GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I was wondering if the thronebreaker cards will stay at 4x cost (2x for leaders) of normal cards forever?

How long do we need to wait for patch for cards like Ciri: Dash, Stregobor and Frightener: Dormant?

Their counters are no longer visible since last update.

Will you guys add the new abilities to already existing cards? Like adding Harmony to some ST cards that don't have it, for example.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Hello Burza,
first of all: amazing work with the new page for the expansion!

I have a question regarding the card ratios: can you explain the reason for the big amount of neutral cards, rather than introducing more faction locked cards to support the archetypes there?

Wouldn't it be better to introduce more faction cards to make bigger use of the keywords for the different factions (e.g. Bleeding, Bloodthirst, Harmony etc.)?

Best regards and have a good day!

Hello Burza! Great news with the new expansion. My question: Any plans to buff/rework the Gwent versions of the Thronebreaker buddies Gascon and Reynard? Reynard is currently seeing very little play and just needs a small buff in power or provision cost, but Gascon is a boring RNG card and would need a rework. I would love to see his ability from Thronebreaker to make a comeback (gain +1 whenever a unit is moved to another row, whether in hand, deck or on the board).

Hi Burza <3

I really like the new keyword Harmony !
I have a Question : Do you Guys planning adding Keywords from Crimson Curse to Cards from the
base Set ? Harmony would fit on alot of different Scoiatel Units?

Have a Great Day :)

Hey Burza,
We have some nice new keywords.
So my question is - Will some of those keywords, like shield, poison, bleeding, be only faction specific or will every faction get some cards with those keywords?
Thank you and have a nice day! :)

Hello Burza! Any chance of adding more wallpapers to playgwent.com? Of Crimson Curse logo or one of the cards from the trailer?

1. Are we going to get to hear old avatar emotes such as Saskia and Dandelion again?

2. Will we soon have option to turn off the tool tips when hovering over the cards during the game? For seasoned players the tool tips are unnecessary since they know the cards already. And turning off them make game more beautiful.

Question for Burza/the art departement I guess?

Any plans on updating the background of old icons? Older icons have a flat grey background colour, while newer icons have their representative faction colour with a bit of texture.

E.g. Gernichora's portrait (for completing all nodes in her tree) have a nice red background, while the other monster leaders have grey backgrounds.

This is not isolated to Thronebreaker icons, Adda, Usurper and Jan Calveit all have a coloured background.

Thank you for being so active, looking forward to the dev stream tomorrow and even more to the crimson curse!

Hello Pawel,

About the new leaders in the Crimson expansion, will there be 1 per faction, or more? Are you considering having different number of leaders or do you wish to constantly keep the same number for each?

Also sorry if it was explained, how come you tend to use your surname, even in the streams with Jason? Because calling people by their last name reminds me of school where (severe) teachers do that. Like Harry Potter where Prof McGonagall calls you Potter, Granger etc.

Best Regards

A question on preorders for the Crimson Curse. I guess there will be a preorder bundle with some kegs and other stuff. Can we also get an alternative preorder bundle with premium expansion kegs? I would rather buy that, than buy regular kegs and then use meteorite powder.

Dear Burza,

"Ranked Progression" checkbox to toggle between Ranked and Causal mode is not persisted and is inconspicuous. On the initial thought, it looked like a bug, but as another forum member pointed out, we think that it may be working as designed, the reasoning behind it being 'To kind-of enable new players to play Ranked mode by default in which they will be matched against equal players and have a fair game'.

Now my question is, what is the actual reason? Bug or working as designed? If it is designed like that to help new players, we old timers will be OK with the minor inconvenience if it will help new players having a good time. But I am curious to know the actual reason.

Thanks,
RRC.

Hello :) Very nice stream today, you guys are on fire right now! I just had a more specific question for you : You said NR will be more of the good guys this time around. But, will a more evil side of NR, like specters *wink*, be built upon? It would make sense that we see more specters with the crimson curse wouldn't it? Anyway have a nice day!

Also, another thing : Does shield block bleeding? If you kill the unit that gave you bleeding, does it stop?

Thanks again

Did you(devs) change something in matchmaking today? When I was rank 13 matchmaking gave me rank 10 and rank 17 opponents and when I hit rank 12 I was matched vs rank 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom