Crimson Curse live stream with developers 6.03.2019

+

Dominika

CD PROJEKT RED

Join us for a special Crimson Curse stream with developers – tomorrow at 8 PM CET! We will be showcasing some of the new cards from the expansion, as well as going through the new keywords.

As always, we'll be streaming on our Twitch.tv channel – see you there!

DRK3

Forum veteran
Just finished watching the stream. I apologize in advance, because this will feel like i complain whether you do something or the complete opposite, but here it goes:

With Homecoming, one of my (and some other players) biggest issues was the removal of many gameplay mechanics, which left the game too simple, compared to the possibilities there were in Beta.

Its nice to see so many new mechanics and keywords but i think now you're introducing too many mechanics and keywords at the same time, 3 or 4 per update would be nice, but just in this stream we saw or heard about:
-the return of 'shield' and 'bloodmoon'
-'purify', 'bleeding', 'poison', 'berserk', 'vitality', 'bonded', 'assimilate', 'formation', 'harmony',... (and im probably forgetting some)

It'll be impossible to run counters for every one of this new mechanics, i just hope somehow you manage to balance all of this new stuff, between itself and with the old content. Good luck.

I'm gonna go with the most OP Crimson deck possibilities:
60 value Mourtrant - Aracha's queen. Purify all the spawned drones so they'll all go to the graveyard :D
Na, probably just too few purify for MO hehe. But if opponent accidentaly used Purify All cards, while 20 Drones on the board...

Really liking some of these mechanics. Since Ambush isn't in the list of key words explained (didn't watch the stream yet), can somebody confirm if it's akin to playing an instant in MTG?

Any notes available? (Apart from the nice new mechanics summary)

Can't watch archive for another 10 hours =/ Would love to peek at the new cards on a break.:cry:

Wow! I'm really happy to see complexity added back to the game. I love Vivienne de Tabris and Artis abilities, and I like most of the new mechanis proposed. Well done.

It'll be impossible to run counters for every one of this new mechanics, i just hope somehow you manage to balance all of this new stuff, between itself and with the old content.

The new mechanics do not look binary, in the way old weather or artifacts did. Doesn't look like you need one specific tool like artifact removal or weather clear, else you have to give up the round. For example you can interact with a "bleeding" unit by:
1) purifying,
2) using vitality to compensate for the damage step-by-step,
3) resetting the unit at the end of the bleeding,
4) boosting your engine to keep it alive no matter what.
There is no hard counter required for most of the keywords and effects. The one mechanic I see as potentially problematic is "poison".

I also liked that during the stream they explained why they added back Quen... I mean Shield! Now that there are multiple ways to ping a card (through leaders, order ability, cards, bleeding, weather effect...) having the next instance of a damage blocked is not as a big deal as it was before.

Honestly Bleeding sounds astonishingly bad right now, it is slow and easily counterable, though they mentioned synergies to increase the damage and do other things with it, so it should be fine.
(I am not saying Plummard is bad, just that the way he gets points is awful to the worst way to get them).
I am wondering how Drain and Shield interact, I would assume the Shield gets ignored, however they might pull something odd and rule it different.

Honestly Bleeding sounds astonishingly bad right now

Bleeding cards do more damage than their flat damage counterparts for the same provision costs. This means that the value is better at the risk of getting countered. But with short bleeds that's unlikely, making Plummard actually a good value card.

rrc

Forum veteran
While I am super excited about the new expansion, I am equally (or even more) scared about the balancing issue. There are going to be at least a couple of completely broken deck (and I can bet that it will be from SK and/or MO) which is going to kill the fun of playing. I sincerely hope CDPR brings the expansion without a need to do a Hot Fix for balance issues. Good Luck CDPR team.

While I am super excited about the new expansion, I am equally (or even more) scared about the balancing issue.
Very much agreed. Really hope they can maintain some balance between the base set and the new expansion. However, it seems a tough task with the introduction of so many new mechanics and new cards.

Top Bottom