Blue Stripes Commando - Advice please

+
I am after some advice please.

I am currently playing Northern Realm Decks with King Foltest as Leader.

My questions are around using the cards 'Blue Stripes Commando'. I understand how this card plays and it is playing correctly. The question is all around how many of this card you can have in your deck.

I currently own 4 blue stripes commandos. 3 normal versions and 1 animated version.

The deck builder has always limited me to 2 in my deck - max. This means that I only try and have 1 in my hand during game, I then play this 1 card and upon using the order it pulls the other 1 card out of the deck.

However, I played someone recently who had 3 in their deck. They played 1, upon using the order, it summoned 2 more to the battlefield, 3 in total.

I tried to replicate this by adding another card but I am still maxed at 2. If I try and add another it just says (top right hand corder) - you cannot add any more of this card to your deck (something along these lines).

I then thought it may be a limitation around if the card is 'upgraded' or not. So I spent 200 on making the card more animated. This again limits the total of this card to 2. e.g. I added 1 animated card to the deck - then I added a normal one (meaning I have 2 more left) but again it stops me.

Worth saying that I also created a brand new blank deck to see if it is an error with my orignal but again, limits a total of 2 cards being added - irrespective of normal or animated version.

What am I doing wrong?

Is the total limit 2 in a deck?

If so, the original game allows 3... but anyway, how did the other player manage to bring 3 into their deck?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Post automatically merged:

Worth also mentioning... When you go into the deck builder, the non animated Blue Stripes Commando card has "x2" in the top right hand corner.

When you view the card, it then shows a larger version and says "x3". 3 is correct - I have 3 of this card. Unsure why the visuals in the deck builder are limiting to x2 whilst I actually have x3.

You can use another card/s to add two more. I forget it's name. Operator and two of the spawn cards would make 5 all up.

Blue stripes scout.

This is interesting. Can you explain exactly how 3 BSC can be played if you also have a Blue Stripe Scout in your deck please.

Bsc

Bss, melee deploy on Bsc

1 Bsc added in deck.

Repeat if second Bss in hand.

Trigger Bsc order.

Think that covers it

DRK3

Forum veteran
You can only have 2 copies of any bronze card max on your STARTING deck, that doesnt mean you cant create more during the game.

Since you can have 2 blue stripes commandos and 2 blue stripes scouts, that means you can easily have 4 BSC. Then you can have even more with trickier ways, like Operator (creates a copy of any bronze in your hand for each player), you can renew operator to do this even more, you can muzzle the opponent's version, etc. (im not saying all these are effective, they're just ways if you wanted to try to create as many BScommandos as possible)

Im about to try and create a SK deck where i play savage bear 10 times, we'll see how that goes...

Pulling this thread from its grave to not start a new one, and in the hope, NR players are reading this.
I just played against an NR deck that used Blue Stripes commando quite different, and I don't understand how that works. First one BSC was played. Zeal from Ves, copy brought to the board.
So far so good.
But then, during the round, a copy went to the board when something completely different was done. For example, opponent plays a card that damages one of my units and at the same time a BSC came to the board. No activation of order, no Blue Stripes Scout. This happened two times, for a total of 4 BSC on the board, with only one time using order and no Scouts.

The last card, the opponent played, was Vernon Roche, but as already said, there was no Scout among the two cards. Yet after she/he placed them, BSC appeared.

Any idea how that works? (I don't think it's a bug or exploit, but that there is something I don't know)

DRK3

Forum veteran
@tulamide There are so many ways to create more BSCommandos.

Im not sure i get your description but if it wasnt Operator or Queen Adalia, who can create copies from BSC if they're on hand, it was most likely 'Reinforcements', which is a special that creates a copy of a bronze on board.

It's easy to get 6/7 BSCommandos, but good players will push R2 for you to use that powerplay, and its very expensive to make that many copies.

@tulamide There are so many ways to create more BSCommandos.

Im not sure i get your description but if it wasnt Operator or Queen Adalia, who can create copies from BSC if they're on hand, it was most likely 'Reinforcements', which is a special that creates a copy of a bronze on board.

It's easy to get 6/7 BSCommandos, but good players will push R2 for you to use that powerplay, and its very expensive to make that many copies.
I can't remember if 'reinforcement' was among those two cards from Vernon Roche. But it must have been such a card, because the two (normally played) BSCs were already on the board, when the two additional copies appeared. Let's just say 'reinforcement' was one (through Vernon Roche), what could have been the second? The cards that copy from hand are out of the game (and I know both 'operator' and 'adalia', so can say for sure those were not involved), and the leader was Foltest. When I look for 'copy' on GwentUp, it shows only the cards that we have mentioned in our posts. But sure, GwentUp may have cards missing in its database, so I'm not sure.

King Henselt can draw a blue stripe commando from the deck, boost it and give it zeal. Some people also use bluestripes with Foltest who can give zeal.

With reinforcements, you want to copy a blue stripe scout, not a commando.

It could potentially be a lucky hit with the runestone, play a NR bronze unit. Personally when I tested a blue strip deck, I did not use this, because it was unreliable.

Thanks for all the input, but I'm still missing the second card that can copy a card from the board right onto the board.

I'm not a native speaker, so maybe that's why the situation isn't clear. I'll try it again, hopefully it becomes clearer. This is the situation:

Two BSC are on the board. Those are the two, the opponent had in his/her deck. No copying took place beforehand. Two unboosted, not copied, plain BSC from the deck.

The deck now contains no further BSCs. Opponent plays a card that deals with one of my cards (damaged it), and additionly a third BSC appears. Unboosted. No thing was done to specifically copy a BSC. The only card played by the opponent was a card that damaged one of my cards.

Round continues. Last turn. Opponent plays Vernon Roche. Since it happened so quick, I couldn't see which two cards were drawn. So I assume, one of the cards drawn was 'Reinforcement', because after that move a fourth BSC appeared on the board. Again unboosted. For a total of 4 unboosted BSCs.

I understand the start, which was a simple use of BSCs order. I understand the end, which was Vernon drawing 'Reinforcement', which was used to copy one BSC from the three on the board.

I don't understand the middle, where one of my cards was damaged by a card the opponent draw, which gave it the bonus of a BSC copy.

Did you have a BSC on your side of the board? The only card I know, that makes damage and copy the killed unit is Hen Gaidth Sword. But it is an artifact so it stays on the board of your opponent.

Top Bottom