[TW1] [mod] Full Combat Rebalance (FCR) version 1.6

+
Hi, if I'm resurrecting an old thread I do apologize. I've just started playing the Witcher with fcr on the witcher difficulty and I'm enjoying it tremendously. I was wondering if I could get some build advice as I haven't played the vanilla game in ages and I'm unfamiliar with the new mechanics. I'm almost at the end of chapter 1 (fighting the salamandra on the bridge) and I'm finding it to be a breeze so far, albeit that as I'm a perfectionist I'm used to reloading dozens of times so reloading a handful of times is breezy for me ;)

I'm curious as to how effective the various signs are on witcher difficulty (I've heard yrden won't trigger on enemies with high dr) as well as whether I should invest talents into steel weapons as I'm finding human enemies to be relatively easy and I'm wondering if it would be better to invest in int, quen, igni and/or aard. Also, any general build advice would be much appreciated

Thanks, T

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm playing with the FCR mod, and I don't manage to upgrade the power up version of sign properly.

I already have igni level 4, but when I want to upgrade the power up version of the sign (attack from a distance), nothing happens, even if I have a bronze talent.
I click on the talent, but nothing unlocks.

Does anybody have the same problem?

Hi guys!

Seems like the mod is no longer support, but I'll try to post my question anyway:

How to change the difficulty? I started playing at the hardest difficulty of the easier pack and wanted to move it up. I did:
- Installed the harder FCR difficulty pack over
- Drank the "Easy" difficulty changing potion
=> The result stays until I save and load game, than it is effectively switched to INSANE, which is way too much for me, sorry, guys

Any help is welcomed :)

Hey guys. I'm noticing that my group style is fearing most creatures 100% of the time, with only lvl 1 group style being upgraded.

Is this intended? Any ideas people? :D

Hello guys, i cant find the garkain Vesper in act 5 and theres no answer i could find online. I found lilly in the crypt with the elven poem, but idk where to look for vesper. thanks

Hey there! Try looking on the Cemetery Island in the Swamp Cemetery at night.
The thing is the FCR mod moves Lilly and Vesper to different locations, they are no longer at the swamp cemetery. Anyway, I found Vesper in the ancient crypt where the magical Stone from strigas crypt teleports you, hope it helps someone.
On other note, I have a lot of trouble getting through omens of fire in the ice plains first fight, any tips for that?

The thing is the FCR mod moves Lilly and Vesper to different locations, they are no longer at the swamp cemetery.
Ah, since this mod's hayday was a bit before my time, and I've yet to play through using it, I didn't realise that. Glad you found it, though!
I have a lot of trouble getting through omens of fire in the ice plains first fight, any tips for that?
Unfortunately, no. Sorry!

@theoldspice It`s been a long time since I played with FCR but the best I remember especially if you`ve upgraded Yrden in the skill tree is to trap them using it and then get in a hit or two then rinse and repeat. And definitely don`t stop moving unless quaffing a health potion.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to edit enemy health? I want to increase human health but I'm not sure how - I assume it's in one of the various .utc files but what do edit it with? I tried Djinni but that didn't help because there doesn't seem to be any variables for health in there.

Flash clearly changed enemy vitality somehow. How, is the question.

A great mod, i love it . I'm curious about one thing : apart from Outskirts ( it's the only sword we have ) , against whom Strong Steel might be effective in the game ? I'm asking since it looks like all powerful human enemies have armor, so fast steel is always the choice .

Edit : Nevermind, it's very good in act V vs mutants

Last edited:
Hello, i actually installed this mod, after get into Wyzima, but in later acts it began to make my life sad that I can't see the NPC names ...
I decided to delete the entire game, save only the save files.
Install unchecking the options:
No character names for minimalistic interface "and" Minimalistic interface "

After that loads the save game and the problem still occurs ... What should I do -_-?

Hello, can anyone help me to build my pg in the Witcher 1 FCR? I haven't found any sample build of FCR Witcher, and i feel like confused. I'm trying to build pg on my own and it seems fine, but i would like some help to make better my pg.

Top Bottom