Love the new mode, but

+
Lippy seems to be a must have in this game mode. He suffers from the same issue that Emyr had, replaying high value cards. Maybe they should change Lippy to only put Skellige cards back into the deck.

The only way I see to counter it is massive boost like - Meve: Botchling, Corva, Ava, Anna or Crach Beast deck with Freya, Necromancy, Beastmasters which buff the bear for 10+ value every time

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Anyone experimented with Dudu yet? His interactions with the enemy she-bear is pretty insane and I want to try to combine him with self wounding cards to mill the enemy by banishing all his cards due to an overfull hand.
And does anyone know, what happens if the she-bear gets seized?

Anyone experimented with Dudu yet? His interactions with the enemy she-bear is pretty insane and I want to try to combine him with self wounding cards to mill the enemy by banishing all his cards due to an overfull hand.

I milled someone with Monsters. Especially at the beginning of a round you can just Cyclops / Harpy your bear to mill your opponent. If you can Dudu the bear that'd be twice as effective.

I do not know, what would exactly happen, but my guess is one of two things.

Either seize would not work, because Bear can not be moved (at example can not be placed from melee row to ranged row)

... or you would manage to seize opponents bear and opponent will spawn new bear in his turn. Your 2 bears would damage opponents 1 bear 2 times (at end of turn) and opponents bear will damage both your bears 1 time both (at end of turn). After both your bears die, there will be spawn new 1 bear for you.

Guest 4334474

I'd like to point out I'm a SK deck mostly these days, have never and will never run Lippy or artifacts.

I am currently for event running as Harald. I use 2 weather clearing cards in my deck and laugh every time I see someone think just because they got ragnarok it's over for me.

I have lost to 0 lippy decks so far in the game mode. It is not even close to being some auto win deck, please don't give the community bad info on it being unbalanced when it seems fine and dandy. Perhaps people just weren't (or currently aren't) ready to handle Lippy so strength may appear differently when some are playing.

I have played 34 matches far. Honestly, 1/3 of people or maybe 1/4 of people aren't even making their deck suited for the game mode yet (they have discard synergy like witchers and Roach) so it's very hard to call the new game mode getting cheesed anyways yet when people haven't wrapped their head around the game mode fully.

I'd like to point out I'm a SK deck mostly these days, have never and will never run Lippy or artifacts.

I am currently for event running as Harald. I use 2 weather clearing cards in my deck and laugh every time I see someone think just because they got ragnarok it's over for me.

I have lost to 0 lippy decks so far in the game mode. It is not even close to being some auto win deck, please don't give the community bad info on it being unbalanced when it seems fine and dandy. Perhaps people just weren't (or currently aren't) ready to handle Lippy so strength may appear differently when some are playing.

I have played 34 matches far. Honestly, 1/3 of people or maybe 1/4 of people aren't even making their deck suited for the game mode yet (they have discard synergy like witchers and Roach) so it's very hard to call the new game mode getting cheesed anyways yet when people haven't wrapped their head around the game mode fully.

Can you share your deck ? Im having a hard time with this seasonal mode...

To be clear, I have beat lippy. There are decks that can, but he really does break the mode. The whole point of the card is to revive your graveyard. The whole point of the mode is to play your whole deck, most of which ends up in your graveyard. It is unbalanced because it gives a 10-15 card advantage if done properly. I have literally never lost playing my lippy deck on this mode. The problem is, games take longer, it's less fun, and almost all viable stratagies by other factions are bypassed. I auto forfeit any time I see SK on this mode, and I hope everyone else will do the same.

There is no point in balancing it, well blacklisting Lippy in fixes it, but what about Raghnarroog and other cards? We saw what CDPR was capable of after 4 months of testing, perfect balance was never achieved.

Instead: Create a new event each week with the theme "bears", change the mechanics once in a while by making room for new deck crafting.

Seasonal mode was the best thing that happened for Gwent so far, new ways to experiment with decks is what can bring enjoyment back to the community.

There is no point in balancing it, well blacklisting Lippy in fixes it, but what about Raghnarroog and other cards? We saw what CDPR was capable of after 4 months of testing, perfect balance was never achieved.

Instead: Create a new event each week with the theme "bears", change the mechanics once in a while by making room for new deck crafting.

Seasonal mode was the best thing that happened for Gwent so far, new ways to experiment with decks is what can bring enjoyment back to the community.

I said right in the title that I love the new mode. I agree it is a welcome breath of fresh air. I have seen and tried several different strategies across all the factions. What I asked for, is a single card be banned because it unbalances the mode. Of course some cards are better than others and I'm not calling for perfect balance. Just saying one card is so perfectly designed for this mode, that a capable player with a good deck and lippy in hand is very hard to stop (not impossible,) and it takes quite a bit longer than normal to do it.

Guest 4334474

I said right in the title that I love the new mode. I agree it is a welcome breath of fresh air. I have seen and tried several different strategies across all the factions. What I asked for, is a single card be banned because it unbalances the mode. Of course some cards are better than others and I'm not calling for perfect balance. Just saying one card is so perfectly designed for this mode, that a capable player with a good deck and lippy in hand is very hard to stop (not impossible,) and it takes quite a bit longer than normal to do it.

I think I'm gonna go and just amount to opinion of hate seeing a card like many used to hate seeing Spears prior to the recent nerf finally giving it a good slaying (perhaps too much slaying). We all attribute to some bias on card hate. I personally hate seeing big woody decks but as I climbed in rank I just obligated myself to run scorch / gerault professionalto deal with the tomfoolery.

The only thing I have ever considered stupid OP (and even did so on this forum) was when the new leaders came out and the new monster hero synergized with artifacts. That was some serious [nope].

I honestly think Ragnarok is more OP than Lippy for this mode, but like I mentioned above if you have weather clearing it turns the tide completely. Lippy decks don't seem to run weather clear so do pretty poorly to Ragnarok ironically enough in my experience.

Either which way, it's definitely a fun game mode and I think it's the most fun way to play Gwent atm not having to worry about deck thinning / discard and having long rounds of contention.

Post edited. -Drac

From my experience in the seasonal mode, although Lippy being very useful, it's the entire SK deck that fits this seasonal mode. I play a Crach + Lippy deck myself and haven't lost a match since, but the thing is i use Lippy only 30-40% of the matches. The engines like the great swords, Dagur and heymaey protector, alongside the healing units like the herbalist, Yoana and flaminica do wonders in that mode. The only deck i had trouble against (even more than mirror matches) is the locking usurper that i could barely defeat with lippy's help.

Tbf though i have to say that i feel that not all the players understand the required balance between dmg/heal/boost of the bear and taking care of the rest of the board, that was the main flaw of the strategy for most of the guys i faced. They just focus too much on the bears and let my engines work like a clock, ending the first round with a card advantage (for them) perhaps, but with no chance to catch up after 4-5 cards played. Then I usually just push for 2-0 because there are enough engines to go around in this deck. I usually leave Lippy for the third round and don't even get there eventually.

rrc

Forum veteran
I don't get the motivation to play Seasonal Casual mode at all. First of all, it is completely different and has a steep learning curve. The games go on and on and after a quick while it gets boring. Unless you want to earn the borders and card back, there is no point in playing this, and, I don't fancy the rewards of this seasonal tree (I would rather spend 50 RP next season to get Elves Card Back). And I believe there is a mission called "Win 3 consecutive games". That is absolutely ridiculous. Winning three consecutive games should have like 10 or more RPs, it is that tough for noobs like me. I am absolutely sure that I wont be able to achieve that.

And the most important reason is, the deck building. We have to build a deck specifically for this mode and it clutters my classic mode decks and my mild OCD doesn't like that. We should have two tabs in deck builder, one for Classic Decks and another for Seasonal Decks (I should create a new Suggestion thread for this).

But all said, I don't complain that seasonal rewards are behind the seasonal casual mode games. It is called Seasonal rewards for a reason and I am absolutely OK with it.

What a surprise. SK being dominaint again with access to game winning cards (several) that other factions don't have.

zzzzzzzzz

I made a mill deck and it's really funny. I was able to get 6 card advantage on one of my opponents lol. So I guess that's broken too. Lippy is definitely annoying. You could make a deck just for this mode with lippy and you'll keep drawing cards forever if you play it right.... I think

Update: Skellige is annoying as hell in this game mode.

Last edited:
It feels as if the mode was made particullarily for Skellige as it perfectly synergizes with every single SK archetype. Selfwounding, Healing, Bloodthirst, Damaging the enemy, Bears, Lippy Discard.

And the weird thing is, that even though the mode was made for protecting your own bear and damaging the enemy one, in the end it all amounts to milling the enemy. Bears probably need more health such that they won't be destroyed that easily anymore and we get less milling.

I don't get the motivation to play Seasonal Casual mode at all. First of all, it is completely different and has a steep learning curve. The games go on and on and after a quick while it gets boring. Unless you want to earn the borders and card back, there is no point in playing this, and, I don't fancy the rewards of this seasonal tree (I would rather spend 50 RP next season to get Elves Card Back). And I believe there is a mission called "Win 3 consecutive games". That is absolutely ridiculous. Winning three consecutive games should have like 10 or more RPs, it is that tough for noobs like me. I am absolutely sure that I wont be able to achieve that.

And the most important reason is, the deck building. We have to build a deck specifically for this mode and it clutters my classic mode decks and my mild OCD doesn't like that. We should have two tabs in deck builder, one for Classic Decks and another for Seasonal Decks (I should create a new Suggestion thread for this).

But all said, I don't complain that seasonal rewards are behind the seasonal casual mode games. It is called Seasonal rewards for a reason and I am absolutely OK with it.

The reason I love the mode is that it is different from the rest of the game. It forces new appraoches, introduces room for my opponent to surprise me. If you need help with deck building I can do that. Also you can name your decks so as to never confuse them.

Top Bottom