FEBRUARY seasons.... not from DEC / JAN seasons!!

why this sudden change? why was it informed to us SO LATE?! (a tweet from 28 January)

3.jpg

I know you have a point in the rules [17.14] that states about " reserves the rights to change, edit, delete, add... etc etc"

4.jpg

but in there there is also a text that "CDPR will use reasonable efforts to inform participants when it does so"

goddam... you inform us only 3 days before JAN season ends!!!! all this new changes should have been informed to us BEFORE December season!

Why all this misinformation CDPR? why the late changes?

this is so damn unfair... you are a great company with a great game... but you care nothing about players who actually read the rules and organize their games and time to play by them!

I lost my chance to play hard during february to get a chance to qualify to Open.... Im so mad/sad right now!

rrc

Forum veteran
Lost? February is the current month.
I think what he means is, he was going to play hard in Feb to qualify and lost his chance to do it as the qualifications are now from Dec and Jan.

I am missing something... or CDPR cheated on us??

According to OFFICIAL RULES and according to this link from 17 October 2018 A-glimpse-in-the-future-of-gwent-masters... to qualify to OPEN #8 you need Crown Points from 2 previous Season!!!

View attachment 10989739

OFFICIAL RULES
View attachment 10989742

So... if OPEN is in March.... we need points from JANUARY and FEBRUARY seasons.... not from DEC / JAN seasons!!

why this sudden change? why was it informed to us SO LATE?! (a tweet from 28 January)

View attachment 10989748

I know you have a point in the rules [17.14] that states about " reserves the rights to change, edit, delete, add... etc etc"

View attachment 10989751

but in there there is also a text that "CDPR will use reasonable efforts to inform participants when it does so"

goddam... you inform us only 3 days before JAN season ends!!!! all this new changes should have been informed to us BEFORE December season!

Why all this misinformation CDPR? why the late changes?

this is so damn unfair... you are a great company with a great game... but you care nothing about players who actually read the rules and organize their games and time to play by them!

I lost my chance to play hard during february to get a chance to qualify to Open.... Im so mad/sad right now!
I can see your point but...
qualifier is always held one month before OPEN right?
aka they can't wait for the end of feb season to start qualifier...so only dec and jan result will take into account

I am not 100% sure but if you go back to previous OPENs I'm 90% sure it worked like this in the past

Their entire pro scene is a joke really. They just throw it together on the go. I feel bad for these people who wanted to try and make it to the open since now they won't get a chance until at least July or maybe even later.
50 people from Feb and March will count only to that silly qualifier. After that you have the Challenger in April and the Masters in probably June so those seasons won't count for much either. Half a year with no real incentive to play for all the try hards.
Without them all you will have is casuals like me in the pro rank. This last season I basically just won 5 games to go up to around 1440 and then just insta forfeited the rest to fill my 40/40 quota on the last day of the season just to stay in top 500.
And I encountered quite a few just like me who were quicker to forfeit which is how I know.
If you want to see how you properly organize a pro season then look at Valve and DotA2. The calendar is set at the beginning of the season and all you need to know about the events and how to qualify is revealed months in advance.
These dudes just posted 2 contradictory statements about three months apart. But it's all cool cuz they got dancing actors in costumes.

I kinda feel for you, guys (devs and ~pros).

Like a pinch, but still. :)

... I'm also laughing in a facepalm.

I played in the Gwent Open Qualifying.
The first match lost with the winner of the first day of Green-Knight. 0-2
The first match lost 1 point, and the second 5 points only, that Trahean banned my Shupe.
The matches were very even.
For example, with the result 2-1 the results of individual matches: 24-25; 30-29; 43-42

Top Bottom