Media, News & Previews Thread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
1) cp2077 is in a parallel time line -> so it's not cp2020 future

Yea, i did find this bit particularly distracting. Mike Pondsmith did repatedly state that his deal with CDPR included them having complete creative freedom from year 2077 onward while R.Talsorian up until then. Dosen't that imply a shared timeline? And thus the need to establish clear lines so that continuity (lore wise) can be achieved?

Last edited:
Don't know what to take from that video other than raspy voice with a tough-guy tone sounding like Hollywood.

And that Iwinski still looks half dead from sleep deprivation.

Don't know what to take from that video other than raspy voice with a tough-guy tone sounding like Hollywood.
It's Geralt of Rivia's voice. It was the 4th video in a series, the others were about the founding of CDPR, making the Witcher and making GWENT. So the use of the voice is for continuity with the other videos.

The PlayStation video obviously raised more question than answered. Why are Iwinski's shirt and options are blurred? Some people are even saying that the music in the video is a tease of music in game.

I hope someone from CDPR will clear things up.

3) they blurred the choice between lethal and non-lethal takedown in the video, in both the shown occasions. Has it been removed from the game? @Lilayah

The same thing happens when they briefly show the takedown with the Mantis Blades. I believe that Sony did that to hide Xbox button prompts.

1) cp2077 is in a parallel time line -> so it's not cp2020 future, I expect some characters to be in the game (jhonny silverhand) (we knew this already)

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/ayebjd
In the comments below representative of R Talsorian Games clarified that this remark about Cyberpunk 2077 being set in a parallel timeline was an error in the script. Cyberpunk 2077 still takes place in the same universe as 2020 and Cyberpunk Red is going to bridge the gap between them.

Last edited:
In the comments below representative of R Talsorian Games clarified that this remark about Cyberpunk 2077 being set in a parallel timeline was an error in the script. Cyberpunk 2077 still takes place in the same universe as 2020 and Cyberpunk Red is going to bridge the gap between them.

@JGrayatRTalsorian was the person who corrected that statement in the video.

3 things are interesting here:

1) cp2077 is in a parallel time line -> so it's not cp2020 future, I expect some characters to be in the game (jhonny silverhand) (we knew this already)
2) FPP: marcin momot says that the idea is not to play as someone else but "as I". Some people on this forum won't be happy to hear that (we knew this as well)

3) they blurred the choice between lethal and non-lethal takedown in the video, in both the shown occasions. Has it been removed from the game? @Lilayah
1. CP2077 is in the same timeline as CP2020 and CP Red.
3. It was blurred probably for the purpose of the video.

yeah, I forgot it had those buttons. Fair enough.

and thanks for clarifying the other point.:cool:
I really hope what he said is accurate.

Non-lethal options were a really cool idea, and something people like me (who typically play with the lowest body count possible in other games) would really enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom