Cyberpunk Soundtrack

+
just from what I have seen with what I heard in the gameplay trailer and the freaking stunning soundtrack from Witcher 3 I know whatever is put in is going to be awesome. Of course music was a big part of the game with rockerboys and i'm hoping there will be concerts and stuff going on. (imagine chasing a mark from a mission through a venue while the tunes are cranked up). Original game was made in the 80s and i'm an 80s child so I'm hoping I can upload my own playlists. Going to upload some hair metal bands and just drive as fast as I can on the freeways in that sportscar and just jam out with my speakers at max. Going to burn some serious Ch002.

We don't yet know if there will be playlist support. I've been compiling what we do know (plus some educated guesses based on statements from CDPR) in a related POLL and discussion (link in my signature.) Please vote and comment if you have an opinion. Here is a good place to start: #27

Last edited:
I'm not sure where to post this.
But EurocorpFx tried to replicate the music which can be heard during the scavanger hideout fight in the gameplay demo.
I really liked what I heard in the demo and this here is just brilliant until we have the official soundtrack/score of the game.

We don't yet know if there will be playlist support. I've been compiling what we do know (plus some educated guesses based on statements from CDPR) in a related POLL and dicussion (link in my signature.) Please vote and comment if you have an opinion. Here is a good place to start: #27

It's ok if they don't, I figure out a way to do it on my own. If push comes to shove Ill just turn down the music in game and play it from another source.

Read that most of the music is in-studio made and knowing that Ambiance and some sick beats and a bit of loud dubstep with some trip-hop vibes, all that would be ideal; if Skellige tunes can chill my spine, I'm sure Night City in the Rain will do the same.

GANG MUSIC: Red Chrome Legion (CULTURE approach. See #27)

A militant hate-gang of skins. You could go a few different ways here but I don't know if you'd want to legitimize the *actual* Nazi punk scene by licensing music from those bands. In this first example, I've tried to maintain the theme from the industrial angle by going back to DIE KRUPPS.

COUNTERculture (themes = rebellion, iconoclasm, rage)

Or (if you want to be less "on the nose") you could go the Metalectro route, which starts off metal and settles into a military style march.

Last edited:
GANG MUSIC: The DJ's (CULTURE approach. See #27)

From the NIGHT CITY sourcebook: "The DJ's claim to fame is their musical ability. Too bad they don't have any." This is another gang that I'd satirize musically. Synth-based wanna be hipsters, they're a parody of actual Rocker Boys... the bottom feeders of the Night City music scene. IMHO, Jimmy Urine was born to musically front this gang.

SUBculture (themes = Hedonism, Nihilism, Apathy)

Last edited:
Hi guys,

You should try "Perturbator".
He is a french electro music maker with a big influence of cyberpunk.
All his songs refer to that.

Hope you'll like it.

Cheers

Oh yea, Perturbator is the real deal. Love his tracks, Venger which you posted is a personal favorite of mine!

ROLE MUSIC: Rockerboys (CULTURE approach. See #27)

Depending on the CULTURE, you can get very different sounds from Rockerboys even if the genre of the music is similar. A few examples:

SUBculture Rockers have given in to the dystopia and developed a "Fuck it" attitude. The world may not be worth saving, but you can still squeeze the last drop of blood from it before you go.

SUBculture (themes = Hedonism, Nihilism, Apathy)
COUNTERculture Rockers want to burn down the systems of power that make the dystopia possible. They'll go down swinging.

COUNTERculture (themes = Rebellion, Iconoclasm, Rage)
CORPOculture Rockers peddle the image of rebels but stripped any of subversive themes. They'd be seen as sell outs by real Rockerboys, but probably not the masses, who've mostly become unable to tell the difference. Catchy by design, but soulless. It exists to give people an outlet while maintaining the status quo (see "Inverted Totalitarianism").

CORPOculture (themes = Vanity, Consumerism, Aspirational Wealth)

Last edited:
I agree. I'd like to see various styles and venues for them in the game to visit and mingle with the crowd.

COMPLETELY agree with both of you. That's why the methodology I'm using to curate licensed music suggestions is Culture-based rather than genre based. It exists to compliment what CDPR confirmed they're doing, rather than trying to replace what they're doing. They know their game best.

We've got 106 (and counting) pages in this thread of music people associate with Cyberpunk... and every single suggestion would require a license. That says that most people WANT a layer of licensed music in the game (in addition to the dynamic score and original content created by Mantia / Reese.) They just want the RIGHT music. And the more variety, the better the chances of delivering on those expectations.

Last edited:
Top Bottom