Rotfiend Bug - Usurper Issue? Please KILL Usurper!

+
Twice against Usurper in particular I have used Cyclops/Rotfiend, yet the Rotfiend 4 dmg hasn't activated. Why not?

There is something suspicious about facing Usurper decks. The deal always favours the opponent and I frequently find myself losing by the 'odd' point, with some incredibly dubious things such as TWO separate occasions where the Rotfiend deathwish (not locked) hasn't activated.

Is this a known problem, has anyone else seen this?

On a side note, Usurper is an abomination, against the spirit of the game and should be completely removed/reworked. It's a "no-brain" leader and a pathetic lack of thought from CDPR. Not to mention its cheap as shitpeddlars to include. Why have a game that encourage leader/deck synergy, then stick a leader card in that shits on it all? Really odd, stupid thinking from the developers. Please get rid of it.

Last edited:
Are you sure it's the Rotfiend damage or the Cyclops damage? I ask because Cyclops has a reach of 2. So if you put a Rotfiend on range (don't, no real reason to) and burn it with Cyclops when there is nothing in melee on the other side you lose the Cyclops damage.

Are you absolutely certain it wasn't locked? Maybe an Auckes double lock shut down Rotfiend earlier and you didn't notice.

Those are the only two things I can think up. Perhaps it's bugged. Wouldn't be the first time :).

I'll second the abomination statement though. It likely won't get changed, unfortunately. Nilfgaard is the annoying faction so they need annoying leaders. Sorry... correction. The control faction. Carry on....

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc

M3e0w

Forum regular
I mostly play Nilfgaard but I hate usurper, cause he's lame I'll concede that.

However someone using rotfiend and playing the "no brain" faction shouldn't be dissing anyone else.... at least players using usurper have to deal with a provisions disadvantage.

Rotfiend is a 8 point unit with 5 provisions, laughable.

Hear hear. I fell over the other day, and although I can't be 100% on it, I think it was due to a weird glitch/interaction with Usurper! Down with it!

rrc

Forum veteran
I mostly play Nilfgaard but I hate usurper, cause he's lame I'll concede that.

However someone using rotfiend and playing the "no brain" faction shouldn't be dissing anyone else.... at least players using usurper have to deal with a provisions disadvantage.

Rotfiend is a 8 point unit with 5 provisions, laughable.
Rotfiend is 4 points for 5 provisions. It needs another card for it to be 8 points (or Unseen Elder, who is too powerful and the leader who can potentially bring the maximum points than any other leaders). Let's say if a Harpy eats Rotfiend, it brings 13 (max, Rotfiend may kill a 1 point card too) points from 2 cards taking 11 provisions. Or if it was triggered by the bronze card, it is 11 points max for 10 provisions. This is definitely not OP. Irritating as hell, but definitely not OP.

It feels weird to support a MO card TBH. :p But DW/Consume can go wrong many times if you draw too much consume units or DW units and you can't play in auto pilot mode. If the opponent kills or locks your DW units, you will end up having bricked cads or cards that are going to bring pathetic value.

I sincerely recommend you to try Elder DW. I am not saying with you-think-it-is-OP-then-play-it attitude. It is really an interesting concept which will need skill and quick thinking in many scenarios.

Lexor

Forum veteran
On a side note, Usurper is an abomination, against the spirit of the game and should be completely removed/reworked. It's a "no-brain" leader and a pathetic lack of thought from CDPR. Not to mention its cheap as shitpeddlars to include. Why have a game that encourage leader/deck synergy, then stick a leader card in that shits on it all? Really odd, stupid thinking from the developers. Please get rid of it.

There are many reasons why Usurper's decks are not reaching tier 1.

"On a side note" I find it weird that Monster faction player calls Usurper as "no-brain" leader... If you think Usurper's decks are so easy to create with lowest possible provision costs then create one and try to win a pro ranked game with it.

rrc

Forum veteran
No, just no.

Kills dw units? That already gives them extra value..... they're called deathwish....

Locks dw units? Like which ones? A lock is worth 2-3 provisions.

Lock a rotfiend, now rotfiend provided at least 6 value.
Lock an archespore it provided at least 5 value*

Worst case scenario it hits a 1p unit, still provided 5 value for 5 provisions, deathwish can't brick.
I am not an expert or pro, but that is the best way to destroy the DW decks. A locked DW unit just makes his other consume/trigger unit to brick. Even if killing a DW units will backfire, it is anyhow going to be triggered or consumed and you can't escape that. The best course of action is to brick the dependency cards. A Rotfiend (or any DW units) needs a support card, without which they are always cost inefficient.

The problem with deathwish is there is no cost-effective counter to it and monsters have too many ways to trigger it... their provision costs need to be increased.
Let's say you have a lock or a removal potential. What best you can use them if not locking/killing DW units?

Don't lock it and it will thrive to 5-8 points, damned if you do, damned if you don't. No other faction has cards like that, if you kill a nauzica sargrant on arrival it provided 3 value for 4 provisions.
Extending your argument, locking a Naucizaa Argument makes him worth 5 value. If killed, 6 value, right?

Magne division forces you to stack units on 1 row, you may get hit hard with a lacerate or sonething similar... besides it's easily countered by drowner etc, nonetheless it got nerfed.
This is an exact point I am having for my next (and hopefully the final) post against MO (Big MO).

Last edited:
I think Usurper is a nice wildcard against some of the better leaders. And it seems the next expansion will bring us another 1-5 leaders. So percentage wise we will play less against Usurper-Decks at the end of march.
The King is dead; long live the Usurper :)

There are many reasons why Usurper's decks are not reaching tier 1.

"On a side note" I find it weird that Monster faction player calls Usurper as "no-brain" leader... If you think Usurper's decks are so easy to create with lowest possible provision costs then create one and try to win a pro ranked game with it.

Should have clarified - by "no brain" I mean there's nothing it does, you don't have to consider its' best use, and it's the only leader with this dynamic. It's more like "ah, that'll do, plus it costs less so I can build a decent NG netdeck."

so I can build a decent NG netdeck

I'm yet too see "decent NG netdeck" with Usurper after recent NG nerfs.
I tried to build such one myself but Morvran is so much better leader than Usurper to build a deck around and win with it.

Top Bottom