Weekly Poll 1/28/19 - Endgame

+

What would you like to see after the main story concludes?

• Total voters
Had not read other posts, but i suggest a huge amount of side quest during the whole playthrough, many elaborate quests and many others more simple and funny, maybe with minigames.
It would be NECESSARY the chance to immediately choose NG+ and it would be nice the presence of weekly quest procedurally generated like killer contracts, spy game quest, and so on, like AC ODYSSEY/ORIGINS i guess :ohstopit:

They can do whatever they want but I see this game offers like 30-40 main story, 55 hourish main plus side, close to 100 hour for completionist, thats enough to get full price especially with their excellent engine. Why they need to add endgame?

If they wanna start this series with a bang, release this, then online couple year later, then both combined. That should put competitors behind for good. If they are good they can keep the hype going for Cyberpunk 2.

I think you're misunderstanding what the term endgame entails. Virtually every open world game in existence lets you continue playing after the end. All this poll is asking is what form that content should take.

Should it just be exploring and finishing whatever you haven't finished? An epilogue? "Radiant," repeatable content? Etc.

Nobody is asking for online on release in this thread (and I'd prefer it never exist, but we don't always get what we want).

maybe a hybrid between 1 and 2. Yakuza Kiwami did this very well. You play in the world after all is said and done but at any time you could make an offshoot save that is NG+. I absolutely ADORE NG+ games and you could even lock some stuff behind NG+/difficulties (RE4 did this best with their unlimited ammo guns and the special edition costume for ashley that gave her armor and if you beat the game on professional you could get a beam gun that would kill the parasites inside of any enemy).

I think you're misunderstanding what the term endgame entails. Virtually every open world game in existence lets you continue playing after the end. All this poll is asking is what form that content should take.

Should it just be exploring and finishing whatever you haven't finished? An epilogue? "Radiant," repeatable content? Etc.

Nobody is asking for online on release in this thread (and I'd prefer it never exist, but we don't always get what we want).

Just like option 3: Dynamically generated quests and objectives - the story is never truly over! - Yeah, give it to me? I want to play this 2 year, bring it on CDPR, if you have money to do it, that is.

Last edited by a moderator:
How much money they are willing to put money into it? Shouldnt that be something we need to know to give them answer. You can easily put 50+ mill into endgame.

Just like option 3: Dynamically generated quests and objectives - the story is never truly over! - Yeah, give it to me? I want to play this 2 year, bring it on CDPR, if you have money to do it, that is.

I was clarifying the initial purpose of this thread (and its questions) because it seemed like you were defending against an argument that wasn't being made ("endgame should have online content"). If you were just spitballing ideas that's fine, too.

As for the "shouldnt that be something we need to know to give them an answer thing," sure, but CDPR isn't asking these questions, one of their forum moderators is. That individual has no insight into the game's development cycle or financial resource allocation, so it's not really the company looking for answers.

I'm also not sure what you mean by $50 mill into end game, but I'd be curious to hear your thoughts. What sort of content are you imagining would cost that sum?

I agree that dynamically generated quests and objectives would be neat. I would understand if it doesn't happen, of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm also not sure what you mean by $50 mill into end game, but I'd be curious to hear your thoughts. What sort of content are you imagining would cost that sum?

GTA5 and ESO combined has pretty much all the endgame game industry has to offer. Also if those doesnt do it, take a look at World of Warcraft. Its really how much money you want to throw into it.

Sild

Ex-moderator
GTA5 and ESO combined has pretty much all the endgame game industry has to offer. Also if those doesnt do it, take a look at World of Warcraft. Its really how much money you want to throw into it.

With the exception of GTA5(if you were indeed referring to content in GTA5 and not GTA:O) those are MMO games.

SP games have a very different approach to content. Basically so far there's just two main approaches. Skyrim's "play what you want whenever you want how long you want, main quest or not" and The Witcher 3's NG+.

Neither approach can cost 50+mil, not even combined.
Expecting WoW raids and battlegrounds and what not in Cp2077 is unreasonable, not to mention undesirable, because that would shift A LOT of focus, content and systems to work with those concepts and what you build for the "game" part runs the risk of becoming redundant.

Last edited:
With the exception of GTA5(if you were indeed referring to content in GTA5 and not GTA:O) those are MMO games.

SP games have a very different approach to content. Basically so far there's just two main approaches. Skyrim's "play what you want whenever you want how long you want, main quest or not" and The Witcher 3's NG+.

Neither approach can cost 50+mil, not even combined.
Expecting WoW raids and battlegrounds and what not in Cp2077 is unreasonable, not to mention undesirable, because that would shift A LOT of focus, content and systems to work with those concepts.

I bet Zenimas has spent nearly 50 mill on ESO's endgame so far. You can spend a ton.

Sild

Ex-moderator
Well yea, sure, every WoW, Guild Wars 2, ESO, Path of Exile expansion is expanding endgame content with many, Many millions of dollars worth of work, but those are just those types of games, the "the game actually starts when you reach endgame" type. Not exactly the Witcher 3 or Cp2077 pitch.

Well yea, sure, every WoW, Guild Wars 2, ESO, Path of Exile expansion is expanding endgame content with many, Many millions of dollars worth of work, but those are just those types of games, the "the game actually starts when you reach endgame" type. Not exactly the Witcher 3 or Cp2077 pitch.

Its big investment as so many companies has already done it years before, if they wanna recoup the production cost, they could add it like 2 year later and ask 30-40 bucks for it, start hyping it immediately after Cyberpunk 2077 is released.

I choose option 2) not because I like NG+ mode but because I prefer replayability rather than end game contents. If the game doesn't worth play more than once then NG+ mode won't do anything good. (I never play TW3 NG+).

I don't like option 3). I think dynamic missions should never be a main design preference unless you have a highly intelligent mission generator. Repetitive mission patterns is evil and makes game clumsy like it did in TW3. Even if you can generate non repetitive missions, I still doubt it is a good option. Dynamic missions doesn't really make the game dynamic. It only make the mission itself dynamic which is not very helpful. Dynamic "situation" is more attractive than dynamic mission. It's like chess games, every round the situation change and the only mission object is checkmate.

Personally I love it when a game ends and they have that cut scene of how you have changed the NPC's lives. I always liked that, but then i'm all about leaving foot prints in the world. if i'm in a fire fight I want too see the bullet holes in the wall as I walk by that street corner .... I want to be reminded that X Y and Z happened here. did I destroy a shop window, I want too see it boarded up the very next day. oh and side note CD project Red, when your player is in a bad community I want too see bars and steel gratings that cover the windows that stop the street scum from breaking in.

I still assumed you were referring to singleplayer endgame content, so my bad.

Yes, of course entire online modes could cost that much or more quite easily.

I still assumed you were referring to singleplayer endgame content, so my bad.

Yes, of course entire online modes could cost that much or more quite easily.
Endgame comes in many forms, single playing, online, group, raid etc. Whats your catch bro? CDPD can do stuff how they want. But currently its best to invest big in endgame, because as I said before so many companies has done it before, if you do one dungeon now, players wont even notice it.

Endgame comes in many forms, single playing, online, group, raid etc. Whats your catch bro? CDPD can do stuff how they want. But currently its best to invest big in endgame, because as I said before so many companies has done it before, if you do one dungeon now, players wont even notice it.

Endgame in a singleplayer game rarely refers to online. Even when online is present (like in GTA 5) it's not really endgame, but instead a separate mode with its own progression.

So if you're asking for raids, or other similar content as Cyberpunk 2077's endgame, I'm afraid I have to strongly disagree. It'll be a singleplayer RPG first and foremost - if $50 million is going to be spent, I'd much rather it be spent on making the game better, or making great DLC.

But it's fine for us to differ on this point.

Endgame in a singleplayer game rarely refers to online. Even when online is present (like in GTA 5) it's not really endgame, but instead a separate mode with its own progression.

So if you're asking for raids, or other similar content as Cyberpunk 2077's endgame, I'm afraid I have to strongly disagree. It'll be a singleplayer RPG first and foremost - if $50 million is going to be spent, I'd much rather it be spent on making the game better, or making great DLC.

But it's fine for us to differ on this point.

Well, Im not familiar with CDPR, I joined maybe 5 month ago or so. Seems like you've been here long than Ive.

I cast vote to 1, 3 and 5.

Continuing playing with the character past the main story is preferable, and lends itself well toward DLC content further down the pipe. If you are still in the world, moving to the next story should be easy.

The reason why I also chose 5 (you die), is as a culmination of player choice during the story. The idea is that if you play your character as 'evil' and violent, it would come back to haunt you at the end of the story and someone would conspire to murder you (karma strikes back). Isn't this what happens in RDR2? (I haven't played that game cause I no longer have consoles). More moderate or benevolent character choices would let you continue playing. :) The games that have used this as part of a multiple branched ending have been all good in my opinion. There was a samurai game on XBox360 that had this too and I remember liking it.

Last edited:
to be honest I hate the concept of investing into video gamey features like raids or hoard mode or some other gimmic.
This is a Rpg based of a beloved Pen and paper roll playing game. Cyberpunk 2020.. this is not Fortnight or overwatch. and I think too invest time into something that is not related too Cyberpunk 2020 the role playing game. would be a disservice too fans of the franchise.

when the story end....I start over....unless the ending sucked . Then I go somewhere to cry , drink and whine :p

I selected nothing / credits as I thought it was the closest to what I generally like - I like games to have a definitive ending, but perhaps after credits, there are a few "post-game" quests to help offer closure on things for you - using Witcher 3 as an example, I would have liked to see a quest after the "Ciri becomes a Witcheress" ending where Geralt and Ciri go to Velen and hunt down the last Crone together, perhaps a brief quest / cutscene in Novigrad where Geralt, Ciri, and his sorceress of choice (Triss for me) visit Dandelion's inn and have a drink with Dandelion and Zoltan (if they're alive) and just chat for a few minutes about their journeys together, etc. rehashing some key events in your playthrough, and future plans, etc. things like that that just kinda close things out in a good way for the player.

And if the game is meant to lead into a sequel, then similar, but maybe some of those quests end on a cliffhanger type situation to build suspense for the next game.

Top Bottom