Cyberpunk 2077 Day vs Night and Atmosphere Thread

+

Should there be rain and storm in the game?

• Total voters
if it were the red moderators I would say it was a new revelation
Benz is a Red. He's a senior quest designer for CDPR who can be seen being interviewed about the game here, here, and here. The last one's not in English, but google translate gets you the gist of it. EDIT: Although Sard referenced the Dev answers thread, the original quote is actually from this very thread on page 3.

Last edited:
The game is supposed to be immersive and realistic. The sun makes everything look happier even when it's crappy. Being in a real city during the day looks happy and like you could have a great day. Being in a real city at night looks shady and dangerous and you always feel like something bad is about to happen. Even though it's the same city. That's the real world. That's what they're going for.

Last edited:
My understanding is that this particular world, although advanced with cybernetics and other futuristic concepts, is still heavily polluted, which is why the corporations and rich live in tall buildings so as to get above it where it should be sunny, but the slums and most of the game you see should definitely be mostly overcast and dreary. A vast majority of the population should be living in near squalor. It should have been a major part of the story, and a revelation, to get above the pollution and see the world from this totally different perspective as to emphasize the struggle and differences between the classes, V being one of the downtrodden and trying to make it to experience the good life, only to maybe come out of it with mixed opinions and a choice of who to support in the long run.

Last edited:
Personally, I think the days should be bright and vibrant while the nights should contrastingly be menacing and downright scary.

in the demo/ trailer it described night city as a place that offers hope, but at the same time is listed as the worst place to live. to be able to showcase that contrast in the day-night cycle would be perfect.

Guest 4323944

I think that in some places they should add more polluted looking air . I can understand why in the '' major city '' pollution would be somewhat non existent but then again what we saw is just a build of the game .

The thing that bothered me in the gameplay video were the LACK of TRAFFIC, Drug addicts and homeless.
its LA in 2077, the traffic there should be insane. Its a common cliché in scfi cities to have over population but the driving parts do not show this. There needs o be more traffic to give a more dystopian over populated world.

The factory back alley needs to show homeless, vagrants and drug addict NPCs. Adding them gives the game more atmosphere. Drug addict npc shouldn't be that hard to add. NPCS can sit as background decorations as they are high, mumble random stuff and totally ignore you.

both for those who expect a more futuristic and gloomy city hope to see more districts as for those who expect drug addicts and vagabonds

so I guess I should not have 48 min gameplay or should have a gameplay on E32019 I found it early shows the gameplay in 2018 looks like ubisoft

and should have shown a teaser trailer in cgi of 5 or 8 min of history and the city this happened with marketing tw3

Last edited:
Yes!
I wanted that for cyberpunk 2077 :cautious:

There will be such atmosphere:
Screenshot_2019-03-02 Cyberpunk 2077.png

The thing that bothered me in the gameplay video were the LACK of TRAFFIC, Drug addicts and homeless.
its LA in 2077, the traffic there should be insane. Its a common cliché in scfi cities to have over population but the driving parts do not show this. There needs o be more traffic to give a more dystopian over populated world.

The factory back alley needs to show homeless, vagrants and drug addict NPCs. Adding them gives the game more atmosphere. Drug addict npc shouldn't be that hard to add. NPCS can sit as background decorations as they are high, mumble random stuff and totally ignore you.

Square Enix's engine can do pretty good job at adding many NPCs to give a feeling of a crowd or over population. Ive a bad feeling its not the case here. Example of Square Enix's game like Hitman etc. Or what was that Yakuza game? Night City will be quite empty, lots and lots of just walls with windows but you cant see in, like why you never cant see inside? you dont need to bring the NPCs out of the building

Last edited:
I'm fairly sure not everyone will agree with the visual choices, even if we get to see more gameplay this year; which I'm not convinced of.

I like what I saw in the last demo.

This environment has great cyberpunk atmosphere. It's made in Unreal engine.

This is exactly what I wanted for CP77 though I am ok with day/night cycle if the night will deliver at least part of what we can see in this video.

I like the night feel of the game
Permanent night is really bad tho. Even Witcher 3 had scary nights and then bright days. Night City should have parts of the city always in the dark due to skyscrapers and other parts brighter during the day on the outskirts of town where there are none.

Top Bottom