What is your biggest fear regarding CP2077

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really in TW3 you have light attack and heavy attack plus dodge block and parry here in FPS you can just shoot and that's it.

Well, according to 48min demo, there will be the intelligence stat in CP2077 as well, I think it's natural to assume that high INT=more dialogue options for V. It probably isn't there just so the NPCs could tell V how smart she is. ;)

Yea, I think I recall they specifically said they don't want stats by themselves to limit dialogue options.

That dosen't mean they won't play a part in conversations or events.

To follow on your INT example, let's say V discovers an unusual object, and through the use of the inspection mechanic (which could be INT dependant) they said Cp2077 will have, he/she will/won't gain information from it which will affect dialogue option. That's just one way they could do it.

Last edited:
Not really in TW3 you have light attack and heavy attack plus dodge block and parry here in FPS you can just shoot and that's it.
Well yeah and in Cyberpunk 2077 we see V use melee combat and stealth takedowns. We know nothing about how melee will work. Just because the character build in demo was focused on guns, doesn't mean we are stuck with that:

https://www.vg247.com/2018/06/22/cy...mance-controversial-decision-go-first-person/
“This is still an RPG, right? It has to be a stats driven gameplay system,” says Pietras. “You want to reflect those damage options and how they’re connected to your stats and your skills and attributes in general. You can then adjust your weapon type to the situation.”

Players can single out particular limbs, whether chopping at arms with a katana of blasting out knees with a shotgun. This isn’t spray and pray – you approach an enemy tactically and switch up your weapons based on their defence or skillset.

“When it comes to combat we have three different types of weapons. Each are for a different approach to the gameplay,” says Pietras. “What I can tell you about hand-to-hand combat is that we will have it; where you can use the katana or other weapons. It’s a cool thing because we have a dismembering system. It’s visceral, it’s brutal.”

Well, according to 48min demo, there will be the intelligence stat in CP2077 as well, I think it's natural to assume that high INT=more dialogue options for V. It probably isn't there just so the NPCs could tell V how smart she is. ;)
I'm not a fan of the fast-paced shooting either and would have preferred pause&play option over what was shown, it's juts not a deal-breaker for me.
And my main point was that CP2077 looks like a game that meets today's standards of the RPG. Whether the appropriate name for that is RPG-lite, action RPG or RPG-FPS hybrid doesn't matter much to me. Definitely seems like an improvement over TW3.

THey said distinctively they don't want limit dialogues gatekeeping them with stats so is pretty clear they don't want as for what is acceptable for today standardt about rpg is not relevant since today they label rpgs even games that are not.
Ark survival evolved.
And many others example.
The industry focus in making game labeled as rpg that are in fact made for people that dislike rpg mechanics and even here we can do plenty of example.
Also you forget that while many are in hype just after the E3 there were others mostly the pen and paper fan that were waiting for a game to make justice to the pen and paper they love from like ever.
This is why you have plenty of people around that don't feel what was presented as cyberpunk sure looks like cyberpunk but in the end is a first person shooter.
I don't see nothing innovative in the gameplay how it was presented the dialogue system seemed clunky. The gameplay seemed like a collage of modern looter shooters.

But maybe is just me.

In the demo, V could shoot (3 weapon arch-types, effectiveness depending on situation, each with alternate fire modes), dodge, slide, jump, wall jump, wall climb, slash, stealth takedown, hack, slow down time (alter her senses). In combat or combat related. Quite a far cry to "just shoot and that's it"

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

THey said distinctively they don't want limit dialogues gatekeeping them with stats so is pretty clear they don't want
Fair enough, I wasn't aware of that, but, as mentioned above, there are other ways for INT to make a difference.
Also you forget that while many are in hype just after the E3 there were others mostly the pen and paper fan that were waiting for a game to make justice to the pen and paper they love from like ever.
This is why you have plenty of people around that don't feel what was presented as cyberpunk sure looks like cyberpunk but in the end is a first person shooter.
Nope, I didn't forget that and I do have a sympathy for you and others who feel that way. My expectations were just a lot closer to what we're seeing now than yours, and I apparently have a higher tolerance to somewhat watered-down RPG mechanics.
I don't see nothing innovative in the gameplay how it was presented the dialogue system seemed clunky. The gameplay seemed like a collage of modern looter shooters.

But maybe is just me.
Dialogue doesn't seem clunky to me at all, "shoot-run-shoot-take cover-reload-shoot-run" gameplay didn't impress me either.

THey said distinctively they don't want limit dialogues gatekeeping them with stats so is pretty clear they don't want as for what is acceptable for today standardt about rpg is not relevant since today they label rpgs even games that are not.
How many dialog options are visible at most at a time, and do stats and skills affect them in any way?

PW: It really depends as we have a very dynamic dialogue system. So you can have different dialogue options depending on the character you play. As an example, if I am now talking to you and you have a camera there and I notice I am being filmed, then maybe I would now look at the camera and another dialogue option would actually pop up there. The conversation would shift to the camera where I would ask "Oh am I being filmed?!" and when the conversation shifts back maybe another dialogue option would have appeared.

The quest, writing and cinematic teams are working really hard on these scenes and we're trying really hard to make them as dynamic as possible. Another example would be that if you go further into, let's say, being a netrunner and you have a lot of netrunner knowledge, then a new dialogue option might pop up. But usually we like to hide the numbers behind things like that so it feels more natural, so usually we would also not want to show the option to you if it's not available to you at that specific time. This is all something we're still toying around with so it is not final obviously.

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...om-2018-edition.10979804/page-2#post-11096951

Hand-to-hand = melee weapons in CDPR's eyes?
It's an interesting question. Katana and other weapons clearly indicates he's talking about melee at least in part. It's a bit unclear if he also means unarmed combat there. So .... ?

It's an interesting question. Katana and other weapons clearly indicates he's talking about melee at least in part. It's a bit unclear if he also means unarmed combat there. So .... ?

I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't a "thing" (in that it doesn't have any real skills laid out for it, not that you can never punch), but it'd be cool if it was. Perhaps this is something someone will clarify at (or before?) E3 this year.

In the demo, V could shoot (3 weapon arch-types, effectiveness depending on situation, each with alternate fire modes),

It is just shooting a gun, you can switch fire mode to be burst, single or full auto, but is still shooting a gun you can't make combos with guns you can't do parry with a gun and then to do riposte attack.

Also wall run, double jump, slow time.... are more stuff for action game not real RPG so to say that CP2077 is better than TW3 is not true.

you can't do parry with a gun and then to do riposte attack.

Well, you can't really parry or riposte a bullet (Unless you're Dante that is). RPG or not, gun combat very different than sword combat. And with all the gun combat systems out there, this one has a lot going for it.

Also wall run, double jump, slow time.... are more stuff for action game not real RPG

Yes, RPG's have been mechanically constipated, even "action" ones. It's nice to see someone wiling to go that extra mile.

About parry and riposte i meant that you can't do that with gun or rifle against melee weapon, aimbot gun is nothing new or fun just cheat, and ricochet are highly random and not 100% predictable it depend on few things like bullet and surface.

Double jump realy is out of place in CP2077 even Geralt didn't have double jump in world with magic in and he was super human to some extend, you didn't have double jump in VtmB where you was playing a vampire a supernatural being, in both of thos games you would have more easy time explaining double jump than in CP2077.

Adding some parkour stuff is ok but adding stuff that don't have any sense is wrong, things don't need to be 100% realistic but they need to be at lest plausible.

we like to hide the numbers behind things like that so it feels more natural,
I personally see a big contrast between this sentence and the demo (and TW3) where gameplay had numbers everywhere, in particular for gating mechanics (levels and loot). On one side you have a realistic (= immersive) approach, on the other you don't. :/ I hope they'll go "full brave" and follow only one of the two approaches, being coherent with themselves. IMHO that's the only way to make a game-changer product.

-----------------

I saw much more variety in the demo than in 200+ hours of TW3. Every weapon is different vs all swords are the same, you can aim at different body parts, cover, strafe, jump vs spamming light and heavy attacks alternating quen and igni (only two useful signs in vast majority of fights)...
I agree that double jump is bullshit and they could've gone for a super jump, but they can justify it with a compressed air propelling system or something like that, same for wall run (mantis blades). It's a cyberpunk game ( = sci-fi), you can justify things easily. The important thing is that you justify everything.
I'm more concerned for the subdermal grip that increases weapons' damage, that's unjustifiable bullshit.

I'm more concerned for the subdermal grip that increases weapons' damage, that's unjustifiable bullshit

Well, the gun's information showed DPS(damage per second) system instead of a singular dmg number, so maybe accuracy is a factor in the dps calculation? If it is, then technically it does increase dps. Realistically as well, the better you aim the more you're going to hit, the faster the target drops... Whishful thinking? Perhaps..

Last edited:
About parry and riposte i meant that you can't do that with gun or rifle against melee weapon, aimbot gun is nothing new or fun just cheat, and ricochet are highly random and not 100% predictable it depend on few things like bullet and surface.

Double jump realy is out of place in CP2077 even Geralt didn't have double jump in world with magic in and he was super human to some extend, you didn't have double jump in VtmB where you was playing a vampire a supernatural being, in both of thos games you would have more easy time explaining double jump than in CP2077.

Adding some parkour stuff is ok but adding stuff that don't have any sense is wrong, things don't need to be 100% realistic but they need to be at lest plausible.
Then ... just don't skill double jump? No?

Well, the gun's information showed DPS(damage per second) system instead of a singular dmg number, so maybe accuracy is a factor in the dps calculation? If it is, then technically it does increase dps. Realistically as well, the better you aim the more you're going to hit, the faster the target drops... Whishful thinking? Perhaps..
I don't know, the decription reads that it "enables use of locked weapons -50% damage reduction and increases melee damage" (melee makes more sense) and the narrator says "it increases the base damage on all connected weapons". Work in progress, but still... I already have levels scaring me with possible (most-likely since we had them in TW3) bullet-sponge enemies...

I personally see a big contrast between this sentence and the demo (and TW3) where gameplay had numbers everywhere, in particular for gating mechanics (levels and loot).
They're already confirmed the numbers popping up in the HUD to be optional. I don't think we'll have to live with one way or the other.

Last edited:
I'd prefer an "organic exerience". Sounds abstract. But in the sense of ideally blending out such damage numbers. So for me and others it would be a good thing if this is indeed an optional screen or HUD element.

Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom