GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Burza!

Will the March expansion feature something to unlock in the reward book, like when the Thronebreaker leaders were released? Thanks in advance!

Hi Burza ! Thanks again for the dev stream.

3 quick questions :
1.) How are you doing today?
2.) What's the team's thoughts about Uni/Chiro and Witchers trio still being included in maybe 80-90% of the decks, even after their respective nerfs?
3.) With the many reward trees recently added to the game like the Thronesbreaker ones and the ones coming in each month, and all the things unlockable with reward points (leader skins, leader and faction avatars, Thronebreaker skins and avatars, year of the boar tree and now the seasonal tree and March expansion's leader and their respective trees on the way) is there any plan to increase the amount of RP or the ways to unlock them?

What exactly is the reason for the Rainfarn change that will be coming with this patch? Is it because his previous ability would be problematic with the upcoming expansion? I think that a lot of the community is very confused with this change because Rainfarn wasn't exactly a "very good" card to begin with, so a proper explanation for this decision would be nice!

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Hi Burza.
Can we get increased brightness in some of the boards or at least remove amount of filters on them? In the current state the best board is the Lyria one, because we can actually see what's going on. For example the makaham one is very cool, but with the blueish filter it feels bad to play.

Hi!

Not planned right now.

will you guys add more graphics options? because right now the pc settings lack a lot of customization like disabling all menu animations cards (that animated menu is taxing on low-end hardware)and filter removes

I would check the performance after February patch, this should make the game run smoother.

Are silvers ever going to return, it opens development space by making cards interact with 3 different colors and also it looks cooler to have bronze silver and gold instead of the massive amount of Golds in a deck.

Nope, they won't return.

Hi Burza ! Thanks again for the dev stream.

3 quick questions :
1.) How are you doing today?
2.) What's the team's thoughts about Uni/Chiro and Witchers trio still being included in maybe 80-90% of the decks, even after their respective nerfs?
3.) With the many reward trees recently added to the game like the Thronesbreaker ones and the ones coming in each month, and all the things unlockable with reward points (leader skins, leader and faction avatars, Thronebreaker skins and avatars, year of the boar tree and now the seasonal tree and March expansion's leader and their respective trees on the way) is there any plan to increase the amount of RP or the ways to unlock them?

1. I'm pretty good, thank you!
2. We're currently fine with them
3. Not planned, they shouldn't be easily accessible and actually require work.

Hello Burza,
Just 2 questions,
- Will the ability to mill duplicate premium cards with the mill all button be back in the upcoming patch?
- Will we see Draakul card in the upcoming expansion or maybe in later expansions? :)
Thank you, and have a nice day! :)

morning Red Team!

got some thoughts about yesterday's stream:
1) what about An Craite Marauder? Don't you guys think he isn't overpowered? Matchin against SK decks almost 98% times guarantees 6 point play if you lose coin
2) regardin seasonal tree's quests and rewards - do you consider some replacements for ppl from OBT time who already have some Bear School borders and titles? Kinda waste of PP in the book to aquire sth you already have only to reach 100% unlock reward
3) Aren't Spear and Shield pretty useless now? I mean one ping per turn is really good, but overall we got a 4 point value card for 7 provisions - kinda disappointing I think (correct me if I'm wrong)

wish you all great day

Hi Burza, a question asked by my friend who is a Gwent streamer,
"Will you guys consider adding resouces to some quest nodes? My suggestion is that, if I had two borders of Bear's Season already, so does it mean I have to spend 6 RP for nothing(repeated)? Pls consider adding some resources to them or unlock them automatically if you already had the rewards."
Thx, looking forward to the patch tomorrow!

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
A couple more questions:

1. Jason mentioned on stream something about a Crimson Curse, do you happen to know anything about that since I'm pretty sure it's not related to Darkest Dungeon :D

2. One thing that you didn't mention on the dev stream is the updated starter decks. Will we be getting those sometime soon, with the launch of the expansion or some other time?

3. How soon (tm) are we going to start getting card reveals in March? Will we have to wait until the Open or will there be a slow trickle before then?

Hope you have a nice day and a nice time doing gwenty and non-gwenty things! :)

Hi, Pawel.
I have watched your wonderful live stream and I still have some question about match making mechanism.
I noticed that you have merged the ranked and casual mode into one card, which is switched between each other with a tag. However, is there any actual optimization or change in the mechanism of matchmaking for casual mode? Or will it still be on your future agenda?
Think I heard Jason talked about guiding new players to the ranked mode where the winning rate is higher. But with more experiences and one improved deck, you can climb to a rank where it's either boring to play the same deck or been crushed by strong decks with your other poor decks. Since it is now impossible to derank in the middle of the season, it seems there lacks a casual environment for poor decks to compete against each other just for fun.
Most appreciated to your reply.
Many thanks.

Hi Burza.
Have there been any discussion about the more monstrous leaders getting emotes that aren't screeches, hisses and seemingly random noises?
While it really fits their nature, it makes for poor communication across players.

It might make sense for humanoids to not understand the communication of spirits and beasts, it is also equally unintelligible even if the opponent is playing the exact same leader.

Thank you for your time and I wish the entirety of the Gwent team well.

Hi Burza,
You confirmed that Radovid is not gonna be back with the March expansion. What about Dagon? Im guessing he wont be back in march because its vampire themed but will he ever return?

Hello Burza,
Just 2 questions,
- Will the ability to mill duplicate premium cards with the mill all button be back in the upcoming patch?
- Will we see Draakul card in the upcoming expansion or maybe in later expansions? :)
Thank you, and have a nice day! :)

Hi!

- Just milled all duplicates and my premium duplicates milled too, so I guess this works
- As for expansion cards I would wait for the reveals :)

morning Red Team!

got some thoughts about yesterday's stream:
1) what about An Craite Marauder? Don't you guys think he isn't overpowered? Matchin against SK decks almost 98% times guarantees 6 point play if you lose coin
2) regardin seasonal tree's quests and rewards - do you consider some replacements for ppl from OBT time who already have some Bear School borders and titles? Kinda waste of PP in the book to aquire sth you already have only to reach 100% unlock reward
3) Aren't Spear and Shield pretty useless now? I mean one ping per turn is really good, but overall we got a 4 point value card for 7 provisions - kinda disappointing I think (correct me if I'm wrong)

wish you all great day

1) For now he didn't see a change, we'll have to wait and see how the meta shapes after today's patch
2) Later on we might switch things up, but for now they stay the same
3) It's hard to get them in the right place, like with all changes we have to wait and see, I really like the design teams approach of changing things monthly and seeing how the changes affect the meta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom