Random crashing (Video freezes, audio still plays)

+
Specs:

Asus Prime-a b450 mobo
Ryzen 5 2600x (not overclocked)
Radeon RX580 8gb (not overclocked)
Corsair Vengeance 8gb x 2 3000mhz (OC to 3122 i think)
EVGA 550 B3

When playing the game, at very random intervals, the video will just freeze up and remain frozen until I alt+tab to desktop, where the game closes automatically.

I have allowed Witcher 3 through the firewall, I have verified integrity on stream several times. I am running the latest update of the game and steam.

Latest crash log is attached. After posting this, I will clock my RAM back to stock speeds and

Attachments

• crashlog.txt
    13.9 KB · Views: 169
Also, using any mods, or have you ever used any in the past?

Certainly seems to me missing / unrecognized files.

Also, using any mods, or have you ever used any in the past?

Certainly seems to me missing / unrecognized files.
No mods none in the past either. Just a new install. I'll try that. Haven't gotten any crashes in an hour or so, moved to a different directory so that could have helped. Also updated drivers again.

I would definitely remove the OC on the RAM. Default clock speeds and voltage for everything (ensuring you're not underclocking anything either.) While that may not be the core issue, it could be complicating things.

Try rolling back the GPU drivers to something from mid 2018 and see if that makes a difference. I'd strongly recommend using Display Driver Uninstaller first. Clean out all existing AMD stuff and install the older drivers using an AMD reference version.

I would definitely remove the OC on the RAM. Default clock speeds and voltage for everything (ensuring you're not underclocking anything either.) While that may not be the core issue, it could be complicating things.

Try rolling back the GPU drivers to something from mid 2018 and see if that makes a difference. I'd strongly recommend using Display Driver Uninstaller first. Clean out all existing AMD stuff and install the older drivers using an AMD reference version.
I will try that. Thank you.

I rolled back to a more stable seeming driver last night, and had the overclock undone for a few days. Has seemed somewhat more stable since last night. Going to play more now and see how it goes before going back farther for a driver.

Top Bottom