What will the system requirements be? Lets discuss!

+
Since i plan on building my own PC eventually, i hope it will run on the 580 8gb with 16gb ram and the 2600x processor.

What do y'all hope for?

I just hope I can play it on medium with my laptop:

8th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-8300H processor
8GB system memory
256GB SSD
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Depending on when it drops, I may just get it on PS5 (assuming the game comes out on PS5 at all), but if it releases before PS5 is released, I'll probably get it on my PC ... since it will likely run/look better.

I hope CP2077 will give a wide selection of graphics options on release so more people can play on PC, with the condensed city space I can see the recommended specs being high on PC

I have the following
i5-6600 CPU @ 3.30GHz
16GB Memory
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

Just hope I will be able to hit a good mix of graphics and frames

Sild

Ex-moderator
That's like the minimum needed for The Witcher 3.. and you hope it's going to be enough for a game that's coming out 4 or 5 years later? No offence but.. just don't get your hopes up.

i'd hazard a guess it's going to have a gtx 760-770 minimum. No idea on the CPU's.

Brutal.

If Witcher 2 and 3 are anything to go by.

That said, I expect it will be utterly playable at low-end, 6 year old machine specs. Just turned down a fair margin. But still pretty!

I hope GTX1060 3gb can handle this game on Ultra Setting, and will be satisfied as long as I get around 30fps

I have an RX 570 and I doubt I will have any problems running the game on high and getting around 60 FPS. They will optimize the game well enough.

However, as a user with only 8 gigs of memory, me and some others included may run into issues with running out of memory. I just hope it won't be anything like Forza Horizon 4, where the game would outright crash when I play. Time to upgrade...
Post automatically merged:

Since i plan on building my own PC eventually, i hope it will run on the 580 8gb with 16gb ram and the 2600x processor.

You won't have any problems with that rig if you're gonna be playing at 1080p. Like I said before, I have an RX 570 and I'm more than happy with the performance this card gives me.

Was hoping we would at least have some minimum specs by now. Wanting to start building my pc and would hate to spend a few grand to get something that would not be enough for above recommended. Here's hoping they see this and maybe get a post about it before the June E3 press release.

So I initially started my forum account when the forums were released but I never was active as too much life was happening during the past couple of years. I know the release of the game is getting closer and I finally got some time to catch up. I've been reading the forums and catching up as best I can. I'm very excited and happy on the progress based upon what I have seen and what I have read. I am beyond overjoyed and you have made something I didn't know was possible. You are absolutely going to wreck the gaming industry to its core and I can't wait to watch you do it. I'm an older gamer and played a ton of paperback RPGs when I was a kid. Cyberpunk 2020, Shadowrun, and Battlelords of the 23rd century actually shaped me as a person and my future in business when it comes to the future of technology (was I.T. and sales and have been wanting to get involved with robotics). The creators of these paperback games really had some foresight and alot of personal tech has come true, even cybernetics recently.

I don't get to play much anymore as life priorities have taken over and such so i'm limited to what I can pick with the limited amount of time I have. When I heard that CD Projeckt was doing this game I was overjoyed. I couldn't imagine anyone better doing this game (I was stunned at the amount of work that went into the Witcher 3). Anyway I have been trying to plan for this game. I have not upgraded my computer in awhile and I know its time. I know my current computer won't be able to play the game. I know this won't win me any popularity contests but part of me would love to see this game actually release next year. A 2020 release would just be ironic and cool at the same time. I'm sure everyone is saying boo and throwing paper at me at this point but I think it would be a neat touch as it was never planned on purpose. Plus it would give me the time to actually save up and get the components for a new beast machine. :)

So I found these specs from the computer used to run the game demo in the FAQ, but that's about it.

CPU: Intel i7-8700K @ 3.70 GHz
MB: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I GAMING
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V, 2x16GB, 3000MHz, CL15
GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
SSD: Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB M.2 PCIe
PSU: Corsair SF600 600W

Would it be safe to say that this would be a decent benchmark to shoot for recommended specs or is this overkill? Probably only need half the ram but can you run the game on an i5 or is it i7+ all the way? Funny thing is that my current PC runs Witcher 3 pretty well so if I don't have to go crazy on buying parts that would be awesome. I believe that there will be another press release on this game at E3 in June 2019. Would it be possible for those of us playing on PC to get at least a minimum requirement update so we can start planning our PC builds at that time? I mean this system is running a z370 board so would the game support i9 processor features?

Also will you guys be doing any promotional tours? I still have my first edition copy of cyberpunk 2020 and would love to have Mike Pondsmith sign it.

Would it be safe to say that this would be a decent benchmark to shoot for recommended specs or is this overkill? Probably only need half the ram but can you run the game on an i5 or is it i7+ all the way? Funny thing is that my current PC runs Witcher 3 pretty well so if I don't have to go crazy on buying parts that would be awesome. I believe that there will be another press release on this game at E3 in June 2019. Would it be possible for those of us playing on PC to get at least a minimum requirement update so we can start planning our PC builds at that time? I mean this system is running a z370 board so would the game support i9 processor features?

Also will you guys be doing any promotional tours? I still have my first edition copy of cyberpunk 2020 and would love to have Mike Pondsmith sign it.

Right now, it is kinda hard to say how well similar setup or exact this one would run the game, setting wise and so on. We are still working on the game and on its aspects. Once we are ready, we will for sure reveal min/recommended specs :)

As for "promo tours" - if you mean events, we are not confirming appearance on those yet, but stay tuned!

Was hoping we would at least have some minimum specs by now. Wanting to start building my pc and would hate to spend a few grand to get something that would not be enough for above recommended. Here's hoping they see this and maybe get a post about it before the June E3 press release.

I doubt it requires much more than a 2600x with a rx580. Thats what im building and im sure it will be fine.

Why not wait a bit longer?

That demo had the best gear available at the time and i assume it was running @ 1080p.
I think its safe to say that 1080ti will be under 60fps during intensive scenes @ 1440p on high settings.

Gear up when it comes time ladies & gentlemen, if you want to do the game justice. Witcher 3 is beautiful cranked up and this will be better.
Nivida 3000 series will be out in 2020. We should be all playing off SSDs already, especially for dynamic level loading.
For those contemplating AMD, keep in mind that while great for content creation they don't perform as well as Intel in gaming.
Also, don't forget to check the 2nd hand market for older but faster gear if youre on a budget. 8700k might be had for a bargain by then.

Many CPUs tested by gamers nexus:
https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3407-intel-i5-9600k-cpu-review-vs-2700-2600-8700k

Last edited:
I just hope this will be compatible with Win 7 64 Ultimate. My system is outdated, five years old but it is just going to have to do for now. I build my own systems and do not buy off the shelf. Still running a Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti, AMD FX 8350 / 8 core @4.2 Ghz on an ASUS Crosshair V Formula A-Z motherboard, 16 GB DDR3 memory. The only change I will be making sometime soon is upgrading the memory to 32 GB. I have Win 10 available (dual boot) but hope I don't have to use it for this game, not right now anyway.

Due to platform parity, if the game is well-optimized for PC, it shouldn't be much higher than Witcher 3. Which isn't high requirement at all.

That demo had the best gear available at the time and i assume it was running @ 1080p.
I think its safe to say that 1080ti will be under 60fps during intensive scenes @ 1440p on high settings.

Gear up when it comes time ladies & gentlemen, if you want to do the game justice. Witcher 3 is beautiful cranked up and this will be better.
Nivida 3000 series will be out in 2020. We should be all playing off SSDs already, especially for dynamic level loading.
For those contemplating AMD, keep in mind that while great for content creation they don't perform as well as Intel in gaming.
Also, don't forget to check the 2nd hand market for older but faster gear if youre on a budget. 8700k might be had for a bargain by then.

Many CPUs tested by gamers nexus:
https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3407-intel-i5-9600k-cpu-review-vs-2700-2600-8700k

AMD is good for gaming, intel is too expensive and not the standard anymore. And the Ryzen 3rd gen will blow nvidia away. The 1660ti isnt as good as everyone thought it would be.

AMD is good for gaming, intel is too expensive and not the standard anymore. And the Ryzen 3rd gen will blow nvidia away. The 1660ti isnt as good as everyone thought it would be.

Theres only 2 CPU choices, AMD & Intel, and Intel does gaming better. See the benchmarks from Gamers Nexus in the link.
AMD is better for rendering work but we are talking gaming.
We'll see what Ryzen 3 and Intel's future offerings bring. Intel has led gaming benchmarks for a VERY long time and it continues to do so.

The most important thing will be GPU of course and the answer is only Nvidia. Regarding Navi, it will be mid range, not high end. That is firmly Nvidia's domain.

To clarify, i'm not talking about minimum system requirements but requirements to run the game to its full extent.
Just like the demo, the ideal system is:
Intel CPU
Nvidia GPU
min 16gb RAM and running off a decent SSD.

Last edited:
Top Bottom